Parking ticket on your own drive

Ok…

I know it’s the Mirror but, the council is acting like a complete pedant.

msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/f … d=msedgntp

Technically the council is correct by issuing tickets but it’s no way to treat your local population. I reckon the council will lose more clearing up the damage from horse ■■■ being dumped in their office foyer than they will get in fines.

yourhavingalarf:
Ok…

Technically the council is correct by issuing tickets but it’s no way to treat your local population. I reckon the council will lose more clearing up the damage from horse ■■■ being dumped in their office foyer than they will get in fines.

Technicality it might be but no dropped kerb you are driving on a public footpath and that is illegal

Probably cars overhanging the pavement, its a big no no in most London Boroughs as a high number of lorry drivers have found out if even an inch of tyre is imposed on the path when parked up.
Got to get the revenues in from someone, might as well be the evil motorist, dropped kerb or not hundreds of thousands of off street parking where people have concreted over small frontages the modern car is too long to fit.
Live and let live is history.

This sort of thing coming to all of us in due course as they do their best to make it increasingly difficult/expensive for working class people to own their own private cars, it isn’t the case they’re trying to force us into electric cars either, the working classes arn’t part of the wonderful green utopia they have planned but haven’t twigged it yet, you won’t find actions like this in well heeled parts of the home counties commuter belts where our betters reside in walled gated exclusivity.

yourhavingalarf:
Ok…

That is not the Daily Mirror .That a page thats looks like the mirror they do a lot of SCAM adverts .

One of our plant operators saw a warden putting a ticket on his car outside his house in Southend so he went out and challenged her. It was because the rear of the car was overhanging the path.

Apparently she was quite a large lump and Pat said well your arse needs a ticket then as it’s overhanging the path. He got a visit from the police shortly afterwards and done for harrassment :smiley: :smiley: