A word of warning

I was helping a foreign lad pay for his parking tonight , he put 2x£10 in ok, £5 in change but £1 must of got stuck so only registered £24 , he pushed the refund button and got £5 back in change and a ticket telling him to ring xxxxxxx to get his £20 back , poor bloke he thought the ticket he got to ring for a refund was his parking ticket :astonished: , another driver took him off to try and find security bod ,
If your using the pay machines in Lorry park I’d use your card
P/bro this was but think a few other have similar , baldock being one

£25 for parking?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is that a secure park, with razor fence and security patrol, and full and clean facilities for drivers?

Or a ■■■■ stained free for all, with disclaimer signs that all vehicles are parked at own risk?

the nodding donkey:

Is that a secure park, with razor fence and security patrol, and full and clean facilities for drivers?

Or a ■■■■ stained free for all, with disclaimer signs that all vehicles are parked at own risk?

That’s cheap for services :smiley: Clacket Lane on the M25 is about £29 now you get a lovely view of the services and back doors of other trucks, whilst being able to breath in the lovely scented tones of stale ■■■■ and waken the next morning to someone helping you out on your gross weight by nicking some of your load :laughing:

the nodding donkey:

Or a ■■■■ stained free for all, with disclaimer signs that all vehicles are parked at own risk?[/quote
The post was to make those aware who maybe haven’t used those types of machines that they only refund coins by the look of it not notes , you have to ring to get any money paid in notes

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

the nodding donkey:

That’s cheap for services :smiley: Clacket Lane on the M25 is about £29 now you get a lovely view of the services and back doors of other trucks, whilst being able to breath in the lovely scented tones of stale ■■■■ and waken the next morning to someone helping you out on your gross weight by nicking some of your load :laughing:

P/bro in my opinion isn’t bad , but anywhere that’s got a shower is OK by me , I’m past the stage of bollock naked and wet wipes which is mostly the case as I end up in lay-bys 90% of the time .
But yea I do know what you mean

You don’t even get a meal voucher for your £25 there…robbing gets :grimacing:

dozy:
a foreign lad pay for his parking

Mmmmm … That’ll be a 1st

peirre:

dozy:
a foreign lad pay for his parking

Mmmmm … That’ll be a 1st

Tbf I’ve seen plenty of foreign drivers pay for parking. Often with a confuzzled look on their face as they try to work the machines at Peterborough, Cambridge, Baldock etc.

Last Sunday night on the way back from Chepstow, I pulled in to Leigh Delamere for a 15… FF to Monday night, I looked at the defect book to see if the day driver had left anything for me to sort out (he doesn’t have time to change a blown bulb) and noticed a defect that the trailer number plate was missing. I know it was there when I left Chepstow as I’d jet washed the rear lights off… Got me thinking that it’s been swiped and my lot are about to get a £120 ticket that an overseas driver has racked up on my plate for his overnight stay!

I lost my rear plate once by reversing into a pile of greenery (trees, hedges, grass etc) recycling. The plate was there when I opened the back doors but must of come off when reversing deep into the pile to keep things neat. It meant once i had tipped 25ton of green waste that I was carrying onto the pile and pulled forward the plate was gone :laughing:

Think this is one reason I’d never ever pay by cash in a machine, can’t even get a parking meter for car to work right at times! So card only if I have to pay.

If it doesn’t give receipts not bothered, firm only has to refuse once to pay back and it’ll never be my money ever again up front!

That said they are very fair at mo with no receipt stuff, still can’t figure out why tolls are receipt free if unmanned ! Annoying at times if I want a receipt bit no option whatsoever? Surely they realise LGV sometimes need receipts?

Actrosman:
Last Sunday night on the way back from Chepstow, I pulled in to Leigh Delamere for a 15… FF to Monday night, I looked at the defect book to see if the day driver had left anything for me to sort out (he doesn’t have time to change a blown bulb) and noticed a defect that the trailer number plate was missing. I know it was there when I left Chepstow as I’d jet washed the rear lights off… Got me thinking that it’s been swiped and my lot are about to get a £120 ticket that an overseas driver has racked up on my plate for his overnight stay!

Don’t the ANPR cameras scan your front Number plate going in and going out? Never really noticed.