YouTube Vlogs

LukeCinaHGV:
Thanks for the kind comments everyone :slight_smile:
Just released my website if anyone is interested in having a look.

lukecinahgv.co.uk

Why have you got a website asking for donations? Are you a charity?

"Boxlife77"Makes me wonder sometimes about people, they drive a truck all day then sit watching someone drive a truck in their free time??

And who says they drive trucks all day??

rearaxle:
"Boxlife77"Makes me wonder sometimes about people, they drive a truck all day then sit watching someone drive a truck in their free time??

And who says they drive trucks all day??

I know what you I guess. I drive trucks most days and dont normally watch these vlogs. I dont think I/we working drivers are the target audience. There are several comments in favour of these vlogs in the Newbie section, so Id guess they are, or should be, useful in giving an idea of the job to someone thinking about getting into the industry? They aint compulsory viewing after all.

Boxlife77:
Makes me wonder sometimes about people, they drive a truck all day then sit watching someone drive a truck in their free time??

Much the same as driving a truck all day and then reading and posting on a trucking forum.

newmercman:

Boxlife77:
Makes me wonder sometimes about people, they drive a truck all day then sit watching someone drive a truck in their free time??

Much the same as driving a truck all day and then reading and posting on a trucking forum.

Not really, watching a video of someone doing your job isn’t the same as a drivers forum is it? :unamused:

That’s the thing, the job is so varied that the video is unlikely to be about “your” job.

I did some myself, I tried to make sure that there was some spectacular scenery and explained a bit about the job I was doing, but I was going to the same place every trip and there’s only so much you can say before you end up like a broken record, so I haven’t done one for a while.

newmercman:
That’s the thing, the job is so varied that the video is unlikely to be about “your” job.

I did some myself, I tried to make sure that there was some spectacular scenery and explained a bit about the job I was doing, but I was going to the same place every trip and there’s only so much you can say before you end up like a broken record, so I haven’t done one for a while.

I can fully understand kids or people who want to get in the game watching drivers drive around but people who already do the job watching it? Can’t see the attraction.
And realistically all the videos are people driving from A to B, a few different aspects change in each job but still pretty much the same.

I’m interested in seeing things I’ve not done, so something like a road train in the outback or a run up to deepest darkest Russia would be worth a watch, but that’s just me, some of the vlogs have thousands of subscribers, so there is a market for them.

Like I said at the start the vlogs really helped me to get into it, It gave me expectations of what to expect each day, for a young class 2 driver (I’m only 24) there was and always will be alot to learn

Cov:

Hammy747:
Rock God used to do some good videos, doesn’t upload much any more but a video pops up every now and then.

Hes a good laugh lol

What the [zb] is all this ’ filming yourself driving a truck ’ ■■■■■■■■?

Chatting about work on a computer is one thing, but watching someone drive a truck? FFS, join neighbourhood watch or something.

Yeah he cracks me up that fella.
The one about cooking in cab.
Gets his mobile out and rings a takeaway.
Classic.

Boxlife77:

LukeCinaHGV:

lukecinahgv.co.uk

You make it sound like the sole purpose of me having a website is so that i can receive donations?

Let me first state that, No, i am not a charity. But I assume you already knew that and that your question was a sarcastic one?

I love my job, I love driving. I love editing and i love making vlogs & blogs. Having a “donate” button is just a way for my ■■■■■■■■ fans (of which i assuming you are not) To help me out a little bit. I recently received £200 from 23 of my fans which i piled back in to my channel by purchasing a 2nd GoPro, batterys & mounts aswell as helping me by my domain for my website (lukecinahgv.com)

I have mutilate social platforms for different people to interact with me in different ways. for example, My primary platform, YouTube, now has 5500 subscribers. I have Facebook where i have almost 700 fans. (these are the more ■■■■■■■■ ones)

Because i make a little bit of money on YouTube each month i’m classified as a “business” in the eyes of the tax man, Along with the ongoing growth of my channels and very positive feedback i get, i decided to launch the website. Eventually i will sell merchandise on it. Be it stuff with my logo, my name or just random trucking stuff i do not know yet but for the moment it is where i post daily Blogs. (Ie stories of what ive been up to today)

I see one of your comments just know, “why do people drive all day just to come home and watch other people drive”
well… Its more than that. Like i said earlier, Different types of people watch my material.

You got the newbies, People who want to become a driver and want to see what it is like and watch some one do it
You got the wanna knows, People who already drive but want to see how i do it, or wanna see how tippers are different
You got the fans of ME, People who dont really care too much about trucking but find my content entertaining and wanna see what im up to,
you got the trolls, People who hate my content, will dislike a video without even watching it
You got the ■■■■■■■■ fans, People who love your content so much they’ll give you money.

So am i a charity? No
am i asking for donations? Yes,
Why? Because i put alot of effort into making enjoyable content.
I’m not forcing anyone to donate. im not saying “give me £5 if you wanna watch the video”
I’m saying thank you so much for watching, See you next time. if you want to donate, you can. Drive safe.

