Unprofessional driver

I did something I shouldn’t have done. I was late starting off (fridge malfunction), last day of the work week, road of course closed - following diversion I ended up behind a rigid clearly limited to 50mph but he was for some reason driving 5-10mph below the limits on a relatively straight road…I don’t know, maybe it was his 1st time on that road and was slowing down to make sure he’s following the diversion signs, or just inexperienced driver who knows. But I got impatient and followed him a little too closely maybe. After the n-th time we passed through a 30mph village at about 23-25mph with unpredictable drops in speed I flashed him once from behind so he pulled into a side road junction to let me overtake him and honked me (once) visibly annoyed. I passed him and did the 4-way flasher to thank/apologize at the same time. It made me feel bad right after…especially since I’ve cursed countless times when the likes of Turners etc. used to do the same to me (minus the flashing)

When I’m dragging it out for the overtime I just carry on regardless.

Its a limit, not a target (somebody had to say it)

The word LIMIT ! Means that not a target

New pastures

blue estate:

New pastures

Yes and no we wernt there however if you were to drive 1hr on a test and not be progressing if it was safe to do so those minors would add up 3 minor is a major so a fail just tossing that out there too

I like looking at things from both ways however I would drive defensive and wouldn’t have a incident as I get paid by the hour il happily wait as long as it takes

TruckDriverBen:

blue estate:

New pastures

Yes and no we wernt there however if you were to drive 1hr on a test and not be progressing if it was safe to do so those minors would add up 3 minor is a major so a fail just tossing that out there too

I like looking at things from both ways however I would drive defensive and wouldn’t have a incident as I get paid by the hour il happily wait as long as it takes

Do what :confused:

ETS:
I did something I shouldn’t have done. I was late starting off (fridge malfunction), last day of the work week, road of course closed - following diversion I ended up behind a rigid clearly limited to 50mph but he was for some reason driving 5-10mph below the limits on a relatively straight road…I don’t know, maybe it was his 1st time on that road and was slowing down to make sure he’s following the diversion signs, or just inexperienced driver who knows. But I got impatient and followed him a little too closely maybe. After the n-th time we passed through a 30mph village at about 23-25mph with unpredictable drops in speed I flashed him once from behind so he pulled into a side road junction to let me overtake him and honked me (once) visibly annoyed. I passed him and did the 4-way flasher to thank/apologize at the same time. It made me feel bad right after…especially since I’ve cursed countless times when the likes of Turners etc. used to do the same to me (minus the flashing)

I’d have done the same and blitzed past the idiot as well, although there’d be no hazard light “apology” from me. These [zb] that can’t drive for [zb] shouldn’t be on the road.

DCPCFML:

ETS:
I’d have done the same and blitzed past the idiot as well, although there’d be no hazard light “apology” from me. These [zb] that can’t drive for [zb] shouldn’t be on the road.

The only time I’d do that is if I were a owner driver and needed my hours down or could squeeze another job in. Or I’m in a rush I turn into a monster in my private car nothing with livery and all sorts

we have a bonus scheme .its not in my interest (financially) to teararse everywhere .in fact the slower i go the less drops i do,less drops =less work and like the driver above ,if someone wants past i will pull to the left and let them past at the first safe place.

syramax:
we have a bonus scheme .its not in my interest (financially) to teararse everywhere .in fact the slower i go the less drops i do,less drops =less work and like the driver above ,if someone wants past i will pull to the left and let them past at the first safe place.

So just drive at normal speed then without creating a rolling roadblock and spend 30 seconds longer parked up in “safe places”. :unamused:

I can put up with someone travelling way below the posted limit, it may cause me minor irritation if I want to get on AT the limit, but it’s not the end of the world.

What does ■■■■ me right off though is following someone who’s speed varies wildly for no apparent reason; one minute they’re accelerating, the next minute they’re on the brakes. It makes me think that they are not doing the ONLY thing they should be concentrating on at the time which is driving. I wonder just what is so fascinating on social media or whatever that is taking up so much of their attention!

Genuinely not bothered about following slower traffic. Certainly not enough to get het up about it.

My personal pet hate however is following someone doing 40 in say a 50 but when it drops to a 30 they carry on doing 40.

the maoster:
I can put up with someone travelling way below the posted limit, it may cause me minor irritation if I want to get on AT the limit, but it’s not the end of the world.

What does ■■■■ me right off though is following someone who’s speed varies wildly for no apparent reason; one minute they’re accelerating, the next minute they’re on the brakes. It makes me think that they are not doing the ONLY thing they should be concentrating on at the time which is driving. I wonder just what is so fascinating on social media or whatever that is taking up so much of their attention!

