M25 emission laws

Hello, we are based in Sheffield & we have a delivery to make just inside the M25 emission zone & our truck deos not meet the emission standards what are the options please?

Has Mark checked to see if it is in or out as it’s a funny boundary ,I thought you had some euro 4 ? If so not a problem ,but there’s the safer lorry zone too , if not euro 4 just go on the tfl website a cough up .

Follow the links from this page where you can check the truck. Then follow through to the “options” link and on there it has a link to pre paying.

£200 a day for non Euro 4 trucks.

tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone

Personally I’d sub it and let someone else worry about driving in London. :slight_smile:

Punchy Dan:
Has Mark checked to see if it is in or out as it’s a funny boundary ,I thought you had some euro 4 ? If so not a problem ,but there’s the safer lorry zone too , if not euro 4 just go on the tfl website a cough up .

There is a post code checker on this page.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-em … tcmp=40405

Hang on, let’s see if I got this right.

You can still drive into London’s clean air zone in a “polluting” vehicle, but only if you pay a ridiculous amount.

So, does this 200 quid miraculously make your pollution disappear or is it put towards London’s air scrubbers/oxygen machines?

I’m guessing it disappears into the coffers to be squandered on whatever vanity project interests them this week.

Climate change my arse!

Nite Owl:

You can still drive into London’s clean air zone in a “polluting” vehicle, but only if you pay a ridiculous amount.

So, does this 200 quid miraculously make your pollution disappear or is it put towards London’s air scrubbers/oxygen machines?

I’m guessing it disappears into the coffers to be squandered on whatever vanity project interests them this week.

Climate change my arse!

Yep, that’s about it.
Are you seriously telling me you actually believe that they give a ■■■■ about pollution and air quality?..or whatever else for that matter.
It’s just yet another official money making racket under the guise of a honourable agenda, just like every ■■■■ thing else in this country.
‘‘Road safety’’ purges, weight and load security checks, and driver’s cpc to name a few more.

Let’s look like we’re doing some good, and think of the fortune we’ll make at the same time. :bulb:

That’s one way of looking at it.

Another way is that there’s now an economic incentive for investing in new trucks with cleaner exhausts to take into London.

Good for London, less so for the rest of the country, as many national fleets now put all their new trucks into London and have cascaded the older ones out to the provinces. And trucks are by no means the only source of air pollution in London.

alf1956:
Hello, we are based in Sheffield & we have a delivery to make just inside the M25 emission zone & our truck deos not meet the emission standards what are the options please?

Hire a compliant truck and pass the cost to the customer or pay the charge and pass the cost to the customer.

Encourage them to complain to TfL.

Or, just bite the bullet and buy new trucks because…wait for it…

airqualitynews.com/2019/07/02/s … sultation/

If any of these councils were serious about air quality the first thing they’d do would be sort out the traffic lights so you don’t keep stopping and starting.

Here’s a clue there is no such thing as an ‘‘M25’’ emissions zone.

Nite Owl:

Climate change my arse!

were told its not a tax on the motorist. and its coming to a city near you soon.

legally you could drive your high polluting truck to say 100m of the zone. do your delivery turn round and you wont get charged.
but what about all the fumes coming out your exhaust. obviously they don’t travel in the wind .
and the law /charge also applies to motorbikes over a certain age as well.
yet there lot cleaner than a car and reduce congestion but you still penalised.

but its ok as by following the rules the millionaires living in Chelsea and Knightsbridge etc can breath in fresh clean unpolluted air
while the rest of us choke to death of the fumes coming from there chelsea tractors
. seems fair to me :slight_smile:

Carryfast:

Why is that? is it named something different ?

Carryfast:

Low emission zone

Not enough profit in the job to pay a sub contractor do the job as it would be an arm & a leg to send it to Uxbridge from Sheffield but theres enough profit in the job to stand the £200 charge so maybe that’s they solution

alf1956:

Carryfast:

Low emission zone

Yes but it has nothing to do with being inside the M25.You can drive miles between numerous places within the M25 without even being in London let alone the Low Emissions zone.

You might want to consider getting a newer truck given that even Euro 6 has been out half a decade and a pre-Euro 4 would be at least 15 years old. The London LEZ is only the start, Birmingham and several other major cities including Leeds have indicated they intend to roll out LEZs too.

Do the Brudders with their travelling fairground tractors that are over 40 years old - pay the “charge”■■

Winseer:
Do the Brudders with their travelling fairground tractors that are over 40 years old - pay the “charge”■■

Err…this is what it says, but it doesn’t seem very clear

Some showman’s vehicles are eligible for a 100% discount from the ULEZ daily charge if they are registered to a person following the business of a travelling showman and have been modified or specially constructed. Trailers and semi-trailers which have been modified or specially constructed are not eligible for the 100% discount.

For a vehicle to be eligible for the discount, modifications or special constructions for the purpose of the show must be either:

Used during the performance, or
Used for the purpose of providing the performance, or
Used for carrying performance equipment, or
Used for displaying animals to the public, or
Below the chassis level, such that it isn’t possible to fit emission abatement equipment

I’d just add £200 quid to the delivery charge myself, alternatives are sub it out at less than your doing it for, or like many hauliers just jump to attention every time a new rule is thought up and absorb the cost yourselves

‘Not enough profit in the job…’ Then don’t DO the ■■■■■■■ job.