Merc Axor 12v dropper

Hey guys n gals I’m looking for some advice from someone with a more technial brain than me :confused:

I was gonna buy a 12v dropper as both my power outlets in the cab are 24v. But whilst been nosey when in the workshop I noticed that under the dash is a mercedes factory fitted 10amp dropper. I got the mechanic to test it and it is live with 2 sets of wires coming off it giving out 12v.
Now, my questions are…
1; What are these 12v wires powering?
2; Can I splice into 1 of these wires so I can have my own 12v supply in the cab?

I did ask the mechanic to do it but as we use an independant garage he didnt wanna touch it even tho he was offered several beers :laughing:

So what are your thoughts on this cos it could save me handing over loads of wonga to Mr Maplins

Cheers

Jase

Click me.

Yeah yeah yeah that was before I found out about the dropper under the dash smart arse. If u aint got owt constructive to add, the go back to scratching ur nads fella :wink:

I had a simular problem in a new premium,only a 24v socket fitted,i bought a new ciggy socket fitting in a truck suppliers and the mechanic put an inline dropper in from the 24v supply and fitted the 2nd socket nearby neatly to give me 12v,now i have both and working well,what you could do is leave 1x24v supply alone and wire your 12v wiring into the 2nd supply to leave you with 1 of each also,should be easy enough to do as 12v wiring and a socket is there,unless the socket themselves are specifically for a certian supply,then you will need a 12v socket to take your 12v supply,but i would imagine the 12v supply will run through the socket currently powering 24v ok,rather than the other way round if anything.

I also recently bought a plug into ciggy socket 12v 150w inverter(£25) in Maplin,they also have a 24v 300w one(£45),apparantly this is the biggest you can run through a ciggy lighter any bigger must go direct to the battery,handy for running the laptop and small divices,i was going to go bigger,(alot more expensive)but i havent got a big cab and ive always manages with the facilites i have for 1 or 2 nights away a week.

Isnt there a switch on the dash that says 12V ? I know there is in the actros we’ve got.

Mash:
Isnt there a switch on the dash that says 12V ? I know there is in the actros we’ve got.

No mate there aint :frowning:

kirky7:
Hey guys n gals I’m looking for some advice from someone with a more technial brain than me :confused:

I was gonna buy a 12v dropper as both my power outlets in the cab are 24v. But whilst been nosey when in the workshop I noticed that under the dash is a mercedes factory fitted 10amp dropper. I got the mechanic to test it and it is live with 2 sets of wires coming off it giving out 12v.
Now, my questions are…
1; What are these 12v wires powering?
2; Can I splice into 1 of these wires so I can have my own 12v supply in the cab?

I did ask the mechanic to do it but as we use an independant garage he didnt wanna touch it even tho he was offered several beers :laughing:

So what are your thoughts on this cos it could save me handing over loads of wonga to Mr Maplins

Cheers

Jase

Just a point, did you actually check the voltage on the two plugs, in the Actros one is 12v, the other 24v, if its not a new truck one of yours may have a wrongly labelled cover on. Another explanation if its a used truck is it may be a dropper for a non original radio.

How old is the Axor?