Quiet or not

Hows all the agancy drivers doing… Things are pretty quiet were i am… Hows everyone else finding it… What about full time drivers are you all noticing it quieter than most years… Crikey i cant wait to be working again…

we are busier than ever, just like most hauliers.
but most hauliers have realised that dealing with agencies can be a disaster, as most of the drivers have the “i don’t care, i’m agency” attitude.
so agencies are being used less.

Pretty good for me at the moment but it’s been up and down for months now; I might have no work at all in a week or two then it gets busy for a week or two and so on.

WORK…bugger,knew I was meant to be somewhere this week :exclamation:

Simon :sunglasses:

had nothing all month. bored as hell

luckily ive had holidays to take by the end of the month so been taking them so moneys not an issue for now. im just bored

Talking to yhe lads on Manpower, it’s not good at the moment. :frowning:

On agency on Contract at only one place so they only stand us down if they are really in the zb … gettin by on about 45hrs after breaks so it’s plodding along ok

limeyphil:
we are busier than ever, just like most hauliers.
but most hauliers have realised that dealing with agencies can be a disaster, as most of the drivers have the “i don’t care, i’m agency” attitude.
so agencies are being used less.

Really?? Worked at Tesco last night, 4 agency drivers, 2 Tesco drivers, and Tesco are a reasonably sized Haulier?? They are keeping me fairly busy. The only difference now is they are only using ‘assessed’ drivers, and then only those who keep in the ‘green’ with their fleetboard.

Not had less than 40hrs p/week in recent months. Though that can often be long weekends fri-mon
plus shifts midweek to bulk out the pay.

In fact 1 site I know of has been using at least 46 agency drivers per day recently, so many in fact that the agencys been ringing other agencies to sub out the work. This has led to the haulier getting stricter on who theyll allow to drive. Inc no more than 6 points, a 5 pages pre-shift questionaire, copying your licence, and down loading your card before you start (to check you`ve had enough rest) & downloading the card after your shift

It’s dire at the moment :frowning: 2 days work in 2 weeks. Have nothing for next week yet either.
Coming out of recession? My ar$e :frowning:

We are using more self employed drivers these days,as they know the job.It is rare we get anybody new in.
Tonyb