Quiet out there!

Quiet out here on the M6/Coventry area, I feel like Billy No Mates !

Just got 2drops off in B’rm, 1st one on time, 2nd one an hour early, collecting in Nuneaton at the mo’ then deliver it the Hitchin.

Any one else working, or are you all on the Juice already ?

Did my last shift on Saturday night. 10hr shift done in 6.

I was available if they had anything loading yesterday but they didn’t, they phoned today but I said I’d sooner not load again until after Christmas and that was fine, I got the impression it wasn’t going to be very busy this week. So just having a day or two at home chilling out then off to spend Christmas on the boat. :smiley:

Had the A38 to myself between Derby and Weeford on Saturday evening. Two or three cars went past and that was it.

Not the busiest night, I know, but that was something else - it was like I’d dodged a nuclear apocalypse while I was up in Belper.

Unfortunately for me I have to work during Xmas as I’m a single man, all the dad’s booked their holiday last Xmas I think. Still its quiet and pretty chilled work. I’m guessing the supermarket drivers are flat out but my line of work is a little quieter this time of year.

I have been doing odd jobs the last few weeks getting things ready for next year and finishing up old jobs. I like the pace.

my load cancelled today so I am not working,boxing day cancelled,so only two days work this week [agency]so I thought 2 days [tue/wed]no good to me so took what was owed in holiday now off for the week,not an ideal situation but at least I can relax now

Conor:
Did my last shift on Saturday night. 10hr shift done in 6.

They’ll remember that for next time :wink:

I’ll be in tonight and tomorrow night on my last two shifts as night manager. I’m taking mince pies and nibbles and a tin of chocolates in tomorrow night for the fork lift lads. I suspect we’re going to have a pretty easy time of it on both nights, since many of our customers have shut up shop for Christmas.

Your not alone mate.Tipped a Stratford & now loading for a 20.00 Bicester. Roll on Wednesday

Bit busier now, just came down the M1 & off at 13 & Northampton Northbound looked a bit sticky.
A lot of places are shut already, so the next 2 days should be easy. ! (Famous last words, lol)

Did 6 drops in North London this morning. On any normal day I would have been back at 1300 earliest. Was back and washing the old girl down at 1100.

Off now till the 5th
Woot!

Went down to Stanstead airport at 03.00 this morning, could not get loaded before 09.30, left at 10.00. The traffic was horrendous up the M11, A14, and there was a major slow down just before Leicester msa and I thought it was an accident, but it was just the volume of traffic coming off the M69 to join the M1 n/b. Three lanes full up to the A50 and that was busy too.

Was quiet yesterday morning down to Peterborough and dunstable back to willenhall hardly saw a sole
Been to Stratford newbury and Winchester today left at 5am back for half 2 even the M42 +m6 behaved which was a change.
Last day tomorrow 3 locals happy days

bestbooties:
Went down to Stanstead airport at 03.00 this morning, could not get loaded before 09.30, left at 10.00. The traffic was horrendous up the M11, A14, and there was a major slow down just before Leicester msa and I thought it was an accident, but it was just the volume of traffic coming off the M69 to join the M1 n/b. Three lanes full up to the A50 and that was busy too.

Looks like the Mass Exodus has begun !

I’ve got a drop in N10 then a collection from Walthamstow tomorrow, fingers crossed for the M25 & M1 early afternoon, then I’m on holiday (hooray !)

i’m still hard at it…last drop was in Erdington,traffic chaos outside Sainsburys/B&M/Smyths toys :frowning: Grimsby tomorrow :slight_smile: