Bristol Clean Air Zone

Beware this will start on the 28th November 2022…

bristol.gov.uk/residents/st … le-checker

Yes and there’s been some.kind of scam /system error.
People getting letters saying you cars been spotted in bristol pay the charge.
.have family that live about 15 miles from Bristol theve had a letter despite never even driving anyware near Bristol.

All these clean air zone is a mess. If you go online check your car details etc.
Some zones I can drive in for free others have to pay the charge. There is no consistency.
Each council has different rules

I often go through the centre of Bristol,.saw the signs up the other week,.I thought, ‘Ok, maybe time for a route re.think’ , but I’ve just put my truck reg in the Govt guide b/s and it seems I’m fine…surprisingly

Still under no illusions that it has any ■■■■ thing whatsoever to do with clean air , pollution or anything like that in reality,. but EVERYthing to do with money,.as with everything else in the good old UK…

robroy:
Still under no illusions that it has any [zb] thing whatsoever to do with clean air , pollution or anything like that in reality,. but EVERYthing to do with money,.as with everything else in the good old UK…

First thought when I saw it. If it was really about pollution they’d do what they do in France, especially Paris where they outright ban cars over a certain age and then also only allow odd number registrations on one day then even number on the next. Allowing you in if you pay a fee is just a money grab.

Conor:

robroy:
Still under no illusions that it has any [zb] thing whatsoever to do with clean air , pollution or anything like that in reality,. but EVERYthing to do with money,.as with everything else in the good old UK…

First thought when I saw it. If it was really about pollution they’d do what they do in France, especially Paris where they outright ban cars over a certain age and then also only allow odd number registrations on one day then even number on the next. Allowing you
in if you pay a fee is just a money grab.

Totally agree it’s all about money.Nothing to do with saving the environment hence why there planning to bring in road tax on electric cars now.

Conor:

robroy:

First thought when I saw it. If it was really about pollution they’d do what they do in France, especially Paris where they outright ban cars over a certain age and then also only allow odd number registrations on one day then even number on the next. Allowing you in if you pay a fee is just a money grab.

So all they have to do, is buy two cars. One with an even and one with an odd digit reg :bulb:

edd1974:

Conor:

robroy:

First thought when I saw it. If it was really about pollution they’d do what they do in France, especially Paris where they outright ban cars over a certain age and then also only allow odd number registrations on one day then even number on the next. Allowing you
in if you pay a fee is just a money grab.

Totally agree it’s all about money.Nothing to do with saving the environment hence why there planning to bring in road tax on electric cars now.

This is totally wrong too, it effect people who can least afford to upgrade their cars, people who have motor caravans and these with hobby cars who who do little mileage.

I also find it hard to believe a new Ferrari, Bentley or Range Rover is less pouting than a older fiesta for example.

But here in the UK we have labour politicians who are appealing to the left middle class

If it was really about pollution…
The tax on road fuel would be (at least) equally applied to avgas and avtur.

Maybe they should tax the people who arrived on private jets at Cop 28

However, over in Bath, with the Cleveland Bridge in Bath re-opened for up to 18 tonners (this effectively connects the A46 and A36), the nimbies are still trying to oust larger lorries off their roads:- bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w … e-63708931

Even if you’re Euro VI!.

They’re proposing slapping a £50 daily charge on euro VI HGV’s over 12 tons now & rolling out 20mph speed limits outside of Bath CAZ’s on main roads that carry through traffic. trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5&t=168159

Sheffield are next up with them rolling out their CAZ on Monday the 27th February 2023 airqualitynews.com/2022/11/22/s … ne-launch/

I’d settle for a “Clean Bristol” zone.

Admittedly there are some nice things about the place, and I can vouch from personal experience last week that the Royal Infirmary delivers excellent service and healthcare, as do the local ambulance crews.

But the view as you enter the city via the M32 always looks so scruffy. I know Bristol has a proud tradition of non-conformity, but so much of the graffiti is just a mess, there are road signs there which have been “tagged” for years and are virtually illegible. It just looks a dump.