Luke C

LukeCinaHGV:

Boxlife77:

LukeCinaHGV:

lukecinahgv.co.uk

You make it sound like the sole purpose of me having a website is so that i can receive donations?

Let me first state that, No, i am not a charity. But I assume you already knew that and that your question was a sarcastic one?

I love my job, I love driving. I love editing and i love making vlogs & blogs. Having a “donate” button is just a way for my ■■■■■■■■ fans (of which i assuming you are not) To help me out a little bit. I recently received £200 from 23 of my fans which i piled back in to my channel by purchasing a 2nd GoPro, batterys & mounts aswell as helping me by my domain for my website (lukecinahgv.com)

I have mutilate social platforms for different people to interact with me in different ways. for example, My primary platform, YouTube, now has 5500 subscribers. I have Facebook where i have almost 700 fans. (these are the more ■■■■■■■■ ones)

Because i make a little bit of money on YouTube each month i’m classified as a “business” in the eyes of the tax man, Along with the ongoing growth of my channels and very positive feedback i get, i decided to launch the website. Eventually i will sell merchandise on it. Be it stuff with my logo, my name or just random trucking stuff i do not know yet but for the moment it is where i post daily Blogs. (Ie stories of what ive been up to today)

I see one of your comments just know, “why do people drive all day just to come home and watch other people drive”
well… Its more than that. Like i said earlier, Different types of people watch my material.

You got the newbies, People who want to become a driver and want to see what it is like and watch some one do it
You got the wanna knows, People who already drive but want to see how i do it, or wanna see how tippers are different
You got the fans of ME, People who dont really care too much about trucking but find my content entertaining and wanna see what im up to,
you got the trolls, People who hate my content, will dislike a video without even watching it
You got the ■■■■■■■■ fans, People who love your content so much they’ll give you money.

So am i a charity? No
I’m not forcing anyone to donate. im not saying “give me £5 if you wanna watch the video”
I’m saying thank you so much for watching, See you next time. if you want to donate, you can. Drive safe.

Luke C

Just on a side note…(not related to the donations aspect of your website)

If you are earning money from youtube and being seen as a business …the hours or how ever long it takes to,edit a film , send out merchandise ect ect…does that come under WTD?

Do you have to inform your company that you also run a business outside of transport?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

LukeCinaHGV:

Boxlife77:

LukeCinaHGV:

lukecinahgv.co.uk

So am i a charity? No

Luke C

Personally not a fan of the donate button, but… I can see where you’re coming from mate, and fair play to you: you love what you do and want to blog/ video about it. Nothing wrong with that - I do the occasional video of my fishing exploits - I’m not really blogging/ vlogging or whatever you call it but just me filming when I go fishing or I catch a fish because I like to share, as you do. If people want to slip you a few bob, no harm done all round really.

People pay you money to watch you driving a truck?

Looks like this country and most of the idiots in it are finally getting near the bottom of the barrel.

Luke C
[/quote]
Just on a side note…(not related to the donations aspect of your website)

If you are earning money from youtube and being seen as a business …the hours or how ever long it takes to,edit a film , send out merchandise ect ect…does that come under WTD?

Do you have to inform your company that you also run a business outside of transport?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
[/quote]
WTD, No because my shift has finished. Im no longer working for that company nor am i in operation (or going to be in operation) of a vehicle, Nor am i being paid to MAKE the video. I am at home, on my computer doing a hobbie… I only make money out of it because once i upload it to YouTube, adverts appear on the video. If you click the advert. I get paid 3p. yes… 3 pence. on average i make (if i am lucky) about £2 per video.

Would anyone else put it down as WTD if they raced a car round a race track, or went to play golf. or went to the pub and played pool. Its purely a hobbie outside of work. thats all it is

As for telling my employer? Yes they do know i vlog and make money from it. They actually want me to help with their website.
But im not sure the need to know if i make an extra £208 a year (on the basis i upload 2 videos a week for 52 weeks at £2 a video)

Only the taxman needs to know so he can take a little more of me :smiley:

I dont do this for the money, i do it because i like editing videos and putting them together. it is a hobby :slight_smile:

Hope that helps

Luke

I

eagerbeaver:
People pay you money to watch you driving a truck?

Looks like this country and most of the idiots in it are finally getting near the bottom of the barrel.

via clicking on adverts on my Youtube channel primarily.

I think you should concentrate more on your driving.
You hit a house, that’s worse than hitting a bridge.
Leave the vlogs to the pros.

Thanks for the advice man. I appreciate it.

Luckily I’m one of those people who learn from his mistakes and haven’t hit anything since then. (This was quite a while ago!)

I’m sure even the pros like luke vernon have hit something st some point in his career.
I’m sure you have too.

Had I been vlogging when the acdident happened then yes, you’d be absolutely right. And I would stop. But I wasn’t. I was just to inexperienced at the time.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Oh btw. If you actually watch the video, you’ll find out it wasn’t a house