Two digi cards?

Hi all sorry if i offended people with my last thread, im new to the internet and didnt realise the manners required when new to a forum. SORRY! I stay in glasgow been round the block a wee bit but never settled in a job so for past couple of years been happy ish as an agency driver, thats me…

Im just a bit concerned about my mate hes using two didi cards, says he lost his old one then when new one arrived found it again. He says its handy as he doent like to take his 45hrs break every fortnight, and sometimes likes to work solid for a month then take a couple of days break. Shocking i know but hes a good lad and i woud hate to see him in trouble…

He moves about the agencys alot and dose alot of nighttrunk work so hes unlikely to get pulled on the few days he uses his card, dose any one know his likeyhood of getting caught? ie from downloads etc i suspect he can go on for years or indefinetly no probs, but dose anyone know any facts about this situation?

Its not like the old days, tacho out the window, so must be a problem for a few people. Before anyone says magnet, their no good for agency drivers as clients expect downloads, thanx…

pavaroti:
Hi all sorry if i offended people with my last thread, im new to the internet and didnt realise the manners required when new to a forum.

you should see my first posts :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If a driver is using 2 seperate digi cards and gets caught then they will probably have exceeded many of the rules and a seperate penalty could be issued for each of them - I won’t even try to guess what that could add up to in fines.

I also suspect that if that is the case then the Traffic Commissioner is likely to suspend the LGV part of the licence for some time

As to how likely he is to get caught… I don’t know as I’m not sure what databases/info are linked together

all it takes is a control by police or VOSA to download the vehicle data not the driver data to see two different cards with the same name on then the provebial hits the fan, but if never in the same truck as in agency will just take longer to get caught.

nice to see your spelling has improved from your first post but should “my mate” really be interpreted as “me” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
but should “my mate” really be interpreted as “me” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think welshboy just posted what everyone that has read this was thinking :laughing: :laughing:

pavaroti:
‘…i woud hate to see him in trouble…’

Well, morally he’s in trouble already.

What is his greed/need funding, for eff sake, that Nobby McNo-life feels such a need to flog his tail to be at work 24/7/365?

To me he’s neither big nor clever, although hugely talented in his eyes alone as a ‘professional’ driver (huh?!)

ROG:

pavaroti:
Hi all sorry if i offended people with my last thread, .

you should see my first posts and every other one since then :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
r

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

First of all have you actually seen the two cards because a lot of drivers come out with this particular bit of BS when they don’t actually have two cards?

If he does have two cards the first one has been cancelled and the second will have a different number so if he is stopped in a control they will know he is driving with a cancelled card and will be looking at a fine at the very least, possibly loss of his LGV licence or a prison term. At a minimum failure to use the required record sheet — i.e. analogue chart or driver card or printout, as required = £120.00. They could even decide is more serious than that, falsifying records for instance which carries a maximum penalty of £5000 and two years imprisonment. So best thing you can do is tell him to crack on until he is caught. :wink:

To be honest I would have thought that getting court using two Driver Cards would be a certain chat with the TC and probable suspension of HGV entitlement on the license.

I could be wrong though :wink:

No its not me im talking about, woud be handy mind having the 2, iv not seen both his cards but do believe him as we use to work in london same agency when all scottish boys were doin a 7 day wk as we were away from our familys anyway. As for Mc no life that will refer to any agency driver whose making 1/2 decent wage. :slight_smile:

pavaroti:
‘…As for Mc no life that will refer to any agency driver whose making 1/2 decent wage. :slight_smile:…’

I gotta disagree, pal. Mine’s a decent wage and the hours are within a start/finish bracket that suits my life (which includes having a clean house, being properly & healthily fed and having pursuits beyond all those too).

Maybe I’m not greedy enough nor feel sorry for myself?

Well imo you should tell someone about him!!! I can understand he’s a mate and all that, but what if that “mate” is running tired and KILLS one of your family!!! not such a mate then is he■■?

Agency driver playing golf■■?

Agency driver down the pub■■?

Agency driver still getting plenty of work■■?

What planet is this on coz im on my way. Mayb you stay lutterworth or hatfield where there desperate for drivers still. Sounds very nice, if you post location and agency name a think there might be a stampede… :slight_smile:

As for grassing a driver for breaking hrs rule your name must be billy no mates you snake in the grass. was on mixers a few years back when owner driver got jealous and called vosa in. He was ostracised had to take his wagon elsewhere. Grasses and peodos are one and the same in my book… :imp:

pavaroti:
Grasses and peodos are one and the same in my book… :imp:

add drivers who deliberately flout the law & run bent to that list too
especially the person who is the subject of the OP whom it is alledged has 2 cards** :smiling_imp:

Id be more concerned if someone [u]didnt[/u] blow the whistle on anyone running seriously bent in this industry,**
& I don`t mean blowing the whistle on a driver who for whatever reason runs 5-10mins over their time to get to safe parking

pavaroti:
Agency driver playing golf■■?

Agency driver down the pub■■?

Agency driver still getting plenty of work■■?

What planet is this on coz im on my way. Mayb you stay lutterworth or hatfield where there desperate for drivers still. Sounds very nice, if you post location and agency name a think there might be a stampede… :slight_smile:

As for grassing a driver for breaking hrs rule your name must be billy no mates you snake in the grass. was on mixers a few years back when owner driver got jealous and called vosa in. He was ostracised had to take his wagon elsewhere. Grasses and peodos are one and the same in my book… :imp:

(Assuming this isnt a wind up :wink: )
He may as well keep going and earn those extra pennys and put them in some offshore bank account so when he gets released from prison he’ll have 300 years of interest to look forward to as he will be in some bother with vosa if they ever catch him, but bent fly by nighters prob have a lesser risk of being pulled just tell him to stay away from carlisle.

you say your worried about him, have you even spoken to him about your moral objection to what your “mate” is doing, what would it take then for you to say something to him. if you find out in say 6 months time that your friend wiped out a mini bus on the hard shoulder full of school kids would you not feel guilty that you could of possibly done something about it months earlier?

fair enough about “grassing him up” he is your mate, but surely even speaking to him mate to mate about what he is doing, may be he hasnt even thought about the risks he is putting to his own life.

word of warning just dont come on here in 6 months time asking what will happen to your friend because he is due in court for tacho offences or even worse death by dangerous driving, the houiler than thou bridage will have a field day and they have very good memory…

me personally i would just talk to him mate to mate about the error of his ways and tell him your concerened for if nothing else his ow well being, thats what mates are for arent they, look out for each other.

pavaroti:
As for grassing a driver for breaking hrs rule your name must be billy no mates you snake in the grass.

Grasses and peodos are one and the same in my book… :imp:

What a plank you are :imp: So if a driver side swipes you cus he’s tired you wouldn’t report him, or if I burgled your house…or your neighbours?? You wouldn’t say anything either…

Pedos are a different tact and subject altogether and in my opinion should really only be used in context…I HAVE grassed another driver up for serious risk and am defo no pedo!!!

If he’s running two cards & not taking his breaks as he should, he’s putting everyone around him including himself in danger & he deserves to get caught before someone gets hurt or worse. I’m not the biggest angel in the world by any means but anyone flouting the rules is not only at risk, they’re costing someone else a job!!

BB

I don’t believe that anyone is running with two cards, my mate, his mate or anyone’s mate.

It would be like a cat burglar leaving his business card at every address he works at. The VU holds the same information as the card, but more of it, so in one, two or even three years something will click and fall into place, the enquiries will start and they will investigate every orifice with a bottle brush.

Either that or your mate will kill someone and probably himself and be the richest man in the graveyard