Company Funded Class 1 Training

Does anyone know of any Companies in Yorkshire (ideally south) doing funded class 1 (C+E) training in exchange for working for X amount of years for them? Thanks.

If taskmaster agency have places near you ring them and ask… fella I worked with about year ago worked in warehouse via task master.
After so many months working they funded his class 2 licence…
Then he was took on at our place as a driver.
He did say something about them fuding his class 1.
But he left so no idea if he did it.

Also heard driver hire do a similar thing.

But what ever you do don’t fall for these schemes where places re educate you then gain a licence
. Usually goevment backed
You end up spending 6/12 months doing courses online in an office and.mostly basic stuff that you learnt at school…and it’s all unpaid.

I certainly wouldn’t do it, as you will be tied to the company and effectively be their ■■■■■ and get the crappy stuff and shift patterns

Dunno about yorkshire asi dont live there but i would try the likes of xpo/gxo fowler welch or freshlink i know allthree of them will train drivers at the moment however it appears to be the gov bootcamp scheem so if that is somthing your looking to avoid i could be wrong but i susspect you will be hard pushed.

There’s an Asda lorry that drives around locally with L plates and blurb about training drivers all over the trailer. This runs out of the ADC in Lutterworth, Leicestershire but Asda have RDCs in Doncaster and Wakefield so might be worth looking at that?

thedrivermad86:
Does anyone know of any Companies in Yorkshire (ideally south) doing funded class 1 (C+E) training in exchange for working for X amount of years for them? Thanks.

Langdons Dodworth, Barnsley

Chance of them putting you through class 1 in house if you do ok on class 2.

peirre:
I certainly wouldn’t do it, as you will be tied to the company and effectively be their ■■■■■ and get the crappy stuff and shift patterns

Easy to say this now,but when you are just starting ,things are different

Harry Monk:
There’s an Asda lorry that drives around locally with L plates and blurb about training drivers all over the trailer. This runs out of the ADC in Lutterworth, Leicestershire but Asda have RDCs in Doncaster and Wakefield so might be worth looking at that?

Warehouse to wheels apprenticeship vehicle, Asda don’t train outside from car to truck, they have to have a min of 2 years in the warehouse first.

Where I worked it was training AFTER being with the Company for a few years in another department,not from outside.

Do Stobarts not do their ‘driver apprentice’ scheme anymore?

peirre:

It’s a bloody long time ago now, but I’ve never forgot the guy who gave me the chance all those years ago when nobody else would, in the days of me being young and keen (and naive in a lamb to the slaughter type way. :smiley: )
I worked for him for a year to pay him back, and tbf he was ok with me.

After saying that I have often wished he hadn’t taken pity on me many times since… :laughing:

(If you’re reading this Trevor. :wink: :laughing: )

robroy:

peirre:

It’s a bloody long time ago now, but I’ve never forgot the guy who gave me the chance all those years ago when nobody else would, in the days of me being young and keen (and naive in a lamb to the slaughter type way. :smiley: )
I worked for him for a year, and tbf he was ok with me.

After saying that I have often wished he hadn’t taken pity on me many times since… :laughing:

Gulp is that you in the drivers seat Roberta

dozy:

robroy:

peirre:

I worked for him for a year, and tbf he was ok with me.

Gulp is that you in the drivers seat Roberta

Could may well be doze,.I ain’t always been a Kojak lookalike ya know. :smiley:
It was a publicity picture from Bedford in Commercial Motor mag as far as I know,.sent to me by Bewick off here.
Could may well be me, but there was a few young lads on the firm at the time with similar hairstyles. :smiley:

Try Goldstar Leeds they do have a training school.

Thanks all for the replies, I have a class D licence, been driving coaches and buses for 11 years so not the same jump from car to HGV. It’s just so expensive and the pay gap from Class D driving to Class C+E is that large that I thought it worth looking into funded companies. Again, thanks for all the replies.