Been watching trucker Jay

Hi all

I’m thinking of changing careers and becoming a driver

My old chap was one, til alcohol got in his way, but anyways…

I been watching on YouTube various drivers, i.e. Luke C who seems a great guy, fastasfox who seems calm and considerate but then there’s trucker Jay

I’ve browsed this forum all ends up and seen a few remarks calling him a clown etc, but whats your opinion of him?

He’s a clown.

A hot head.

A lovely guy who when made aware of his shortcomings by his peers has conceeded he was in the wrong and promised to improve.

Uses this forum to promote his channel at times but nowt wrong with a little pimping now and again.

Instigates confrontations entirely on his own, blames the other drivers, posts them online where his viewers all ■■■■■■■■■■ over him being a fantastic person. He’s just a total [zb] and gives us a really bad name. Sooner he gets knocked down a peg or two by another driver the better.

Why would anyone’s opinions on a YouTube starlet (a bit strong maybe, but it does scream AmDram) make any difference on your decision to drink the Kool-Aid and become one of us? One of us, one of us, one of us…

You either want to or you don’t, these videos either promote the industry highlights or lowlights, according to your viewpoint.

I doubt I share many outlooks on driving with our man Jay though…

He’s no different to most steering wheel attendants out there these days

who?

RONNIE ■■■■■■■ PICKERING!

Trucker Jay Actually

Trustred:
Hi all

Hi Trustred,

The above is fine, and you’re most welcome. :smiley:

However and just to explain…, this part is a bit different because it’s off-topic in the Newbies’ Forum…

Trustred:
I been watching on YouTube various drivers, i.e. Luke C who seems a great guy, fastasfox who seems calm and considerate but then there’s trucker Jay

I’ve browsed this forum all ends up and seen a few remarks calling him a clown etc, but whats your opinion of him?

The other topics about Trucker Jay are all done now, and since you’ve already read them, you already know the opinions.

Have you priced up the training costs and chosen a training provider yet?

Ah cheers Dave

Nope to both as of yet, so just going through the forum and finding it fascinating reading

At the moment I do 3 jobs to make ends meet, and to be honest I’m not that enamoured with any of them so I guess in Spring time I’ll be asking the serious questions

Trustred:
Ah cheers Dave

Nope to both as of yet, so just going through the forum and finding it fascinating reading

At the moment I do 3 jobs to make ends meet, and to be honest I’m not that enamoured with any of them so I guess in Spring time I’ll be asking the serious questions

Hi Trustred,

All the good stuff on training is gathered together in one place:

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

:bulb: It’ll take you until springtime to read it all, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … so now is probably a good time to start, but please remember that we’re all here to help.

In this forum, the only daft question is the one that you don’t ask. :wink: :grimacing:

Thanks again Dave

I’ll get to reading this afternoon, if I can get any peace and quiet

Trucker Jay has made mistakes, call it the exuberance of youth…
However he’s now admitted these, and should be given a chance to show he’s learnt from them!

The end! :smiley:

Of a bell.

Trustred:
Hi all

I think the three you’ve mentioned fastasfox seems the only legit one haha!

How old are you if your between 19-24 you can easily get with a firm who are offering to pay for your class 2-1 many fools don’t do their research and think you have to shed a fortune out… All the best!!

SouthEastCashew:
How old are you if your between 19-24 you can easily get with a firm who are offering to pay for your class 2-1 many fools don’t do their research and think you have to shed a fortune out… All the best!!

And to that I’d ask if you wanted to buy some magic beans? :open_mouth:
:laughing:

No one gives away something for nothing mate, and logic states that the firms that offer this, have the most trouble recruiting.
And the question to that has to be: I wonder why? :open_mouth:

So yes, you possibly can get locked into a 2 or 3 year deal with a firm, but is that really a good deal? I’ve got 18 months experience and limped all over the place, moving on when each had served their purpose. I couldn’t possible image what I’d have felt like thinking I’d have 3 years of X without any chance to learn what sort of work suits me.

And that’s a factor often overlooked by Newbies, as there is such a variation of work, work hours, and patterns…
As such different personality types work better in certain roles, and I can’t deny that I’ve learnt certain roles suit me better then others. Hence I’m claiming that by paying for my licences myself, not only am I free agent to pick and choose, I’m learning the industry a lot faster than someone stuck in one spot for 3 years…

What would I learn about pallet delivery after 3 years that I didn’t learn in 6 months? :open_mouth:

Basically without wanting to offend or start an argument, I think that if you have a choice, you should finance it yourself…

Evil8Beezle:

SouthEastCashew:

[emoji38]

No one gives away something for nothing mate, and logic states that the firms that offer this, have the most trouble recruiting.

So yes, you possibly can get locked into a 2 or 3 year deal with a firm, but is that really a good deal? I’ve got 18 months experience and limped all over the place, moving on when each had served their purpose. I couldn’t possible image what I’d have felt like thinking I’d have 3 years of X without any chance to learn what sort of work suits me.

And that’s a factor often overlooked by Newbies, as there is such a variation of work, work hours, and patterns…
As such different personality types work better in certain roles, and I can’t deny that I’ve learnt certain roles suit me better then others. Hence I’m claiming that by paying for my licences myself, not only am I free agent to pick and choose, I’m learning the industry a lot faster than someone stuck in one spot for 3 years…

What would I learn about pallet delivery after 3 years that I didn’t learn in 6 months? :open_mouth:

Basically without wanting to offend or start an argument, I think that if you have a choice, you should finance it yourself…

Google HGV driver apprenticeships you will be surprised. They do not lock you in.

SouthEastCashew:

Evil8Beezle:

SouthEastCashew:

[emoji38]

Google HGV driver apprenticeships you will be surprised. They do not lock you in.

I would be very surprised if there isn’t something in the small print about repaying if you leave, including being sacked. I am older than that but would always pay for my own to give me the option to go where I want if things don’t work out somewhere