12v socket on Mercedes

Hi everyone, I have recently been driving a 2011 Mercedes Axor and I can’t find a 12v socket. I have only found 2 24v sockets in the lorry but no 12v.Does anyone know where they are or it just doesn’t exist in this version?
Thanks

All the sockets in the axor are marked as 24v, but there should be a switch for 12v somewhere on the dashboard. That changes one of them from 24v to 12v, but can’t remember which one :slight_smile:

If your looking to charge a device via a USB charger which I assume you are, then any decent quality charger will run both voltages I use Belkin myself on 24v with no issues.

Much as above. USB chargers are available with voltage display.
ebay.co.uk/itm/3-1A-Dual-US … 635-2958-0
I’m not particularly recommending that one, just an example.

It’s a bad design, recipe for dead smartphones.

foresttrucker:

Why? Because 24 volts will fry it? Maybe I shouldn’t plug mine into the 240 volt at home then?

the maoster:

foresttrucker:

Why? Because 24 volts will fry it? Maybe I shouldn’t plug mine into the 240 volt at home then?

Plugging my iPhone in my Scania 24v ain’t done it any harm , nor did it in my MAN

The only time I’ve had problems is with the cheap tat, get a decent branded charger and you won’t have any problems using 24v.

Simply plugs into 24v cigarette lighter socket. With ON/OFF switch on the cigarette lighter.
Gives you two 12v outputs (2 x 4 Amps). Input: 24v DC (Max. 30v).
Output: 12.5v DC. Total Max: 8A (96 Watts). Fuse: 8 Amps.
Overload protection. Cooling Fan. Mounting bracket included.
Ideal For 24v Trucks, Lorries, Buses etc…

amazon.co.uk/Voltage-Droppe … ACP0&psc=1

Must be a Mercedes thing. The one i drive has 3 24v sockets but no 12v. Wanted to run a 12v cool box , so i bought one of those cheap plug in voltage droppers but the jack plug melted. Fair play to the company i drive for, they paid for a dropper to be fitted by the local main dealer making one of the outputs 12v