P.o.a

Never normally bother with poa however today I spent the whole day knocking round the service center waiting for the brakes to be fixed. I ejected my card when I 1st arrived and put it back in when I left 9 hours later!!! Manual entry I went for poa followed by a 45 min break in middle of day followed by some more poa. Have I done this right?

I would have either done POA or break for the whole 9 hours

Assuming you get paid for breaks then you could have simply manually entered break for the whole time. I’ve no idea of your working patterns so it may be of no use, but anyone who regularly reduces rest periods would benefit from a “freebie” as more than 3 hours continuous break counts as a split break so giving you an extra 15 should you need or desire it.

I would just have left it on work with a break in between.
Never ever used POA.

Really no point using it unless you do loads of hours, it just confuses things really.

I thought there was a rule that says you can’t start or finish a shift on POA, or maybe that was just a company thing?

drover:
Really no point using it unless you do loads of hours, it just confuses things really.

I thought there was a rule that says you can’t start or finish a shift on POA, or maybe that was just a company thing?

I do a full shift of 10 hours POA when I am on call sat at home :smiley: