Workplace drink and drug testing

If you know your having a drug test, and your on prescription pain killers, eg codine, wait for the fun to start, then produce your prescription… :smiley:

Crushed codine will also set the drug swipes off, that customs use. Not good in the UAE or Dubai.

nedflanders:
if you in a toilet cubicle could you not flush the toilet and use the fresh water or is it a different cubicle they direct you to

Tester doesn’t allow you to flush the toilet. They also place a dye in the water so you can’t just scoop some out the pan.
Suspension with pay at our place if you fail won’t let you near a truck till lab results come in. Not uncommon for folk to take co-codamol on a Sunday night in preparation for the random tests on Monday morning.

Conducted a drugs test on one of ours not long ago after a tip off from a customer. The one and only time I’ve done a drug test, hair sample. Habitual user of crack cocaine. And I have no doubt about the veracity of the results.

kr79:

jbaz73:
You can buy clean ■■■■ off the net with just a quick google search for just such an occasion. In fact, you can sell your ■■■■ if it’s clean, where do you think it all comes from?

Not taking the ■■■■!

They measure the temperature so not sure how you would get round that one went in to a cubicle to go but was no door but blokes milling round so don’t know if you would of got away with getting a sample out.
My biggest problem was trying to go on demand

Simple really, it comes in a plastic sachet, you just shove it in your pants and presto! Body temperature!

I applied to amazon a while ago and seen more than a few do this. I failed the drug test, tested positive for heroin! Turns out codeine metabolises into morphine, and diacetalmorphine. Who knew? I could have produced a prescription that would have cleared things up, but after 5 hours treated like (and herded like) cattle, for some odd reason I decided I didn’t want the job, so I was happy to let them think whatever they wanted to, if it gave me an out.

Yet more evidence the more reliable workers out there (who don’t want or need this crap) will find themselves ever more irreplaceable.

Seriously people, what next? oh i’ll just smoke/inject/snort this ‘harmless’ mind altering drug, cos its my day off and after all i only drive a lorry for a living :unamused: …that’s what mind altering drugs do, rob you of common sense.
Jesus wept.

albion:
Conducted a drugs test on one of ours not long ago after a tip off from a customer. The one and only time I’ve done a drug test, hair sample. Habitual user of crack cocaine. And I have no doubt about the veracity of the results.

Aparently hair test can go back months since last use.
Saliva test is shortest window then blood or urine then hair

kr79:

albion:

It’s the gold standard for drugs test, cost me £450.00, but I wanted to be sure . Didn’t really think it would come back positive. Yes, it goes back a while, hence they could say it was habitual usage.

Alot of sites (unfact most) say at induction they conduct random D&A’s. I cna hand on heart say in 6 years ive never been pulled in for a random. Ive done plenty mandatory ones (the swap ones are utter dross, one made me out to be like Amy Winehouse )

To keep my PTS up I have to pay £50 every so often for the pleasure to pee in a cup

Juddian:
Yet more evidence the more reliable workers out there (who don’t want or need this crap) will find themselves ever more irreplaceable.

Seriously people, what next? oh i’ll just smoke/inject/snort this ‘harmless’ mind altering drug, cos its my day off and after all i only drive a lorry for a living :unamused: …that’s what mind altering drugs do, rob you of common sense.
Jesus wept.

Not a lot of difference to knocking back a bottle of vodka on Friday night.
Not every drug is crack or as adictive.

albion:

kr79:

albion:

It’s the gold standard for drugs test, cost me £450.00, but I wanted to be sure . Didn’t really think it would come back positive. Yes, it goes back a while, hence they could say it was habitual usage.

I daresay you’re not in the office right now… hope not!
But, what sort of accuracy do these drugs tests have?

The sort you used is clearly a more expensive one and would be uneconomic for screening, but have you any rough figures around?
I’ve had a quick look on t’web but not much real info I can see at a glance.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Juddian:

Jesus wept.

I think the point that was being made is that drug tests can be failed weeks after use when there is no possibility of impairment?

