12/24 volt plugs

I’ve got two auxilary power sockets in my Man lorry, one is 12v the other is 24v but there not the ordinary cigarete lighter size their smaller, anyone know what the plugs for these sockets are called and where I can get them from.

Thanks

Hella plugs. Pretty much any car accessories shop should stock them - even Halfrauds

and truckstop shops such as poplars at lymm

its inside the ashtray, last time i drove a man thats were it was

Plugster:

Am sure i read on here somewhere that the cigarette lighter in the MAN is 24v, so be careful what you plug into it.

Some petrol stations on the services have them too. Hella sockets seem to be permanently live on most motors too. They’re mega cheap on eBay if you can’t find one in a shop.

NOVE:
Some petrol stations on the services have them too. Hella sockets seem to be permanently live on most motors too. They’re mega cheap on eBay if you can’t find one in a shop.

I’ve bunged one on the end of a 12v 4 way ■■■ lighter socket. Sorts out out everything I need power wise, and keeps my satnav topped up, on the rare occasions I use it these days. Got sick of it going flat when I forget to turn it off after landing at a drop. Meaning that I have to wait for it to reboot, load up all it’s maps, and switch off the crap voice all the time

madmackem:

Plugster:

Am sure i read on here somewhere that the cigarette lighter in the MAN is 24v, so be careful what you plug into it.

Yep, drive a MAN and cigarette lighter is defineately 24V.

I got mine from Maplins.
24v hella plug with a twin socket so you can run 2 chargers at the same time. I believe it was £9.99.

i may be wrong but i think hella sockets are take higher voltage and there deff tighter more secure in the socket

My old MAN had a two hella sockets. One for 24v one for 12v. Unless you mean current (amps)

El Deano:

madmackem:

Plugster:

Yep, drive a MAN and cigarette lighter is defineately 24V.

in the man the 12 v hella socket is on the passenger side near the footwell

Just noticed that our new DAF Units have a USB Port and a jack plug as standard.
Hows that for progress?