drug testing

hey all, just wondering if companys do drug testing in UK for new drivers? im a social green smoker but wondering if i should quit now so i got time to get it out of my system or some companys dont care? Im not a stoner just have a smoke some times to relax as i dont drink due to health reasons

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Only the big companies really do it. Supermarkets, parcel companies, stobarts etc…
You usually get an inital drug tes then if you have even a minor accident they make you do another one.

It’s a pain in the ■■■ so you might be better looking at smaller firms.

I was planning to go to Holland a little while ago but I didn’t want to be the only one out of the group who couldnt have a bit of weed. :laughing:

Drug drive+ drink drive both the same, I’m glad company’s take random drug test.

i only have the od spliff but my courier is more important so im just gonna not smoke anymore just incase.

ps: i would never smoke and drive same as i would never drink and drive

I’ve been agency for the last couple of years and I’ve had drug & alcohol tests from a few companies before they let me out on the road. I was chatting to a mate who is a transport manager and he sent someone home the other day for failing the alcohol test during the induction.

Even if the cpmpany you work for has no regular testing, you could go to another company for loading /tipping where they do testing.
If you’re on their premises they could ask you to submit to testing.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

westermant:
I’ve been agency for the last couple of years and I’ve had drug & alcohol tests from a few companies before they let me out on the road. I was chatting to a mate who is a transport manager and he sent someone home the other day for failing the alcohol test during the induction.

Hopefully he arranged for for that person to go home in a taxi or via some other means and not just let them drive home in a car?

Bit hypocritical of so…

When I worked for ND Belgium it was a condition of employment that you have to provide alcohol or drug sample if demanded at any of their depots.

toonsy:

westermant:

Hopefully he arranged for for that person to go home in a taxi or via some other means and not just let them drive home in a car?

Bit hypocritical of so…

Could just do the same as Police would do - give him the option of phoning a friend/taxi or allow him to sit somewhere out of the way until he provides a negative test. Treat the bloke as an adult, not some naughty child who needs to be protected from his own actions.

(There is of course another option that would really get the Walts creaming their undercrackers - leave him to his own devices to drive himself home but phone the cops with details of his car and destination…)

Judging by all the police areas that are conducting more and more drugs tests is it worth it ?
It seems to be a growth area for conviction , if you register at all when tested you become a regular target for being stopped and tested .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Part of my feel likes it’s a total liberty - if I go to the hospital for a routine operation can you imagine the consultants face if I explained I needed to check if he was high or drunk before he took a knife to me? My partner has never been drug or alcohol testes and works in that field. She doesn’t have to push a randomiser on the way out either - yes she has access to enough drugs to kill everyone on this forum, or keep all of us high as kites depending on what she wanted to knick.

However, it’s one of those things you have to roll over and accept. It’s rubbish and it stinks - but it’s not going away. In the grand scheme of things I can live with putting a swab in my mouth. I actually find them going through my bag when the light turns red much more offensive.

Drug tested at my place before an offer of employment is made and random testing is carried out through out the year.

Roymondo:

toonsy:

westermant:

Bit hypocritical of so…

Could just do the same as Police would do - give him the option of phoning a friend/taxi or allow him to sit somewhere out of the way until he provides a negative test. Treat the bloke as an adult, not some naughty child who needs to be protected from his own actions.

(There is of course another option that would really get the Walts creaming their undercrackers - leave him to his own devices to drive himself home but phone the cops with details of his car and destination…)

We’re talking an adult who turned up for work to drive a goods vehicle whilst still over the prescribed limit for driving.

And taking the original comment into consideration to just send him home of his own devices is a tad… irresponsible… if that was the unlikely case.

Imagine if something happened? It’s not worth the risk. Send them home or whatever but make sure they don’t drive home themselves.

toonsy:

Roymondo:

toonsy:

westermant:

Bit hypocritical of so…

We’re talking an adult who turned up for work to drive a goods vehicle whilst still over the prescribed limit for driving.

And taking the original comment into consideration to just send him home of his own devices is a tad… irresponsible… if that was the unlikely case.

Imagine if something happened? It’s not worth the risk. Send them home or whatever but make sure they don’t drive home themselves.