Harry Monk:

Juddian:

Jesus wept.

I think the point that was being made is that drug tests can be failed weeks after use when there is no possibility of impairment?

Yes that was my point. From what the bloke was saying a swab test of saliva which is what I believe the police use at roadside tests there is a shorter window of detection which I think is 24-36 hours for most drugs.
So even though the person may not be impaired it would be a bit more fair than the urine test

Franglais:

albion:

kr79:

albion:

The sort you used is clearly a more expensive one and would be uneconomic for screening, but have you any rough figures around?

The hair test is something like 99.99% accurate - put it this way, it would stand up in court if it was challenged.

Fortunately he fessed up when the results came back.

Harry Monk:

Juddian:

Jesus wept.

In my case, I wasn’t going to take chance on someone dragging a trailer round Europe with a load of hazardous on the back unsure if he was impaired or not.

albion:

Franglais:

albion:

kr79:

albion:

The hair test is something like 99.99% accurate - put it this way, it would stand up in court if it was challenged.

Fortunately he fessed up when the results came back.

99.99%
Thanks Albion.
Yep, guess that’s as good as it gets in the real world.

I’d guess (another guess) that the cheaper mass testing is less accurate.
I know that isn’t what you used, but any ideas on how good that is?

Sorry Framglais, never used it so I have no idea.

You worried? Too much red wine :laughing:

Hang on one ■■■■ minute until I digest this.
A security bloke on a site asked you to ■■■■ in a cup…■■■■ in a cup?? :open_mouth:
And you did it■■? :open_mouth:
Never mind their reasons for doing it, or whatever tf they were testing for. :unamused:
.Jeez H, it takes a lot to stun me about drivers and the job today, but seriously??

We’re on the second page of this thread and nobody has questioned the ■■■■ liberty and the sheer humiliation…
So not only do they consider us as ■■■■ on their shoes, we’re all ■■■■ crack heads now as well,… and nobody cares? :open_mouth:

FFS !.
No further comment,.
:unamused: :unamused:

albion:
Sorry Framglais, never used it so I have no idea.

You worried? Too much red wine [emoji38]

Ssshhhh !
Bank holiday today. Not worried about anything at all right now !

Early o’clock tomorrow? Hhmm.
Good job I’ve just a local pick up. Late start.
[emoji38]

On another note, I’m interested in this screening aspect. How many innocents are falsely accused of being “under the influence” or whatever?

OK, stories of people playing the system and getting a paid day off, but I’ve got some nagging doubts about it all… seems more serious to me than remote downloads of tachos or driver facing cameras.

Why? Because it seems less acccurate.
Cameras don’t lie. (Yeah, ok)
Tachos are accurate…
(again OK)
But cheap drug tests are not (seemingly) as accurate…

Lean towards a safe response?
OK.
But that’ll be abused and cost more. And there is no such thing as a victimless crime etc.

Sorry Albion, I went into full lecturing mode there!

robroy:
Hang on one [zb] minute until I digest this.
A security bloke on a site asked you to ■■■■ in a cup…■■■■ in a cup?? :open_mouth:
And you did it■■? :open_mouth:
Never mind their reasons for doing it, or whatever tf they were testing for. :unamused:
.Jeez H, it takes a lot to stun me about drivers and the job today, but seriously??

We’re on the second page of this thread and nobody has questioned the [zb] liberty and the sheer humiliation…
So not only do they consider us as [zb] on their shoes, we’re all [zb] crack heads now as well,… and nobody cares? :open_mouth:

FFS !.
No further comment,.
:unamused: :unamused:

No this was part of a full on induction with a medical and a few other checks was there about half a day doing some safety tests.
Got part 2 in a couple of weeks which gives 7 hours cpc training.
Certainly wouldn’t be ■■■■■■■ in a cup on the orders of some security man

I’ve snorted rails off a prozzies arse and drank pints at deliveries, never been tested once and the ‘Complience manager’ has alcohol testing kits on site, mind I’ve never crashed the leprechauns help me out there.