XPO nights, Terrible pay

These need boycotting 45 hours a week salaried …

:confused:

:laughing:

You will also receive holiday pay … :open_mouth:

Well, XPO has come to the European market and bought its way in…buying Norbert, which in turn had acquired a few on its way.

So, how do they make the profit to justify the premium price paid for the acquisition?

Oh, that’s easy…cut the wages, which are an overhead (and never mind the fact that the workforce was actually an asset to the company you acquired)

Reminds me of a pub I used to go to. The barmaid, who was witty, pretty and only slightly overweight, was the main reason most people went there (part of the entertainment was watching ‘new’ blokes who didn’t know the score trying to chat her up and getting shot down).

The pub got sold, and the new owners let her go…coz she was ‘an overhead’. The regular customers just drifted away because the place wasn’t the same without her. The pub went bust within a year.

22k a year…

Honestly isn’t that bad if they make it a 37.5 week. Sp you actually have a life.

You know it will be more like 55+ hours though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wiretwister:
If they get enough applicants of the quality they need then it’s fine. If they don’t it’s to low.

That’s the brutal truth. The area is hardly noted for high pay from the “logistics” companies.

Are there really that many loose truck licence holders floating around the rural areas oop narth?

I guess if you advertize a job like this, and 99 out of 100 would-be applicants pass it by as being “too crap” - it only takes one mug or one “grateful to get any job” type to take it up - to KEEP the pay “that low”…

If only our illustrious lawmakers could come up with a law that has a HGV licence as only have 4 notches on it rather than 12 like for everyone else…

Get caught by a speed camera - you’ve still got your licence.

Get 4 - 6 points for something more serious - your licence is gone for at least a year.

There are far too many firms out there still openly advertizing C+E work with the “6 points OK” proviso.

Wrong Wrong WRONG. :frowning:

Beetlejuice:

eagerbeaver:

Juddian:
Overtime rate kicks in after 55 hours? are they taking the ■■■■ :open_mouth:
I hope they attract the very people they deserve.

Not only that mate, but assuming they take 45 mins off you for break, the o/t only comes in after 58.75 hours :open_mouth: :unamused:

Let’s face it, who only want’s to do DOUBLE the hours that normal folk do before you get a decent rate ffs…

Blame the profit seeking accountants for that ,Most firms are doing this now ,You lose the OT in the break ,Surely you’d think that is ilegal ,But nope it is not … sad times …

How do you legally do overtime - on a base hourage of 55 hours? :confused: :confused:

Winseer:

Beetlejuice:

eagerbeaver:

Juddian:
Overtime rate kicks in after 55 hours? are they taking the ■■■■ :open_mouth:
I hope they attract the very people they deserve.

Not only that mate, but assuming they take 45 mins off you for break, the o/t only comes in after 58.75 hours :open_mouth: :unamused:

Let’s face it, who only want’s to do DOUBLE the hours that normal folk do before you get a decent rate ffs…

Blame the profit seeking accountants for that ,Most firms are doing this now ,You lose the OT in the break ,Surely you’d think that is ilegal ,But nope it is not … sad times …

How do you legally do overtime - on a base hourage of 55 hours? :confused: :confused:

Poa, paid breaks. Not difficult. I am paid 55-60 hours a week, excluding 45 minutes a day but ‘working time’ is 35 maybe 40 hours a week

Mazzer2:
The RHA is challenging the driver shortage head-on and is working tirelessly to come up with solutions that will make the role of a commercial vehicle driver more desirable.

This has to be an early contender for winner of talking crap 2019 never cared about drivers before so hardly going to start now

Ha, exactly!

