Amazon double decker trailers

simcor:
The rollover/skidpan training is done at bruntingthorpe. It is apparently rather good fun so I’m told. I think anyone could pay to do the course, but no idea how much it costs.

Some places will just send people out with no training on anything, others have certain rules like being decker trained.

It is pot luck to some degree but places should spend more time training people on different types of kit.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

So it’s an artic sized, skid training, bed frame thingymajig, with outriggers so it won’t roll? :frowning:
And pay for it :open_mouth: :question: :question:
I’m Scottish man, retiring in 2 years time. I don’t want to pay for a training course, I just want a few hours playing on it :laughing: :laughing:

The only civilian training I’ve had, was my HGV1, in 1991. DCPC and ADR excluded.
I’ve asked other drivers how something works/is done, many times over the last 30+ years. Usually they’ve been happy to show me.

Saying that, I did a lot of BOC work, through an agency. After well over a year of delivering gas bottles all over Scotland and North England, from various depots, I went in to the Glasgow depot for training on how to do what I’d been doing. This included a driving assessment, in a Daf 80. After it, I was no longer allowed to drive their Daf 85s, because I wasn’t assessed on them. I also was no longer allowed to hook up a wagon to their A-frame trailers, the best bit about that was, it was me who had taught their assessor how to drive and reverse an A-frame trailer. Obviously, as an agency driver, I drove every make and model of truck in general use on the road (and trailer), as a matter of course.