It's Quiet.....

…On this board of late. Does that mean that everyone is now working flat out■■?

Sound off everyone - how busy are YOU in your particular region right now?

Are you going to vote against your incumbent MP in next week’s election as well?

“Change or No Change in our time”. :question:

Winseer:

For the first time in a long time I’m sat twiddling my thumbs. There is a bit of work out there but unfortunately its Stobbie Tesco and my back isn’t up to dragging 80 cages out of a trailer even though the mind is willing. I always keep a load of holiday back for this time of year anyway as I get 6 and a half weeks a year and am planning having 2 weeks off over Xmas.

I think Brexit has definitely caused some problems since the beginning of October.

I work for a bakery firm and it’s busy as hell this time of year. Saying that,it never really goes quiet people just love their food don’t they! :laughing:

after reading this,then it looks like there might be a knock on effect from all the big holiday tour operators ,especially the ones that cover asia.
id imagine theres going to be a big rush of cancellations for those thailand beach locations that all the agency drivers flock to for the first three months of the year.
its looking like its going to be a white till well after christmas for them this year. :laughing: :laughing:

Could be skegness instead

n

In the world pf portacabins this is our busiest time. A lot of building projects have a finish date of xmas set by the client. So its all go getting cabins offsite and back to yard. Its that busy im even working a Sunday tommorow for the first time in years!!!

West Midlands, near Birmingham. 4 days out of 7, occasionally 3 1/2. Company delivers its own products to its own stores. Then again, I’m only agency so it could be because their regulars are gobbling up all the shifts for overtime but that’s not really the general impression I’m getting. I’m told it’s not seasonal so there should be work all year round but I’ve heard that so many times…

Not going to vote because it’s like choosing a bride from adultwork.com

Bigtruck3:
Could be skegness instead

^^^^^^^^^^^
looks quite a nice place for a limpers family day out?
makes a change from pattya beach.
still,a years pay for 8 or 9 months work? welcome to limper heaven… :laughing:

It is, but so many characters have stopped posting in the last few years for a variety of reasons , some of which really were funny . Life goes in cycles so new characters will appear…
And I reckon it must be the quietest crimbo for decades too

Work wise… dead. In terms of “hours” there is little difference bit a lot of those hours have been sat waiting for something to come up.

Board wise… personally speaking I dont post as much because I’m fed up of the same few jumping into a thread, derailing it and ruining the flow.

Winseer:
…On this board of late. Does that mean that everyone is now working flat out■■?

Are you going to vote against your incumbent MP in next week’s election as well?

“Change or No Change in our time”. :question:

It’s quiet on this board because of the enormous amount of drivel that is now the new norm. Most of the best posters have simply got bored of this place and clearly don’t bother anymore.

Can’t really blame them tbh, used to be a good laugh on here :unamused:

Winseer:
…On this board of late. Does that mean that everyone is now working flat out ■■?

I’ve been working all hours this last week but thats own network groupage pallets overnight, so not seen a general downturn in business.

Might help that we do ADR pallets so businesses need that stuff all year, but the expected drop really hasn’t happened. Plenty of washing powder going out, plus loads of stuff to farms so they aren’t stressing about Brexit.

We are struggling badly to get ADR agency drivers so that could be an option for any drivers looking to boost their chances. Little extra money these days but guaranteed work.

When I was on agency, it stopped around November and didn’t restart until March until I got my ADR. Very glad I’m fulltime these days. (East Midlands area).

I’d have thought there would be lots of work for Brakes and the likes unless they soaked up all the drivers from that P&H (?) and don’t do agency anymore.

Busy busy busy, flat out until Xmas and enjoying a pay boost to entice the drivers in. Cheers easy

3 wheeler:
It is, but so many characters have stopped posting in the last few years for a variety of reasons , some of which really were funny . Life goes in cycles so new characters will appear…
And I reckon it must be the quietest crimbo for decades too

Ive never really posted too much but always find it strange how people who were once prolific posters never post anymore. One that springs to mind is tangoboy

Winseer:
…On this board of late. Does that mean that everyone is now working flat out ■■?

I’ve been working all hours this last week but thats own network groupage pallets overnight, so not seen a general downturn in business.

Might help that we do ADR pallets so businesses need that stuff all year, but the expected drop really hasn’t happened. Plenty of washing powder going out, plus loads of stuff to farms so they aren’t stressing about Brexit.

We are struggling badly to get ADR agency drivers so that could be an option for any drivers looking to boost their chances. Little extra money these days but guaranteed work.

When I was on agency, it stopped around November and didn’t restart until March until I got my ADR. Very glad I’m fulltime these days. (East Midlands area).

I’d have thought there would be lots of work for Brakes and the likes unless they soaked up all the drivers from that P&H (?) and don’t do agency anymore.

Moderation and having to tow the publishers line has seen the best days of this board gone, it is now so PC and sterile that it has killed itself.
The craic has gone, left the building, the over zealous mods have seen to that.

It will be gone in 24 months.

Its been quiet for our little mob since the end of August, but we tick over as we are not general road haulage and only move goods for our own long term customers. We always find a bit of work via a couple of local haulage firms if we are on the dead side.
As for the last three weeks I have been out in Australia, back in on Monday to start my final few months…unless they ask me to stay on for a fourth time, should have retired last June!

Mates of mine on the boxes got really busy as each Brexit deadline approached. Then as it passed it went quiet. Strange set of circumstances where no one really knows what to do I suppose.

As for me, steady away. Joys of trunking I suppose, doesnt matter if the trailer is full or empty, it still has to go.

I’m thinking that it will go mental, if the general election is a devisive result - BUT Christmas will be all but cancelled - if we end up with another hung parliament. :frowning: