M1 J21a accident looks bad

Not looking good. Not sure if an artic has crossed the carriageway or what from where I am. Avoid the area if you can.

Just a heads up.

Quite disgusting how many people are walking up and down the motorway to have a look and taking photos and videos. No respect at all for those involved.

Thankfully after reading latest report no fatalities which is something at least. Was a truck and 2 cars involved. 5 people treated at scene and 2 taken to hospital.

I’ve been shunting today and a Tesco driver who came in to get loaded witnessed it and gave statements etc. It appears that a subby pulling a Samworth trailer suffered a front blow out and veered across all four lanes, through the central reserve (hitting oncoming cars) and jacknifed to a stop.

Hear say obviously, but I’ve no reason to doubt him.

the maoster:
I’ve been shunting today and a Tesco driver who came in to get loaded witnessed it and gave statements etc. It appears that a subby pulling a Samworth trailer suffered a front blow out and veered across all four lanes, through the central reserve (hitting oncoming cars) and jacknifed to a stop.

Hear say obviously, but I’ve no reason to doubt him.

Well it was a Samworth’s trailer as described didn’t look that closely at the unit but yes through central res onto southbound carriageway. About 2 and half hours before they cleared the northbound carriageway and truck was still on southbound lanes. All cars involved had been removed when they let northbound trapped traffic go.

seems fridges arnt having the best of weeks tyre wise

35610BA3-B6EE-423C-B1EE-CE2DDBD7B087.jpeg

i was stuck behind the M1 smash for @ 2 hours,in my car. Leicester Mercury has said the lorry had crossed the central reservation,and over-turned :unamused: it hadn’t. glad there was no fatalaties.

carryfast-yeti:
i was stuck behind the M1 smash for @ 2 hours,in my car. Leicester Mercury has said the lorry had crossed the central reservation,and over-turned :unamused: it hadn’t. glad there was no fatalaties.

I’m led to believe one or the cars was on its roof. Think that is where the news report confusion came in. Although when they released us all the cars had been removed and just the truck was left to be recovered.

carryfast-yeti:

Did they actually say lorry or something hugely more dramatic such as “gigantic thundering juggernaut”

toonsy:

carryfast-yeti:

Did they actually say lorry or something hugely more dramatic such as “gigantic thundering juggernaut”

That’s tomorrow’s headline in the Daily mail, Along with Shortage of Chablis at Waitrose, as there’s no Truck drivers,