Do you realise how easy it is to get a false positive on these micky mouse drug tests? Especially as the people administering them are… amateurs.

If I was sent home and deprived of my vehicle because of a dodgy test I’d be furious.

Culina certainly do as would any of the group do.
Fail and you won’t even get a sniffer .
I know some companies do random screening so as you turn up for work you hit the random button green you pass red your tested . Hovis had a few caught like that

Are these companies for real?

Don’t they know these drugs are completely harmless, they complete your life, help you relax, clear your mind (whats left of it), even recommended for medicinal use, and should be legalised so the govt can rake in the tax benefits.
Many of the most vicious violent criminals have been shown to be regular cannabis users, which only goes to prove how beneficial to society at large legalising such drugs would be so more people could partake, utopia i tell you.

Yes that is pure sarcasm.

Jesus wept, just what sort of people are out there driving bloody lorries these days, i might have to give up mind altering drugs because i might get a random drug test, are YOU for real…man.

Actually if this is an example of what new drivers are like the the sooner all companies start regular in depth drug testing the better, by the way WTF is a ‘‘my courier’’ when its at home :unamused:

Juddian:

Don’t they know these drugs are completely harmless, they complete your life, help you relax, clear your mind (whats left of it), even recommended for medicinal use, and should be legalised so the govt can rake in the tax benefits.
Many of the most vicious violent criminals have been shown to be regular cannabis users, which only goes to prove how beneficial to society at large legalising such drugs would be so more people could partake, utopia i tell you.

Jesus wept, just what sort of people are out there driving bloody lorries these days, i might have to give up mind altering drugs because i might get a random drug test, are YOU for real…man.

Actually if this is an example of what new drivers are like the the sooner all companies start regular in depth drug testing the better, by the way WTF is a ‘‘my courier’’ when its at home :unamused:

Agree 100%, bang on, regardless of your reasons for smoking, it stays in your systems a whole lot longer than other recreational drugs so even if you think the “odd smoke” is ok and you think you may well be fine to drive it will show on tests, if you like the weed do me a favour and stay away from the driving…

Of course the irony for me is that as I’ve agreed with Juddian on something I might need some mind altering drugs… :grimacing:

Norfolkinclue1:

Juddian:

Agree 100%, bang on, regardless of your reasons for smoking, it stays in your systems a whole lot longer than other recreational drugs so even if you think the “odd smoke” is ok and you think you may well be fine to drive it will show on tests, if you like the weed do me a favour and stay away from the driving…

Of course the irony for me is that as I’ve agreed with Juddian on something I might need some mind altering drugs… :grimacing:

That’s the second time you’ve agreed with me by the way, that i know of, maybe there were more :sunglasses: , well done :smiling_imp:

Juddian:

Sorry mate. But I’m drug free. And am massively anti drugs - was a minor addict after getting giving loads of drugs by doctors after being badly burnt in an explosion.

I still don’t agree with being tested. My partner isn’t - and she can take a knife to you at work. My sister in law isn’t - and she audits big companies which we work for. If she messes up billions could be invested incorrectly. They are not tested as they are treated like competent professionals.

If Beth (oh no I’ve given her name) makes a mistake or something goes wrong in surgery, rather than drug testing her, she is offered a hug by her colleagues. And you know what… I don’t know a single one of her colleagues who would accept being told to urinate to prove they could do their job.

Let’s raise the bar and expect better. Let behave better and be better, but let’s not blindly accept junk.

Juddian:

ive been driving trucks for over 15 years, Im an aussie and you dont get drug tests unless you work in the mines, which i did for 10 years and left due to health, i was recomended weed (which is legal now in aus) and it helped me alot to get me back to full health again, i only have the odd spliff now and again but as im going back to trucking i wont be having any.

But i have to say thier alot of narrow minded people on here who dont know what thier talking about when it comes to pot. If you treat it like you wood alchol then its fine. But if you abuse it or do it during work you an idoit like you would be if you drank wich due to my condition i dont drink and i think people that do a stupid, when i wake up from a good night i dont have a hang over or feel sick, i wake up grate because ive had an awesome nights sleep, my injured knee and back dont hurt and i feel great.