Unprofessional driver

^^^^
The limit is 50 on the A9. It’s all part of wee Krankies megalomania! She wouldn’t raise the limit nationwide’cos the damned English had, but she allowed the A9 to become a 50 as a “trial”.

I live in the country and we have Tractors and Combine Harvesters and the like, occasionally there will be a JCB driving slower or a Post Office Van delivering letters, maybe a bus stopped to let your granny off at her front door.

Frankie said Relax

I know for some its a long time ago, but we were all newbie’s once.
For some driving slowly it might be lost, looking at map, not wanting to go home to the wife/gf or on a road they do not know or are lost.
I learnt more in my first trucking job back in 1995 than any other I have had since.

m25poacher:
For some driving slowly it might be lost, looking at map, not wanting to go home to the wife/gf or on a road they do not know or are lost.
/quote]

Agreed, also if there are learners with L plates I tend to be more forgiving however you will still get vehicle glued to your rear, more so worse if its a 44ton

TruckDriverBen:

m25poacher:
/quote]

Agreed, also if there are learners with L plates I tend to be more forgiving however you will still get vehicle glued to your rear, more so worse if its a 44ton

Yeh but one of the things asked of you as a leaerner driver of an HGV is (quote from memory) to make reasonable progress without frustrating other road users. Still not trying to excuse myself but just saying. Perfectly understandable if you’re still learning to drive but once you’ve passed the test…it’s open season :wink:

ETS:

TruckDriverBen:

m25poacher:
/quote]

Yeh but one of the things asked of you as a leaerner driver of an HGV is (quote from memory) to make reasonable progress without frustrating other road users. Still not trying to excuse myself but just saying. Perfectly understandable if you’re still learning to drive but once you’ve passed the test…it’s open season :wink:

reminds me my second day of lessons we had gone 2 mins from the yard to get petrol the rigid was marked up all over with the name of the training company and l plates on the back. the instructor had filled up and gone in to pay… this northern guy came over and banged on the window and asked if i was going to move or sit there with my head in the other guys lap ( im paraphrasing here) I just said ill move as soon as the instructor comes back with the keys. he went away looking rather sheepish.

Alot of the new rigids and sometimes even the older ones have GPS tracking, mine has this and it also has speed tracking where the boss gets an email if I go over the speed limit, which can be a pain in the arse as you have to constantly watch your speed!!!

Stephenjp:
Alot of the new rigids and sometimes even the older ones have GPS tracking, mine has this and it also has speed tracking where the boss gets an email if I go over the speed limit, which can be a pain in the arse as you have to constantly watch your speed!!!

And they wonder why nobody is entyering this industry anymore? One accidental downhill overspeed and bosh, email straight to the gaffer!

Stephenjp:

Yeah most of ours do, also the vans. Strangely enough only 2 artics have the speed cam/gps thing. Not that I’m bothered as they would never catch ME speeding I mean I wouldn’t be speeding I never do I swear. Seriously though they only capture big differences like 10% over the limit + 2mph or something.