[zb] eyesight. Can’t see more than 10ft so when an oncoming vehicle looms into their view they’re on the brakes [zb]ing themselves. Same reason why nearly every trucker won’t do more than 40mph through a lane closure on a motorway and any countryside night diversion route you never get above 25mph stuck behind them.

Just reading through this thread, drivers getting agitated about somebody who is …shock driving 5 mph under the limit :open_mouth: , aggressively passing and showing displeasure, others agreeing saying, I’d do this that and the other wtf? :neutral_face:
Maybe the guy was looking for a farm entrance, going a bit slower in case it was hidden and he drove past it, maybe he was lost, maybe he realised he was on the wrong road and looking for somewhere to turn around, who knows,…who cares?
So much unnecessary stress some of you put yourselves under, I just don’t get it, maybe I’m just too chilled out…with exception of being cut in on on an overtake, then the horns start sprouting, but that’s an entirely different ball game.

DCPCFML:

the maoster:

[zb] eyesight. Can’t see more than 10ft so when an oncoming vehicle looms into their view they’re on the brakes [zb]ing themselves. Same reason why nearly every trucker won’t do more than 40mph through a lane closure on a motorway and any countryside night diversion route you never get above 25mph stuck behind them.

Billy big balls there crack on and take everyones mirrors with you

At least you have a conscience about doing it, it’s more than could be said for some drivers.
I’m not a fan of flashing headlights, not a smart idea for a fully liveried truck to be flashing it’s lights at a car driver who is driving perfectly legally either.

I was on my way to work in my car and a truck from a reasonably well known local company was tailgating and flashing me on the A1M; there’s a long, straight two-lane section with chevrons and signs saying “keep two chevrons apart” and that’s just what I was doing. The daft thing was the right hand lane was quite a bit less busy so after a minute he pulled into that lane and started tailgating someone else :unamused: About 10 miles further on I pulled off the motorway and he was no further forward than he had been earlier and still tailgating someone else.

As it turned out one of the guys at work is a good friend of the TM at the company this driver works for, he said he’d pass a message on to the TM to have a quiet word with the driver, but if I’d been a regular member of the public there’s a good chance he’d have DVSA on his case for driver conduct issues.

You often see cases of slow moving traffic in all 3 lanes with these f/whits sat on some car’s back bumper in the middle lane.
The said car has absolutely nowhere to go, he can’t move back into lane 1 nor start to overtake car in lane 3, but these pricks still sit there harassing them.
They arguably may have a tenuous justification, case, reason, or at least an explanation if the car is lane hogging and can quite easily get out of the way, …but ffs,.I ain’t surprised that in general motorists have no liking nor respect for the rest of us because of these types of pricks. :unamused:

Are these guys continuosly under pressure, got an attitude problem,.a bit thick, or all 3.

robroy, they are a bit thick I think. They are also probably accelerating up to the slower moving vehicle and putting the brakes on too. Happens all the time. They are not comfortable until they are up the **** of the vehicle in front. Anything else doesn’t feel normal for them I think.

For every flash of headlights or right up my arse tailgating I receive I click the cruise down by a couple of km/h. I don’t suffer bullies in wagons when all i’m doing is what I’m paid to do and stick to speed limits. Prime example is the A9, I’m up and down there quite regularly and stick to 50mph because, 1. thats the speed limit for hgv’s, 2. I’m paid by the hour and 3. Its a nice drive so why teararse and stress about it. Main culprits are the grain wagons going up to the distillries who sit right on your arse, overtake and then blast the horn like I’m the one in the wrong only for you to catch them a few miles later because they are stuck behind a wobble box doing 40mph. I’ll also pull in and let traffic clear if there is enough traffic behind.

s3amu5:
For every flash of headlights or right up my arse tailgating I receive I click the cruise down by a couple of km/h. I don’t suffer bullies in wagons when all i’m doing is what I’m paid to do and stick to speed limits. Prime example is the A9, I’m up and down there quite regularly and stick to 50mph because, 1. thats the speed limit for hgv’s, 2. I’m paid by the hour and 3. Its a nice drive so why teararse and stress about it. Main culprits are the grain wagons going up to the distillries who sit right on your arse, overtake and then blast the horn like I’m the one in the wrong only for you to catch them a few miles later because they are stuck behind a wobble box doing 40mph. I’ll also pull in and let traffic clear if there is enough traffic behind.

:question: :question: :question: