Phone Charging In A New Mercedes Tractor Unit

Can anyone advise me. I’m taking delivery of a brand new Mercedes tractor unit this week and I’ve now been told that all the power sockets are 24v.

If this is true, Is there anyway I can charge my I phone on the move?

Cheers

12v socket on passenger side of the cup holder part of dash on our 17 plates all the others are 24v. Although most decent phone chargers will happily run off either 12 or 24 volt.

Stupid place to stick a 12v socket unless you happen to look on the side from the passenger side you would probably never know it was there.

Phones will charge 12 or 24v with no problems.even my iPad will charge 24v there intelligent and work fine

Cheers Fellas I knew there’d be a simple answer

2, 12 volt and 2 ,24 volt on my 65 plate but it doesn’t matter which you use.

As others have said 24 and 12v charging points.
However I never had a problem charging a phone on a 24v power point until I plugged it into the latest Merc Actros, got a Nokia (Microsoft) phone and stopped charging, got another one and next time I drove a merc it did the same.
So I always charge the phone on a 12v one now, but the Ipad is okay on the 24v.
Other phones are probably ok, but just be aware, if you have a Nokia Lumia it might not be a good idea, or it’s just the ones I had.

No problems with either the works smug son or my iPhone in any of the sockets

simcor:
Stupid place to stick a 12v socket unless you happen to look on the side from the passenger side you would probably never know it was there.

The rest of Europe would disagree, it’s in the correct place for 95% of the units made by Mercedes

RIPPER:

simcor:

The rest of Europe would disagree, it’s in the correct place for 95% of the units made by Mercedes

It’s on the passenger side in a LHD one as well. :wink:

muckles:

RIPPER:

simcor:

Haha…ok…i stand corrected :laughing:

Warning - not every phone charger will work in a 24 volt socket . Some won’t like it and emit a small puff of smoke as they die . Make sure you can safely use your phone / i pad etc etc charger in a 24 volt socket . If your not sure then something like this will keep you charged and in contact.
http://www.halfords.com/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/universal-charging/halfords-quad-usb-car-charger
other online retailers are available but I do have one of these and can recomend it .
Also a 3 port version as well -
http://www.halfords.com/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/multisockets/halfords-premium-triple-usb-charger

RIPPER:

muckles:

RIPPER:

simcor:

Haha…ok…i stand corrected :laughing:

Said the man in the orthopedic shoes lol

I’ve got one of these 3 way jobbies that do the trick, got through loads of double socket ones but kept burning them out trying to shove to much stuff in.
Check the amps for safety etc…
Also has a couple of USB slits which come in handy.

Other types of 3 way are of course available…

[What… This is as clean as I get :wink: ]

I don’t know the lay out of the new Mercedes cab but before you chuck your night out gear in it , have a look inside the cab for extra charge points.
In the new Scania S series, there is a charge point behind the drivers seat in front of the bottom bunk front fascia panel plus USB all over the cab.

Dipper_Dave:
I’ve got one of these 3 way jobbies that do the trick, got through loads of double socket ones but kept burning them out trying to shove to much stuff in.

Hang on Dave ,
You bought a 3 way jobbies because you were over loading the double socket ones … makes sense :unamused:

nick2008:

Dipper_Dave:

Hang on Dave ,
You bought a 3 way jobbies because you were over loading the double socket ones … makes sense :unamused:

Yeah that makes no sense at all.
Used to have twin usb socket things like these below forever burning out but found the 3 way was much better.
Use one usb socket for phone, one ciggy socket for dash cam and other USB for tablet.

2 spare sockets for any other devices.

Got to watch amp rating though as I can’t plug me kettle into the 3 way.

Oh these things did my head in, possibly buying a cheap brand. Others maybe better.

Smiffy123:
Can anyone advise me. I’m taking delivery of a brand new Mercedes tractor unit this week and I’ve now been told that all the power sockets are 24v.

If this is true, Is there anyway I can charge my I phone on the move?

Cheers

Our 66 plates have
1x24v on the dash facing the driver 15 amp
1x24v on the dash pointing to the passenger
On the hump between the passenger and driver
Facing the passenger top to bottom
12v socket on top
24v socket below.

Now according to the handbook for new trucks there is a switch that turns from 24v to 12v

www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-tr … base.shtml