Clean Air & Congestion Zones

Hi

Are there any of the truck satnav is out there that actually can route around the zones? Such as the Birmingham clean air zone, and the London Zones.

Such as the TomTom Go Expert and the Garmin Dezl series.

I would imagine there will be POI files that you can download

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Some suggestions on various fora that if you check the no toll roads option, satnavs will route around the zones where possible [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Can you believe that Bradford of all places is introducing the clean air zone. There’s a joke in there somewhere but i best keep schtum

Quite a few more CAZ’s being implemented in May-June 2022 as well as the ones that are already active.

Bath

Birmingham

London - 25 October 2021

Portsmouth - 29 November 2021

Sheffield, Newcastle - Late 2021

Bradford - January 2022

Oxford - February 2022

Dundee - 30 May 2022

Edinburgh - 31 May 2022

Aberdeen - May 2022

Bristol - Summer 2022

Glasgow - 1 June 2023

Thing is I’ll bet most people aren’t touched by this as most zones don’t include Euro 6 which came in for cars in 2015 I think.

Personally both my cars are Euro 6 and I suspect the hearty metropolis of Rugby is someway off introducing such a zone and there’s absolutely zero draw to drag me into the centre of it anyway :laughing:

For heavy diesel it was introduced in 2014 I believe. I think the last time I drive truck that was older than that was about four years ago and they’ve been retired now.

That’s not to say that I agree with it with clean air zones, or chargeable clean air zones anyway. I genuinely don’t see how paying a charge suddenly changes your toxic death gases into cuddly care bears popping out the tailpipe but hey ho.

And I get the “discouragement” argument but generally these things tend to hit those who run a car but can’t justify or afford a model that fits the standards…

To encourage (or discourage) the alternatives need to be simple and easy to attain. I’m not poor by any stretch but, I do have a family so can’t whizz around on a scooter and need a family car for which you’re looking at 30/40k currently and I can’t justify that at all.

lancpudn:
Quite a few more CAZ’s being implemented in May-June 2022 as well as the ones that are already active.

Bath

Birmingham

London - 25 October 2021

Portsmouth - 29 November 2021

Sheffield, Newcastle - Late 2021

Bradford - January 2022

Oxford - February 2022

Dundee - 30 May 2022

Edinburgh - 31 May 2022

Aberdeen - May 2022

Bristol - Summer 2022

Glasgow - 1 June 2023

Plus Manchester. Early next year. Have heard it will cover greater Manchester. Basiaclly anything within the M60 possibly places outside it as well

edd1974:
Have heard it will cover greater Manchester. Basiaclly anything within the M60 possibly places outside it as well

Theres signs on part of the east lancs road which I suspect are to do with a charge zone, but just says 2022. That should be great if the M62 is shut or they still haven’t finished the “upgrade”.

Aa for Euro 6 cars, can’t afford to change my 2012 Kia Ceed (nothing fancy) which I assume isn’t that. And a hell of alot of other people won’t be able to either. To busy trying to pay for all the other bill increases.