Drug & drink testing

i forgot to say i was back in the yard for 14.30 on monday & the gaffer pulled me into his office have a read @ that if yr happy sign the form,a geezer & an older female was sat in the nxt office blow into this mr biggin till i say stop she said… clear, matey boy then tells me to pick a ■■■■ pack, he stands outside the door,i pee into a small tub, & heyho away to test the ■■■■ we go… 2mins later CLEAR. i reckon they’re lookin to cut the wage bill, 1 warehouse fellow suspended on full pay for testing positive. :confused:

Consequences for non compliance ?

If this becomes more widespread then it’s something the unions need to sort out and get a standardized test by the same drug testing company.
So many grey areas.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … gs+testing

Some heated discussions here

failure to comply would treated as sumfink to hide, & a disciplinary :confused:

Lets say you go out on sunday and get rather tipsy.
You go into work monday morning.
They test you, and you show negative.
You then go down the road and plod tests you and you show positive.
Will the firm pay your wages for the next two years?
Will they keep your job open?
If they don’t agree to this then they can go [zb] themselves.

We truck drivers are always getting the p*ss took out of us. Anyway, if you get found with a positive drugs test, and you get sacked, you can always find employment at Castleford Tigers :laughing:

ah but you cant if your a big soft bast

I would refuse to do that as its against my human rights…serious…i wouldnt mind doing it if they used a bonafide company to test my urine, or breath…what next blood tests…■■?

These drug tests are known to give false positives, i saw a program called myth busters and the guy ate a lot of poppy seed covered buns, he then took a drug test and showed positive for opium and heroin use :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I wouldnt be happy taking one if that is a possible outcome.

mythbustersresults.com/pilot3

Time for the obligatory old chestnut.

“Drug testing? Cool! Can they check mine to make sure it’s nice and pure?” :blush: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing:

If it’s done by an outside company, on hiring, and no more than once a year or so on a random basis, and after accidents, then it’s fine by me.
But these companies should know they’re putting themselves into a legal minefield. Too many “Random” checks on one person could be grounds for constructive dismissal, and if they fire you for a false positive, similarly off to the tribunal.

Hectors-dad:
These drug tests are known to give false positives, i saw a program called myth busters and the guy ate a lot of poppy seed covered buns, he then took a drug test and showed positive for opium and heroin use :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I wouldnt be happy taking one if that is a possible outcome.

mythbustersresults.com/pilot3

No, it caused a postive result for Opiates, which doesn’t mean a postivie result for opium or heroin.

As said they’re found in poppy seeds, which lets face it, is not abundant in food. But presumably if you took some Kaolin & Morphine you’d test positive too. It has to be investigated if you were to test positive.

I don’t see a problem with it personally, as I don’t drink within 36hours of work and don’t do drugs of any kind and don’t have an addiction to poppy seed cake so would have no reason to test positive. I think anybody who objects to them on a limited basis, annually for example, has something to hide. If the tests show cannabis use there’s millions of people in this country who’d fail it, maybe that’s why theres such a negative reaction to the idea.

I think its a great idea, i lost my licence for drink driving over 10yrs ago for which im glad as it taught me a valuable lesson. If you have nothing to hide then whats the problem■■?