Class 2 newbie looking for inhouse class 1 training

Hi I would like to know if you know of any haulage companies in the W Yorkshire area that would train a newbie class 2 driver for class 1, I know there would be a contract or some thing ,and I would stay with the right firm ,I have been working for the agencies on and off since the end of September 2006 doing multi drop and general haulage this has given me some experience and a good idea of the job, I like general haulage best and I would like to follow that path if I could . :laughing:

I know its not General Haulage, but try Morrisons supermarket. I work for them in Northants and its an easy job so you can learn your way around driving a class 1 without the stresses of off loading by handball down an alley :open_mouth:

Thanks i will contact them and see what they say , i have heard agencys put you in for the class 1 is it worth going full time with an agency ? with my factory job i take home £250 a week can i get that with full time agency work and can they put you on a contract or somthing?

your best bet is with an agency, not many company’s are doing class 1 training anymore as it’s cheaper for them to advertise. if you do it with an agency you’ll have to sign a contract to say you’ll stay with them for a couple of years but at least you will be 1st in line for work and you’ll be earning more than the factory job.

I don’t know about agencies taking on full time, though I stand to be corrected; as by their nature of providing drivers rather than traction they can’t always guarantee work.

Pay wise, well it might be different in Bradford, but I think Morrisons pay a pretty uniform rate. Days you’ll be looking at about £1600 take home every 4 weeks, nights I think gives you about £100 a week more in allowances.

try longs of leeds. they are steady away and will train you up.

thanks for that i downloded the appliction form ,i only passed the end of september 2006,ive had a bit of experiance and gereral haulage is the job i liked best not much hand balling lol