Parking tickets and companies

my company , a beer and soft drinks distributor ,abt 12 lorries WILL NOT PAY PARKING FINES but expect you too make deliveries WHATEVER in last 3 weeks i have 3 tickets and HAVE been told it will come out my wages at end of month ,told them too go forth if this happens ITS REALLY WINDING ME UP NOW especially when vehicle next too me etc gets a ticket and says oh well we dont pay em , any one have any legal views etc or just views :question:

Personally, just my two penceworth but I’d let em take the money out of your wages.

THEN, I’d nip into a solicitors office and discuss taking them to court for making an illegal deduction from wages. I’m pretty sure they can’t do this sort of thing without your WRITTEN consent.

Just my opinion, but if any of the above is wrong I’m sure someone will be along to correct me.

Multi Dropper:
Personally, just my two penceworth but I’d let em take the money out of your wages.

THEN, I’d nip into a solicitors office and discuss taking them to court for making an illegal deduction from wages. I’m pretty sure they can’t do this sort of thing without your WRITTEN consent.

Just my opinion, but if any of the above is wrong I’m sure someone will be along to correct me.

Agreed, but i would check the small print on your contract first incase there is a clause allowing them to do this that you “agreed” to by signing the contract

Are you in a Union ? Disputes like this, are one reason i continue to belong to U.R.T.U … FREE access to legal advice … OK i know it’s not totally free, 'cos you’ve paid your membership. :slight_smile:
Always Citizens Advice.
BUT, i think i am correct that unless you have agreed IN WRITING … this is unlawful deduction

i used to do agency work, quite a few years ago, where we went to a store in London on a red route, well, every time we went there, the traffic warden was waiting for us and gave us a ticket, the store owner even used to invite him in for a coffee in a morning while he waited for us, at that time, the company paid all the tickets, no problems.

after a while, a certain large, multi national truck rental/contract hire/transport solutions company took over the transport side, all the drivers were moved over to the new company and had to play by their rules, one of which was, if the driver gets a parking ticket, the driver pays :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

they had a big surprise coming, all the drivers refused to do this store delivery because they knew they would have to pay the ticket themselves!!!

eventually, the new transport side of the company decided to pay parking tickets if there was a valid excuse, such as delivering to a store :smiley:

refuse to do the delivery mate, it worked for us! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this company doesnt run from kinross by any chance?

Other than red light tickets, bus lane tickets, yellow box junction tickets, speeding tickets and tickets given nowhere near the point of delivery, my employer pays all other tickets.

How can you expect a driver who is told to deliver somewhere to pick up the fine? Refuse to do the delivery.

shuttlespanker:
refuse to do the delivery mate, it worked for us!

Best answer yet :smiley:

Phone boss - this delivery will get a parking ticket - if you agree to pay the fine then it gets delivered - if not, it will not get delivered - puts the decision in the hands of the boss.

ROG:

shuttlespanker:
refuse to do the delivery mate, it worked for us!

Best answer yet :smiley:

Phone boss - this delivery will get a parking ticket - if you agree to pay the fine then it gets delivered - if not, it will not get delivered - puts the decision in the hands of the boss.

This is exactly what we are instructed to do by the office. If we don’t phone in, we pay the ticket,quite reasonable.
I simply call for ‘ticket protection’ on this drop. If it’s not granted, no tip! Simple.