EU DRIVERS

Im looking for information regarding EU drivers from outside the UK. I have a Romanian born driver who has exchanged his drivers licence for a UK drivers licence.
He has a UK address and has worked for us via an agency for sometime now.
He recently lost his Driver Digi card and reported this to the DVLA in the required time frame. This week he phoned the DVLA this week to see how the process was going and was told he cannot drive until he receives his new/replacement card.
He has been driving during the 15 day period according to the regulations but it now seems he was driving illegally.
Does anybody have some information on this subject or can you explain why he is unable to drive please.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t know legally but was the tacho card issued in Romania and not exchanged at the same time as the licence.

The DVLA would see it as a new application.

The DVLA…

Will be the best people to answer your questions, they’re the people who are dealing with it.

thanks for hiring peeps from other countries to do my job

I’ve had problems with foreign drivers before where they have applied for and been given a digi card in the UK whilst still driving with their European licence. When they swap their EU licence for a UK one they end up with 2 accounts at the DVLA (2 driver numbers). If this happens and you just use the driving licence number when making enquiries it shows there has been no digi card issued, do you have copy of the digi card number?

yourhavingalarf:
The DVLA…

Will be the best people to answer your questions, they’re the people who are dealing with it.

thanks for hiring peeps from other countries to do my job

Would you seriously want to work for someone who asks for advice on Tacho laws on an internet forum??

dont think hes actually asking for tacho advice do you…seems like its a digi card advice…dum…dum…anyway i am surprised that if dvla issued a uk licence, the digi card is usually issued with it if its due…it could be that the digi was in fact isued in Rumo, so dvla are getting that one cancelled before issuing a new gb one, as its supposed to be illegal to hold 2.