Bradford clean airzone help

Basically went to Leeds Bradford airport earlier. Went up m 606 to end did a right followed ring road round.
Does anyone know if entered clean air zone.
As saw signs saying clean airzone. Yet looking at what maps could see online hard to tell really

Yes the ring road is in it ,also the signs are up in Newcastle but it’s not live until spring time .

Interactive map:
cbmdc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/weba … 10129b15c3

First part of route you took:

Green area is part of CAZ.

ScaniaUltimate:
Interactive map:
cbmdc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/weba … 10129b15c3

First part of route you took:

Green area is part of CAZ.

What a bunch of ripping off idiots
Noticed the zone covers the ring road just about.
I thought it would of started as soon as you turn off it …

So basically anyone that wants bypass Bradford by using ring road has to pay

I’d not worry , I used to sit at London gateway ( I know London ) until 7 , if going from esl Dagenham into central London I’d not leave until 6.30 , then they’d send me in at 3/4/5 for drops , me saying I’d not pay any fines , I never got anything , I even went down weight limit roads with time limits on them and have never heard anything , makes you wonder why I sat at l/ gateway for hour waiting for 7 am
I know it a clean air zone / Bradford , but if my experience of London is anything to go by I’d be surprised if you ever hear anything
Christ I went through a bus lane ( camera) road in Newcastle months & months ago & have heard nothing
Maybe I’m just lucky !!!’

If a truck is euro 6 there is no penalty.

These clean air zones, most cars are not charged. Just put your reg in the govt website for clean air zones, car or truck and it will tell you the charges in all the cities.

gov.uk/clean-air-zones

Yes checked that and was in an old truck for day and says do have to pay the charge for Bradford.
But have a few points.
I’m 99% certain I entered the zone. As looking on maps zone covers the ring road which is a con really.
Ill.tell.company later today as was nobody about last night when got back.
Remember ages ago someone emetred a zone someware possibly London. company phoned up the number said look one.oir trucks possibly entered the zone…can you tell us if they did and.if so can we. pay.
All they got told was we can’t give out details despite giving reg offering send copy log book etc.
Told us have take a chance pay now or wait and see if get a fine though the post.
So they paid it as was cheaper.and still don’t know if driver entered the zone could of paid for something wasn’t entitled to

Not against these zones as things need be done to stop emmisions etc.
But they need be better advertised and planned out. And.mot used for making money.
Putting them on the ring road is cheeky and wrong.

My final question then coming from Manchester who on earth do I get to Leeds/ Bradford airport avoiding it? Incase go again. As I can’t seem to see an alternative route really except going miles out the way towards Leeds n up over and back on myself

Don’t worry about it, let the boss pay the charges

Bit of a long way round, but if you come off at M62 J28 and head towards Leeds and use the Leeds outer ring road, it will take you to airport eventually :smiley:

Just pees me.off. don’t want go to Bradford going to the airport. Yet only way is via the stupid clean air zone charge.
Bet they make a fortune from people travelling to the airport who have no choice.
And bet they make even more from fines.
As guessing anyone going the airport the last thing on there mind is to pay the charge.
And come.home from a nice holiday to find a non payment penalty waiting for you.
And they reckon the zones are to clear the air not to make money.
Sorry for the rant about this.

weeto:
If a truck is euro 6 there is no penalty.

This ∆

edd1974:
Basically went to Leeds Bradford airport earlier. Went up m 606 to end did a right followed ring road round.
Does anyone know if entered clean air zone.
As saw signs saying clean airzone. Yet looking at what maps could see online hard to tell really

You have 6 days to pay the charge we got one for £50

dozy:
I’d not worry , I used to sit at London gateway ( I know London ) until 7 , if going from esl Dagenham into central London I’d not leave until 6.30 , then they’d send me in at 3/4/5 for drops , me saying I’d not pay any fines , I never got anything , I even went down weight limit roads with time limits on them and have never heard anything , makes you wonder why I sat at l/ gateway for hour waiting for 7 am
I know it a clean air zone / Bradford , but if my experience of London is anything to go by I’d be surprised if you ever hear anything
Christ I went through a bus lane ( camera) road in Newcastle months & months ago & have heard nothing
Maybe I’m just lucky !!!’

A lot of bus lanes in Newcastle allow for 7.5T+ vehicles

Still makes me laugh that the towns and governments can apparently make the air quality cleaner and the world a better place by having us pay more in taxes and charging people to drive in or through a town or city :unamused:

Does the “dirty air” know it can’t enter these holy grounds now :laughing:

In Bradford it is definitely about the money.
If it was about the air quality then they would permanently time the traffic lights to allow smooth traffic flow. They do this during peak traffic times then change the timing outside peak times to cause start-stop traffic flow.

Although private cars do not pay the charge now, they will do eventually (despite claims they will never charge private cars).
This can be seen because if you have a private van (such as a motorhome) you do not pay the charge; however if you sell the vehicle then the new owner will have to pay the charge.

It is the classic divide & conquer technique & it will affect every vehicle eventually.

As others have said - ability to pay always allows access to pollute; more proof of it being about the money not the environment.

Bradford …clean air zone…thought it was April fools day ■■