You'll kill someone eventually

robroy:

neilp1982:
Thankfully nobody hurt, but to say ban lorries from the town is just utter pish. People need to take more care of what they are doing, what they are driving etc, that is what it boils down to. Why ban ALL lorries when it is the minority of [zb] causing the problem?

Yeh but that’s the problem, we’re all tarred with the same brush, the d/heads among us with blagged Class 1s drag us all down.

+1 but don’t include me now. I’m retired. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi. as a point of interest, a blind man stands on the kerb and listens before crossing the road. Nothing heard and he steps out. An Electric car doing 30 to 40 mph hits and kills him. Who is at fault?.

cartageman:
Hi. as a point of interest, a blind man stands on the kerb and listens before crossing the road. Nothing heard and he steps out. An Electric car doing 30 to 40 mph hits and kills him. Who is at fault?.

To be honest electric cars are not that quiet. Of course you do not hear engine but for sure you will hear tires especially at 30-40mph. Anyway blind person usually will first put their white stick on the the road signalling his/her intention. What you will do that is up to you and your conciseness.

Learner driver…

A manager says “Go,” a leader says “Let’s Go” - John Maxwell

robroy:

neilp1982:
Thankfully nobody hurt, but to say ban lorries from the town is just utter pish. People need to take more care of what they are doing, what they are driving etc, that is what it boils down to. Why ban ALL lorries when it is the minority of [zb] causing the problem?

Yeh but that’s the problem, we’re all tarred with the same brush, the d/heads among us with blagged Class 1s drag us all down.

Excuse me I did not blag mine I brought it on the interwebs thing

There is a sound module fitted to electric cars so that they make a noise as they go along. If a blind person steps in front of an autonomous car , who is to blame?

alamcculloch:
There is a sound module fitted to electric cars so that they make a noise as they go along. If a blind person steps in front of an autonomous car , who is to blame?

Human is to blame…

Learner driver…

A manager says “Go,” a leader says “Let’s Go” - John Maxwell

cartageman:

What if blind man listens, hears nothing and steps off a kerb and walks into the raised taillift of LGV which is making a kerbside delivery. Who’s at fault there?

Blind persons generally just don’t step off kerbs into the road, they would tend to use pelican/zebra crossings, and in most instances have a guide dog also.

chester:

cartageman:

What if blind man listens, hears nothing and steps off a kerb and walks into the raised taillift of LGV which is making a kerbside delivery. Who’s at fault there?

Blind persons generally just don’t step off kerbs into the road, they would tend to use pelican/zebra crossings, and in most instances have a guide dog also.

We seem to have a few blind HGV drivers these days. Perhaps they should have a white Labrador behind the wheel to help stop bridge strikes!

double post

msgyorkie:
We seem to have a few blind HGV drivers these days. Perhaps they should have a white Labrador behind the wheel to help stop bridge strikes!

Other colours are available…

I don’t want one of them Labradors, have you seen how many of their owners have gone blind.