Is it quiet this yr or is it me?

well!, never known a pre-xmas period like this yr, and although im on agy its usually rammed out with work. cant understand it…beginning to get a complex he he not. im in staffs…how are other drivers round the country finding this yr■■?..let me know. gary

Welcome to Trucknet Gazza. I shifted this from the Old Time section to the PDF as it would seem to be more appropriate (t)here.
There are plenty of agency people so I’m sure you’ll soon get some feedback :wink: .

Salut, David.

My agency have been complaining that it’s quiet for a few months now, although they’ve still so far found me work every day that I’ve wanted it. Whether or not that’ll continue into the new year remains to be seen…

Paul

quietest year i can remember mate, i think the economy is gonna dive next year and we’ll all be on the dole by xmas

The worst December I’ve known for years.

Welcome to TruckNet UK Gazza :smiley: . This time last
year I was taking lessons for class 2 so dont know
how much work was about. This year there have been
days without work but I still managed to bank a bit of
money and works picked up for me to christmas then Its
see whats about in the new year.

it’s damned quiet round here, and was for about 3 months, thats when the agencies go mad ususally!

I,m in Stoke and the local paper used to be full of jobs - agency and perm. On a wednesday it used to have a whole page of driving jobs alone. Now there are some weeks when there are no driving jobs advertised at all !!
Frightening!!

three words …

eastern european drivers :unamused:

it may not be the be all and end all but i do belive that that has had an effect i ve seen no end of local companys using them, we all so have tem working in our warehouse.

all so the economy has gone to pot .theres loads of companys laying off . theres 2 or 3 agencys in the paper around here advertising but are they just trying to get you on the books , is the work garenteed . littlewoods used to have 20 or 30 agency drivers in this time of year its now closed, paul at midway will tell you tradeteam dont have that many agency drivers in.

jon

Surley having drivers that have no experience of our country and little knowledge of our language are counter productive.

the companies at the end of the day must be worse off.
We had a polish driver in and he was a total waste of time {i’m not saying all are} but it must take them alot longer to do a job.

Our local paper hardly has any jobs these days and it used to have a page full on a thursday night.Except for the ones for £5.75 an hour and do you want to be a driving instructor.

But i’m on the verge of packing in a job for £27k,but thats due to being taken over by exel.its just going downhill FAST!!!

Tony b

jonboy:
three words …

eastern european drivers :unamused:

jon

yepp, thats about the way of it I think, but nobody can say it wasnt seen coming, but there was a lot of im alright jack attitudes as long as their job wernt under threat! it’s supply and demand, when we were in short supply the decision was made to flood the market, seems it never fails.

I work in Hull area. Worst december I’ve known in 13 years of driving. Everybody I’ve spoken to is in the same boat. It’s not Eastern European drivers around here though. One company I drive for has had nothing. I’ve had 4 days off them since the beginning of November. This time last year I was driving for them fulltime and they had 2 or 3 temps in. They’re a dairy firm supplying creams and milks to food manufacturers and bakeries.

I think there’s a recession on. People have run out of credit and now it’s beginning to bite.

i agree with conor there is no great amount of forign drivers around here, its just quiet. we in the uk have been having a credit party and now its time for the hangover

well, theres plenty of them round here, and if theres a downturn comin soon, it’'ll make it even worse, i remember the two big ones, it was bad for work and thats withoutr the east europes!

Hello to all, I also live in Stoke and the work has gone very quiet, worse ever! I phoned around and found some work with a different agency. Not looking forward to jan-feb.

oh yes very quite,i deliver beer and this is the quietest build up to christmas ever. stands to reason though if nobody is spending money on the high street they are not going to spend it on beer.merry christmas everybody.

Warrior:
oh yes very quite,i deliver beer and this is the quietest build up to christmas ever…

Same for us Warrior, loads quieter than last Christmas. Last year they had all the wagons running out seven days a week - this time it’s only five days a week, none on a Saturday at all and about half of them on a Sunday.

Although I am employed full-time and not on agency, our firm is asking us drivers if we know anyone who wants a job as they are finding it hard to get drivers. We’ve been told that we will have an EXTRA 160 loads per month to the continent and they don’t know how they’ll be covered. Our firm is Luxembourg based and they will try to use the overseas drivers for the loads but there will still be a hell of a shortfall, and we are working flat out as it is :open_mouth:

penfold:
Although I am employed full-time and not on agency, our firm is asking us drivers if we know anyone who wants a job as they are finding it hard to get drivers. We’ve been told that we will have an EXTRA 160 loads per month to the continent and they don’t know how they’ll be covered. Our firm is Luxembourg based and they will try to use the overseas drivers for the loads but there will still be a hell of a shortfall, and we are working flat out as it is :open_mouth:

if i was after a job i would go to your firm cos its seems a real cushy number especailly with the european work. how often do you go over the water :question: :question: :question: :question:

i cant do it cos of my college but if i wasnt at college i would be there like a shot. i cant belive your struggling for drivers.

drivergazza:
well!, never known a pre-xmas period like this yr, and although im on agy its usually rammed out with work. cant understand it…beginning to get a complex he he not. im in staffs…how are other drivers round the country finding this yr■■?..let me know. gary

transbritannia.at/
mailto:truck.control@transbritannia.at

ask here for a Job.:slight_smile:
You would get 14 month paid
12 Month

have a lookout for a Job to do Benelux and D to Iberia
fernandez.lu/
Company is owned by a elderly Lady and Job is hard.If you do three Weeks working four Day’s off as Single were you about legal.
but you also can do it in two week and four day working with each Weekend 24 Hour off,and then four day off to be legal.
i mean just,-most People need a Job to earn Money,and if it’s here short on work must you see on other places