Kids throwing objects off bridges,,,,,caught em!

one of our drivers,a50 stoke ,longton area.drives under footbridge and watches as a group of teenagers throw an object at his cab,it bounces with a bang off the roof,so lucky escape!he phones the police immediatly an informs them of incident,and also points out,that the footbridge leads to tescos.he turns round at next junction,and goes to tescos.waits out side for 10 mins and said group of urchins stroll out.with the security guard makes a citizens arrest just as old bill arrive :smiley: .now heres the sad part.the company we work for have pulled him in,and basically given him a dressing down for bringing the company name into disrepute in public with his actions!!!as he was at the time in company uniform.he has ignored and refused to sign paperwork which says he understands he must never do this again,and should leave these matters to the authorities after reporting.now,how would the police have arrested the scrotes,if he hadnt gone and identified them? is it me?because personally,id have done more than just identify them! :imp:

Good on him I say :smiley:

I agree good for him.Its sounds like the company you work for Muppet’s they should be pricing him
not giving him a hard time.

well done said driver :wink: - whoosh nothing surprises me about our mob - run by a bunch of idiots(sorry university graduates) that don’t have a clue about the reality of hgv driving :angry:

infact its a good job it wasn’t me i have a bit of a short fuse when people throw things at me :smiling_imp:

it was the drivers fault for not dodging the thrown missile - i can picture the big wigs saying that actually :grimacing:

The Employer needs to rethink their
employee employee relationship,
As their present system is one that
will drop them into the proverbial,
Also some one should invite the
papers and/or the local radio/tv
station around to ask this Firm
certain Questions,

What would they have said
IF the lorry and Driver had
been hit and a serious
Accident in which lives
were lost or very seriously injuredâ– â– ?

Send me via PM a contact at the company that I can talk too, and lets see if we can use our leverage via this website and the printed magazines to make a small point - any information recieved will be kept totaly confidentail

What a way to treat a driver. :unamused:

Good on him I say too.

Also lock all scum like that up. :imp:

Fair play to him, many drivers would have battered the little sods to a pulp rather than get plod involved.

Shame on his company for giving him a warning for doing the right thing!

whooshwhoosh:
one of our drivers,a50 stoke ,longton area.drives under footbridge and watches as a group of teenagers throw an object at his cab,it bounces with a bang off the roof,so lucky escape!he phones the police immediatly an informs them of incident,and also points out,that the footbridge leads to tescos.he turns round at next junction,and goes to tescos.waits out side for 10 mins and said group of urchins stroll out.with the security guard makes a citizens arrest just as old bill arrive :smiley: .now heres the sad part.the company we work for have pulled him in,and basically given him a dressing down for bringing the company name into disrepute in public with his actions!!!as he was at the time in company uniform.he has ignored and refused to sign paperwork which says he understands he must never do this again,and should leave these matters to the authorities after reporting.now,how would the police have arrested the scrotes,if he hadnt gone and identified them? is it me?because personally,id have done more than just identify them! :imp:

When i was on the taxis, my mate got bricked on Wavertree road, he jumped out and grabbed one of them and took them to the police station. As he could nopt 100% say that the kid he nabbed was the actual kid that threw the brick, he was threatened with arrest him self. He had to apologise to the kids parents when they came to collect their kid.

Rikki says…we can make a small point…and i wouldn’t doubt it. Although there have been numerous campaigns by taxi drivers and bus drivers/companies here in Liverpool over the years, all to no effect. Doubtless there have been many similar ones across the country. Try by all means, don’t let me put you off.

If you’re up to it your better off sorting it out yourself.

this happened to 1 of my drivers police caught them and gave them warning.they where on bridge on a55 dustbin bag full of stones and sticks.put a dent on roof of truck. why bother reporting it if nothing gets done.

whooshwhoosh:
.now heres the sad part.the company we work for have pulled him in,and basically given him a dressing down for bringing the company name into disrepute in public with his actions!!!

No problem. Make loud noises about suing the employers as they’ve failed in their duty of care.

hows having [zb] wits arrested bringing the company into disrepute
the only ones who have done that is the company by its attitude to the driver
name and shame

lets not forgot the human rights of scrotes they were only havin a laff
there aint nuffin to do round Stoke
and other excuses for not kicking the crap out of them

censor dodge removed :wink: colingl

The driver did a good job in catching the scrotes, unfortunately the police and judicial system will almost certainly do nothing to punish the kids though, kids today laugh at the system and it’s not hard to see why :unamused:

It’s appalling that the company didn’t support the drivers actions but I wonder if they were concerned about the company image or the time it took the driver to catch the kids, even in these circumstances time = money to some companies :unamused:

I would be tempted to take a photo
of the chavs ,
And post it on the local forums etc…
and youtube etc…

It may be illegal to do it,
but its harder to get caught
(rather than punching them)

i,ll even create a false id on myspace called
Longton chavs , and post all their pictures,
so anyone searching for longton ,
would come across their pictures.
(maybe future employers etc…)

Most of us carry cameras ,
(on phones etc…)

Rikki-UK:
Send me via PM a contact at the company that I can talk too, and lets see if we can use our leverage via this website and the printed magazines to make a small point - any information recieved will be kept totaly confidentail

Spot-on & thanks: It might be me getting hit & I’d not think twice before summonsing an arrogant employer so publicly negligent …but it shouldn’t need to get that far.

The company’s attitude stinks.Would they feel the same way if the item had come through the windscreen,causing the driver to crash and damage their truck and delay their load??

Fair play to him. I know the very spot as I had a full can of lager thrown of the same bridge one night, luckily the windscreen held but had to be replaced. Phoned old bill and they sent someone out who told me it was quite a regular occurance on that bridge. This all happened 3 years ago so I see they still haven’t done anything to stop it happening, like putting a mesh all the way over the top of the footbridge to stop items been thrown over.

Shame on the company as well, this drivers actions have probably saved someone elses life, because you can be sure they would have thrown something else off.

I would have put a dent in their heads with my cab bar. Then thrown them off the bridge.

A couple of years ago the police caught a couple of kids in the act of throwing stones at vehicles leaving a motorway on the slip road from a footbridge, after one of my drivers was hit and reported it. The windscreen was shattered, and scarily the missile hit it right in the middle of the drivers view, had the object been slightly larger and gone through the windscreen the driver would almost certainly have been seriously injured.

The police were initially quite helpful but other than visiting the parents did not pursue a prosecution. I don’t blame them, they knew that a prosecution would be pointless as the courts wouldn’t impose any useful sanction.

Problem is the same footbridge is often used for this purpose, possibly by the same kids for all I know. This country has gone to the dogs, the chavs rule and honest hard working law abiding people are now second class citizens in their own country.