Is it quiet this yr or is it me?

Yes, its definately quieter this year on the box’s. November-December are usually the busiest, but its been flat until last week which was the first really busy week so far. Hav’nt seen any figures lately but in October it was reported that July 2005 was the first month in ten years when more money was paid off on credit cards than taken up. As was said further up the cedit card [zb] up has ended.

I’m doing store deliveries for M&S at the moment and were flat out though the major shopping centres aren’t overly busy. I think it may pick up this week because the kids have started the school holidays. Not looking forward to after Christmas as I can’t see there being too much work about.

Penfold, does your firm have a depot in or near London?

Cheers,

John.

Jessica’s dad - we don’t go over the water as much as before although that may change come January, We do a lot of loads to Northern and Southern Ireland, I’m over there most weeks.

jeh_lon - Our depot is in Goole which is only one in UK.

On the subject of EU citizens (Eastern AND Western) having the right to work here visa free…isn’t it strange they are barred from becoming MP’s. It seems the powers that be have no problem with them taking our jobs, but not theirs?

Just got 3 days work last week but none so for this with Exel (Ikea) Hoping for plently of work though Jan as people buy half price kitchens

why has this been moved is it by mistake. :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

jessicas dad:
why has this been moved is it by mistake. :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

It was first posted in the Oldies Forum and moved to the PDF to get more responses

Muz123:
On the subject of EU citizens (Eastern AND Western) having the right to work here visa free…isn’t it strange they are barred from becoming MP’s. It seems the powers that be have no problem with them taking our jobs, but not theirs?

:laughing: :laughing: lmao! good one!

you know why it is though dont you, they can only come if they do usefull work, so the ■■■■■■■ shirkers hanging round down by big ben are safe!

jessicas dad:

Err :question: Haven’t you read the whole thread Dad? Try post no. 2 :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

Spardo:

jessicas dad:

Err :question: Haven’t you read the whole thread Dad? Try post no. 2 :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: ok ok sorry everyone.

is this the sign of the current times
Ive just been asked how far I live from, and if Im willing to travel to Somerfield Sherburn to cover the agys possible new work contract, till they hope they can recruit locally. Problem is I live 34 miles away :open_mouth: I doubt Ill bother coz I`ll never make any serious money

peirre:
is this the sign of the current times
Ive just been asked how far I live from, and if Im willing to travel to Somerfield Sherburn to cover the agys possible new work contract, till they hope they can recruit locally. Problem is I live 34 miles away :open_mouth: I doubt Ill bother coz I`ll never make any serious money

Strange that, since we were told all these shift changes etc that we have just gone through was so we dont have any agency in or at least a reduced number… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: No suprise really then that we have had more agency in then ever over the last two weeks :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I work on a farm that employs Eastern blocks people and most could not drive a donkey. They can and do drive us mad though, they are good at that. We need a caoch driver for 6 months and the gaffa looked into getting a Polish driver but the agent said there is a shortage of PSV drvers in Poland because they are all here!!! So guys any of us out of work after xmas should we swallow our pride and lower ourselves to psv level, and work in Warsaw?(zb) should we.
edited for language if it needs stars it’s not allowed mm :wink:

Bones:
Strange that, since we were told all these shift changes etc that we have just gone through was so we dont have any agency in or at least a reduced number… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: No suprise really then that we have had more agency in then ever over the last two weeks :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I take it your working at sherburn then
is it possible to make any serious money being on the agency there??