Lorries Ruin Lives

Seems like the love a lorry campaign never reached this far north.

m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/142 … n_village/

While I have no sympathy for NIMBIES, it would get on my nerves having wagons rumbling past at all hours.

We counted ‘‘hundreds and hundreds’’ :unamused: yeh right.

I’ve used this unofficial diversion once or twice and i’ve not crossed paths with another one yet.

No time for people who cry about ran running. If the road is maintained at the publics’ expense then the public can drive on it.

On the other hand I’m sure trade for double glazing has gone up. Silver lining and all that.

I have delivered building materials and food and drink ,also done road building work with tippers. I have removed stuff in skips and drove a sewage tanker.So if Joe Public would stop living in houses and eating and drinking and stop driving and stop using lavatories I and other drivers could stand down.We dont ruin their lives for fun.

There was an offical diversion route set out but drivers ignored it because they are selfish and do not care about anybody but themselves.
Don’t blame the residents as I am sure if you lived in the village and were woken up in the middle of the night you would be pi**ed off as well.

albion1971:
There was an offical diversion route set out but drivers ignored it because they are selfish and do not care about anybody but themselves.
Don’t blame the residents as I am sure if you lived in the village and were woken up in the middle of the night you would be pi**ed off as well.

Do you know the A167 at all Albion?

Wot about those of us that work nights or shifts ?

Are we sub human . not able to enjoy a ‘nights’ sleep just because we r not white collared towny tossers ■■

This misplaced idea that some people should be able to remain undisturbed for a whole night is 1 of this countries biggest problems .

Towns and cities are no go zones for deliveries at exactly the times those deliveries can be most efficiently undertaken .

Until i am guaranteed a whole 8 hour sleep in the day i shall continue to make as much noise and disturbance all night that i possibly can

albion1971:

“Official diversions” around here usually end up with pointless roadworks on them to coincide with the road closure.

Personally, I wouldn’t live on an A road. It’s only for a few weeks anyway, we all know that roadworks don’t take long, don’t we.

As far as I’m concerned A roads should not have any height width or weight restrictions on them. If they do then weak bridges should be strengthened or these A roads should be downgraded to B status. The A46 was ruined because of NIMBYs in Painswick.

BeakFreak81:
I’ve used this unofficial diversion once or twice and i’ve not crossed paths with another one yet.

I take that route to avoid the roadworks along with another 6-7 lorries from my company doing Lockerbie/Penrith runs on nights. I’m regularly either following or meeting in the opposite direction wagons from Argos, Next, Yodel, Royal Mail, fridge wagons coming or going to the ferry at Cairnryan and I’ve been using it for several months. Not had a single night where I’ve not come across a wagon and a week ago there were 8 of us in convoy.

The problem is that the diversion route is no good for anyone who wants to go any route involving the M6 north of Penrith or to go to Scotland via the M74 because they bring you out just north of Newton Aycliffe and they’ve also got full road closures of the A1 at Gateshead all the way from Angel of the North up to the A69 exit so you’ve got to go through the middle of Newcastle. If we didn’t take the A168/A167 shortcut we couldn’t do our run more than 2 nights a week when its closed at Gateshead as well because it takes it into 10hr territory and we’ve even had drivers run out of time to do a run that is normally 3.5hrs each way when the A1 isn’t closed from Leeming to Scotch Corner.

albion1971:

No, we ignore it because it is a bloody ridiculously overly long one and because the Highways Agency planners decide to put another full closure on the A1 north of the diversion route on the only other route most wagons going to Scotland would use it is the only way to be able to still do the run and there is no 7.5t weight limit on it so we can legally use it.

You quite clearly don’t do nights so have absolutely no clue just how bad it is in this country for those of us who do.

Welcome to our world and trying to get anywhere. Every one of those no entry signs is a full road closure. There are dozens of roadworks with multiple lane closures on top of that and we’re still expected to do a lot more distance than day drivers do.

Just wait till they slap a 7.5 restriction on it with a camera on each end of the village.

Conor:

BeakFreak81:

I take that route to avoid the roadworks along with another 6-7 lorries from my company doing Lockerbie/Penrith runs on nights. I’m regularly either following or meeting in the opposite direction wagons from Argos, Next, Yodel, Royal Mail, fridge wagons coming or going to the ferry at Cairnryan and I’ve been using it for several months. Not had a single night where I’ve not come across a wagon and a week ago there were 8 of us in convoy.

The problem is that the diversion route is no good for anyone who wants to go any route involving the M6 north of Penrith or to go to Scotland via the M74 because they bring you out just north of Newton Aycliffe and they’ve also got full road closures of the A1 at Gateshead all the way from Angel of the North up to the A69 exit so you’ve got to go through the middle of Newcastle. If we didn’t take the A168/A167 shortcut we couldn’t do our run more than 2 nights a week when its closed at Gateshead as well because it takes it into 10hr territory and we’ve even had drivers run out of time to do a run that is normally 3.5hrs each way when the A1 isn’t closed from Leeming to Scotch Corner.

Certainly never seen it like that.

Both times i’ve used this route it’s been about 4 in the morning.

BeakFreak81:
Both times i’ve used this route it’s been about 4 in the morning.

Same here as thats usually the time I’m going through there on the way back. It does depend a lot on where the road closure is. If its from Leeming Bar or J50 A1M to Scotch Corner you’ll get loads of wagons however some of that is dependent on the ferry sailing times at Cairnryan. If its from Scotch Corner to Barton junction north of it you won’t really see any at all.

Both times i’ve used this route must of been during the second scenario you mentioned.

Like you said the official diversion takes you well out of the way.I don’t think it’s unreasonable to use the A167.It will be intresting to see how this one pans out.

Why is a Crime Commissioner getting involved? More to the point what is a Crime Commisioner for and who actually bothers to vote for one?

Muckaway:
Why is a Crime Commissioner getting involved? More to the point what is a Crime Commisioner for and who actually bothers to vote for one?

A Crime Commissioner is basically no more than a glorified council worker and does ■■■■ all worthwhile.