They’re advertising for a powder tanker driver near me…for £8.64 :unamused:

Ours is never going to be a big bucks job, but simply looking at an hourly rate and pronouncing “crap” is disingenuous. Driving jobs are to varied to simply compare and judge.
As we all know, some (many? Most? ) drivers do the job ‘for the love of it’, don’t mind the long hours, because as we all know, there’s a big difference of spending 12-14 hours ‘out and about’, as opposed to being stuck behind a desk or at a machine on a conveyor for 8-9…

When considering the value of a pay offer, you need to look at two things. 1. Is the take home good for you? 2. Is the work/hours good for you?
If the answer to any of those is no, then the job is not good for you. If the answer is yes, then the job is good for you.

I could earn more than I earn now, but it would mean losing my four days at home on the trot. I’m not willing to give that up, so according to some, I must be paid “peanuts”.

Driving jobs are not like factory or office jobs. Or shelf stacking… it’s no good crying that “shelf stacking pays £££ more than driving”, when the shelf stacking job is only 20 hours a week… or worse, 0 hours contracted…

That’s shocking. How companies get away with doing over time after weekly hours rather than daily hours I don’t know. For example I get over time after 10 hours. So I could do 12 hours Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, then 8 hours on Friday, but for that I’ll be paid 48 hours basic and 8 hours overtime.

On the system where the company kicks in the overtime rate after 50 or 55 hours means you could do 15 hours Monday, 13 Tuesday, 13 Wednesday, 9 on Thursday, then 5 on Friday means you’d get no overtime that week even though you’ve been doing 15s and 13s. Joke. It’s companies taking the ■■■■ out of drivers.

DickyNick:
That’s shocking. How companies get away with doing over time after weekly hours rather than daily hours I don’t know. For example I get over time after 10 hours. So I could do 12 hours Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, then 8 hours on Friday, but for that I’ll be paid 48 hours basic and 8 hours overtime.

On the system where the company kicks in the overtime rate after 50 or 55 hours means you could do 15 hours Monday, 13 Tuesday, 13 Wednesday, 9 on Thursday, then 5 on Friday means you’d get no overtime that week even though you’ve been doing 15s and 13s. Joke. It’s companies taking the ■■■■ out of drivers.

We’re on overtime after 8 hours and paid through breaks. We guarantee 40 hours and guarantee the overtime is paid per day, so if you did 5 hours overtime on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Friday we said there’s no work go home after four hours, you’d get 40 on basic rate and 9 hours overtime. Double time on Sundays.

albion:

DickyNick:

We’re on overtime after 8 hours and paid through breaks. We guarantee 40 hours and guarantee the overtime is paid per day, so if you did 5 hours overtime on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Friday we said there’s no work go home after four hours, you’d get 40 on basic rate and 9 hours overtime. Double time on Sundays.

Christ mate. I bet you do other stupid stuff like speaking to folk with some respect and making sure the drivers can always have a pair of gloves etc.

What other wacky ideas do you implement? :open_mouth:

commonrail:

They’ll only get someone who wants the training, then once they’ve gained the experience they’ll be off, and that exactly how it should be.

Juddian:

commonrail:

They’ll only get someone who wants the training, then once they’ve gained the experience they’ll be off, and that exactly how it should be.

Which is why financially speaking it’s better to pay your drivers a decent rate then you aren’t forever spending money on recruiting and training.

eagerbeaver:
Christ mate. I bet you do other stupid stuff like speaking to folk with some respect and making sure the drivers can always have a pair of gloves etc.

What other wacky ideas do you implement? :open_mouth:

I pay for a flat for the Manc lads that work darn Sarf.

You can see why they are worried about whomever takes over from me :unamused: . Might be same terms for a year, but not sure they will last after the TUPE runs out :cry:

albion:

Juddian:

commonrail:

Which is why financially speaking it’s better to pay your drivers a decent rate then you aren’t forever spending money on recruiting and training.

Yup and you ain’t scraping the barrel of the desperate and otherwise unemployable prepared to work for that money, instead you are cherry picking. and if you pick well those cherries realise how fortunate they are and do their very best to make sure the job lasts forever…there you go rocket science :sunglasses: :laughing: