A bit unprofessional?

Hi all,

I’m a new driver- been driving artics since April. I’m really enjoying the job and find I learn more each day and my driving confidence is ever growing.

The other day I had a drop to a store in a town center right in the middle of a residential area. I knew it would be a tight one when it said the entrance to the service yard is off a resi Street just before a 7.5t limit.

When I pulled onto the road I was faced with some knob who’d moved the cones the store put down and plonked his car right in my way.

No chance of getting by. I rang 101 to inform them an artic was stuck down a resi street due to an illegally parked car- they didn’t seem to care much.

The owner returned after approx 1 hour. I lost my temper a bit with him and gave him a right earful. After the fact I felt I behaved unprofessionally and should have held myself to a higher standard. What do you all think?

You didn’t smack him one so you aint up to the job, do an agression course on your next DCP …

Cool story bro. Would read again

You shouldn’t have done it and you KNOW you shouldn’t have done it. But at least you know you’re human.

DLetSkZ.gif

the nodding donkey:

You lack faith my pumpjack pal, not every thread on here turns into an argument.

a professional would of done a moonie at the car owner at the very least

Nothing good ever comes of engaging with them, just move on.

SuperMultiBlue:
Cool story bro. Would read again

Thanks mate, I’ll try and make the next one even longer.

DJC:
Nothing good ever comes of engaging with them, just move on.

Sense and reason in a sea of anarchy :smiley:

Its hard though. Not to engage them. :smiling_imp:

Get used to it mate. Goes with the territory unfortunately.

A very common occurrence when delivering to that London place, all I do now is stop hazards on, drink tea, listen to the natives, beeping, and shouting, wait for a constable to turn up, or a traffic warden, and sort it out. Longest I’ve waited is 1hour, some silly bint, had parked across the exit to the estate and ■■■■■■ off to the temple, on her return lots of traders very upset, but she couldn’t see a problem with what she had done.

FerociousCod:
Hi all,

I’m a new driver- been driving artics since April. I’m really enjoying the job and find I learn more each day and my driving confidence is ever growing.

The other day I had a drop to a store in a town center right in the middle of a residential area. I knew it would be a tight one when it said the entrance to the service yard is off a resi Street just before a 7.5t limit.

When I pulled onto the road I was faced with some knob who’d moved the cones the store put down and plonked his car right in my way.

No chance of getting by. I rang 101 to inform them an artic was stuck down a resi street due to an illegally parked car- they didn’t seem to care much.

The owner returned after approx 1 hour. I lost my temper a bit with him and gave him a right earful. After the fact I felt I behaved unprofessionally and should have held myself to a higher standard. What do you all think?

Learn from your mistakes and you will do well.
Unfortunately a lot don’t.

biggriffin:
A very common occurrence when delivering to that London place, all I do now is stop hazards on, drink tea, listen to the natives, beeping, and shouting, wait for a constable to turn up, or a traffic warden, and sort it out. Longest I’ve waited is 1hour, some silly bint, had parked across the exit to the estate and [zb] off to the temple, on her return lots of traders very upset, but she couldn’t see a problem with what she had done.

Tut tut hazards are not for for stopping to drink tea.
Why do so many use hazards at the wrong time? Lol.

Dr Damon:

biggriffin:
A very common occurrence when delivering to that London place, all I do now is stop hazards on, drink tea, listen to the natives, beeping, and shouting, wait for a constable to turn up, or a traffic warden, and sort it out. Longest I’ve waited is 1hour, some silly bint, had parked across the exit to the estate and [zb] off to the temple, on her return lots of traders very upset, but she couldn’t see a problem with what she had done.

A taxi driver once told me they were “park anywhere” lights! :open_mouth:

Ha yeah but taxi drivers have their own rules you know.
In fact half the population have their own rules thinking about it!

I would have phoned the police as well as 101…at least he would have got a ticket…if not a spider to remove it.

Dr Damon:

So when should hazard lights be used? I know,they are mainly used when a vehicle has broken down. On a motorway when there’s queuing traffic ahead,to warn motorists behind. I can’t see why the above situation should not be used,to notify motorists of an obstruction.
It baffles me when a vehicle is being towed,both have their hazards on :confused:

i always used to think there was a lot of campervans with ladies sitting them broken down with their hazard lights on until i couldnt afford to go to their assistance anyore as id spent all my running money on the way down. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
i always used to think there was a lot of campervans with ladies sitting them broken down with their hazard lights on until i couldnt afford to go to their assistance anyore as id spent all my running money on the way down. :slight_smile:

Some of them were very careless too. Always seemed to meet up with some who’d “just mislaid me ■■■■■” and needed a loan.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk