A Heads Up If You Go Into Bradford Regularly

Great time for Bradford City Council to be doing this i think not

Bradford Clean Air Zone to begin next Monday: Following a series of delays into inner city emission policies, the Bradford CAZ is now set to go ahead on Monday (26 September).
Read more on Roadway Live:

Ooh look they’re applying charges.
Anybody would think it’s all to do with making money and in reality they didn’t give a flying ■■■■ about emissions and clean air …surely not.

RIPPER:

Bradford Clean Air Zone to begin next Monday: Following a series of delays into inner city emission policies, the Bradford CAZ is now set to go ahead on Monday (26 September).
Bradford Clean Air Zone to begin next Monday

only as matter of time till our tins of beans cost more, soon all the towns and city’s will be on the gravy train. milking our already shrinking wallets,Manchester where i live is under review but the signs are all set out

keepthefaith:

RIPPER:

Bradford Clean Air Zone to begin next Monday

only as matter of time till our tins of beans cost more, soon all the towns and city’s will be on the gravy train. milking our already shrinking wallets,Manchester where i live is under review but the signs are all set out

Your right I will be adding the extra cost incurred for the privilege of breathing in the ■■■■■■■ air .

From RHA website
Greater Manchester want to implement an “investment-led non-charging Clean Air Zone” that avoids punitive charges on non-compliant vehicles.

Whatever that means :unamused:

RIPPER:
From RHA website
Greater Manchester want to implement an “investment-led non-charging Clean Air Zone” that avoids punitive charges on non-compliant vehicles.

It means that they planned on putting one in place that was supposed to have come into effect months ago but the private hire minicab taxi drivers kicked off like hell because they’re all running around in 10,20 year old Toyotas and Nissans and couldn’t afford to replace them. And being mostly from certain ethnic minority groups that Andy Burnham relies on to vote him back into office he couldn’t afford to upset them. So it has basically got canned.

I suspect the Bradford one won’t last overly long either for similar reasons.

I’ve been to Bradford. I spent a fortnight there one day. I reckon that the aroma of unburned diesel will actually improve the smell.

We asked about this and the Manchester one at work as we are in and out of both every day. We’ve been told that if you have a euro5 or newer engine the charges don’t apply…I could be wrong though

fatboystu1:
We asked about this and the Manchester one at work as we are in and out of both every day. We’ve been told that if you have a euro5 or newer engine the charges don’t apply…I could be wrong though

According to the council website it’s Euro 6. Anything below gets charged

Conor:

RIPPER:
From RHA website

It means that they planned on putting one in place that was supposed to have come into effect months ago but the private hire minicab taxi drivers kicked off like hell because they’re all running around in 10,20 year old Toyotas and Nissans and couldn’t afford to replace them. And being mostly from certain ethnic minority groups that Andy Burnham relies on to vote him back into office he couldn’t afford to upset them. So it has basically got canned.

Lol. Enjoy seeing the old R reg Corollas bombing it down the inside lane at 40mph cause they’re really not fit for the road.

md1987:

Conor:

RIPPER:
From RHA website

Lol. Enjoy seeing the old R reg Corollas bombing it down the inside lane at 40mph cause they’re really not fit for the road.

Hey, I had an old R reg Corolla a few months ago. Had to sell it due to not having space to keep it but it was a great motor :stuck_out_tongue:. Very reliable, if a little boring to drive.

As for the ‘Clean air zone’. I am not a fan of these localized CAZ/LEZs etc. Mainly because it is hard to truckers to know where they all are. I think Birmingham is planning one as well right? Or they may already have one idk.
It would be far better just to require all trucks nationally to meet a certain standard like Euro 4 or Euro 5. And let haulers go through the hassle of sorting out exemptions for when they may need to use older vehicles.

It’s just a complete money making scheme. In my area they are talking about doing the same. Yet, if you look at the local buses a lot of them are still on like 2003 plates and they billow out black smoke lol.

From what I’ve read there are a few CAZ’s that the Grace period ends this year.

Bradford will start charging on 26 September 2022.

Bristol will start charging on 28 November 2022.

Greater Manchester (under review).

Sheffield will start charging in early 2023.

Tyneside (Newcastle and Gateshead) will start charging in winter: late 2022 to early 2023.

More cities will implement clean air zones in 2022.

What an excellent reason to avoid the UK capital of uninsured drivers :smiley:

If go online but your reg in it lists zones and what charges are.
I drive a diesel astra as screen shot shows.
I go to Bristol or Birmingham I have to pay. Other areas it’s free.

Obviously each city has its own criteria.

Be to easy to have uniformed system of emmisions and zone
Every area is different.will be a nightmare to keep up if you ran a big mixed fleet of Vans trucks.
going into all the zones working out which ones you pay or don’t pay

edd1974:
If go online but your reg in it lists zones and what charges are.
I drive a diesel astra as screen shot shows.
I go to Bristol or Birmingham I have to pay. Other areas it’s free.

Obviously each city has its own criteria.

Be to easy to have uniformed system of emmisions and zone
Every area is different.will be a nightmare to keep up if you ran a big mixed fleet of Vans trucks.
going into all the zones working out which ones you pay or don’t pay

Correct. All as intended. Fines are even more profitable than the fees.

Put my old ERF ‘C’ Series Gardner 6LXCT 230 turbo engined tractor unit Reg No CNV 129X in the search. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gotta love my 4.2 litre supercharged petrol car :smiley:
Makes a mockery of it really

moomooland:
Put my old ERF ‘C’ Series Gardner 6LXCT 230 turbo engined tractor unit Reg No CNV 129X in the search. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s because it’s too new :laughing: