Your not safe passing anyone

I was going through Mansfield this morning, and there was four young kids walking along the pavement, i only noticed them because they came to a side street and i thought they was going to run across in front of me.

they turned to go up the side st, but as the did the smallest of the four threw a pop bottle at my truck it hit the windscreen and exploded spraying its contents all over the screen and smashing it.

it is at this point i must apologise to the other members who have had things thrown at their trucks and posted how much it made them jump because untill it hapens to you you cannot believe how much it makes you jump, i always thought that it would not be as bad as it is.

i almost made a sun roof in the cab, im not prone to being startled but it made me need clean underwear, the kid that threw it was only a tot about 3-4 foot tall i managed to stop the truck and not swerve into oncoming trafic, got out but they had legged it i phoned the old bill and gave them all the info i could but i was only aware of them as a trafic hazard and never got a good look at them because i never thought this would happen.

So take care out there this stupidity will kill more people before much longer lets hope they find a way to stop it before then.

Unfortunately this has become common practice these days. As you may know I drive a cab in Liverpool and the number of times I’ve had eggs, or worse,rocks thrown at me is uncountable. Initially plod would not take it serious, that is until we blockaded their headquarters with a couple of hundred cabs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Now they send out officers in a (Trojan Horse)taxi, although I have never heard of them catching anyone :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

tdriver:
although I have never heard of them catching anyone :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cracking joke that fella :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: the only way police can catch people nowadays is by filming/photographing them then sending them a summons through the post cowards :blush: :blush:

simon

I have had bricks and things thrown at me,the last time was I was in woolwich high street when from nowhere this brick hit my windscreen.
My brother-in-law drives a bus in romford,his bus was pelted with stones by a gang of kids,the broke nearly every window on one side of the bus.
He was very shaken and shocked,so were passengers.
These are kids,I worry how they will be if they ever grow up :open_mouth:

My mum and brother was on the bus going up maltby
high street and kids at dinner time was throwing rocks
at windows. I was shocked but they said it always happens :open_mouth: .

convoy:
My mum and brother was on the bus going up maltby
high street and kids at dinner time was throwing rocks
at windows. I was shocked but they said it always happens :open_mouth: .

Thats probably why there are Police about at lunchtimes in Maltby now. (Which means I also have to be careful where I park when loading on the High Street!)

and the dogooder brigade reckone we shouldn’t smack kids if they’re naughty, perhaps it’s this not smacking them that has lead to such an outrageous standard of behaviour amongst the youth of today.
i have to admit to not smacking my kids but thats because they are girls, i do punish them in other ways though and i feel sure they would rather i smack them than ban them from the pc for a week or make them stop in a couple of nights.

I’ve been shot at twice by air guns, once in a bus, had stones thrown & once whilst driving a bus down a bus lane had a water bomb hit the windscreen, as it was a busy city road, that I had a full bus & that I was travelling considerably faster than anything else on the road it was little short of a miracle that no was seriously hurt.
The police :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: uniformed tax collectors do not deal with real problems.