Drug and Alcohol testing!

I visted a building site ,and the chap on the forklift unloading me,was telling me that they have random alchol and drug testing on the building site. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A nurse comes on site ,and if your called in the office they test “your ■■■■” . :unamused:

Dont ask me how!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If they started this at our yard there would be a good few drivers down the road :wink:

P45 in the post

Random testing at our place too

Been around for ages, The Olympic site were always testing people when the building was going on , on a daily basis too ! Good idea in my mind , who wants to work with someone who takes stupid risks.

Yep. Totally agree with you 3W.

Get people tested. And if they blow over, get rid.

Good idea,anybody objecting must have something to hide.

Random alcohol and drug testing is pretty common in the workplace nowadays.

A couple of places i have worked in the past have done this sort of thing.One used urine tests and the other would use a swab of saliva from inside your mouth.

In my opinion it’s a good idea but in practice these tests don’t tend to be very random.Both places i worked at would give you advance notice of a test which kind of defeats the object.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lolipop:

An interesting analysis mate. :neutral_face:
I’m gonna bite here. :unamused:
Can’t be arsed to repeat myself, so IF you’re interested have a shufti at page 3 ‘‘Drunk Stobby driver’’ thread…and believe me mate I have NOTHING to hide but disagree with it on principle strongly, for reasons stated in other thread.f

lolipop:

Totally agree. In fact I for one eagerly look forward to the day when firms can check a workers personal computer to see what websites he/she has visited. In fact I wouldn’t stop there; I’d quite happily let site security search my house and mount cctv in all the rooms. After all I have nothing to hide so why should I object?

My question to those who object to pre work breath tests; how does the company tell the difference between a driver who behaves and one who like a drink whilst driving?
If this equipment is being used by the company to protect themselves from idiots (and they are out there) then I have no objections.

lolipop:

:unamused: Stalin would have loved you,his job would have been so much easier

Lots of demolition and construction sites do it. If your company fail to many they get stopped from bidding for work. I know Kier give red cards for failing, and the alcohol limit is less then the drink drive limit.

I wouldn’t care IF I knew I was working somewhere this could happen. That way I could decide if the job was worth it or not…

I would have been ■■■■■■ in some of my former lives, I spent a good bit of time at work either blitzed from the night before, or hanging out of my ■■■. But I never died, nor killed anyone else.

The question I want answered, is “when are we going to test for terminal stupidity?” would save far more accidents from happening than making sure everyone is at 0.0 alcohol level.

PS I wouldn’t object to those blowy doodads being standard clobber on all cars and trucks going on the public road.

■■■■ tested to dress up like a village person and do bit of site work is a joke.

One British company I worked for requested me do do random breath test on one or more of the crew so I would ask for volunteers. Occasionally tested meself and usually ignored the result :wink:

Same old story just roll over and take it :open_mouth:

the maoster:

lolipop:

Totally agree. In fact I for one eagerly look forward to the day when firms can check a workers personal computer to see what websites he/she has visited. In fact I wouldn’t stop there; I’d quite happily let site security search my house and mount cctv in all the rooms. After all I have nothing to hide so why should I object?

:laughing: Yeh and me…thing is some would readily agree to all that, and more.
Not aimed at Maoster as I know he’s on a wind up…But.
I’d like to ask you ‘‘If you have nothing to hide why object’’ type guys.
How far do you take this theory,■■
What about a finger up the arse to check for drugs on a visit to your local boozer?
Or
Being searched when leaving your neighbour’s house in case you have nicked something?
What does it take before you say ‘‘Hang on a minute, my integrity and honesty is being questioned here, I’m totally offended, so go and ■■■■ yourself’’

Or in a work environment ''Hang on Ì’m a professional driver with an excellent record, if you think I’m ■■■■■■ and/or unfit to drive or enter your premises, ring the Police otherwise ■■■■ off"
Or do you guys readily bend over and part your cheeks at every whim of some ■■■■■■ who devises these schemes without question or resistance
This is why they do these things!!! :bulb: .

I doubt that most drivers are being brainwashed Rob. The problem is like everything else in life, it’s the minority that spoil things for the majority.

And with the greatest respect, you did say on here that you used to drink and drive. Fair enough you are older and wiser now, but I am sure there are plenty of drivers who do drive wagons the wrong side of 35 mg.

It’s not about questioning an individuals professionalism or integrity, employers have to take the law and H&S seriously, and where I am now you have to do a mouth swab and ■■■■ test and breath test before your assessment drive.

Loads fail it before they even get near the truck.

eagerbeaver:
I doubt that most drivers are being brainwashed Rob. The problem is like everything else in life, it’s the minority that spoil things for the majority.

And with the greatest respect, you did say on here that you used to drink and drive. Fair enough you are older and wiser now, but I am sure there are plenty of drivers who do drive wagons the wrong side of 35 mg.

It’s not about questioning an individuals professionalism or integrity, employers have to take the law and H&S seriously, and where I am now you have to do a mouth swab and ■■■■ test and breath test before your assessment drive.

Loads fail it before they even get near the truck.

Ok EagerB mate, wer’e just gonna have to agree to disagree on this.
I just think it’s an insult to a pro driver. I do get totally ■■■■■■ off when I see guys just take it, we will never be looked upon as pro.s , or treated as such, if we do not stand up for rights imo.

You know and I know that ‘‘They’’ (in most walks of life) think we are the underclass bordering on lowlife just because we drive a truck for a living, and it does my ■■■■ swede in when that sort of attitude is illustrated towards me.

I aint going to back pedal on the drink driving thing, what I will say the occasion I described on the other thread was not typical of me or habitual at that time, downright ■■■■ stupid, but I was only 21/22 no excuse but we all do all sorts of things different to then when we get older …and allegedlly wiser. :smiley:
All I can say is upholding the law is down to the Police, not a self appointed law enforcer.
As for your co’s policies, they do come across as a bit ott and heavy handed. I hope you are well paid to compensate for (again imo) the disrespect shown.

I agree with what you say in principle Rob. I have worked forP&H, Canute, Stobart’s, and Iceland. ALL have cameras fitted to their vehicles, but I would never work for anyone who had INWARD facing cameras. I don’t smoke, yet sometimes I have driven in cabs that reek of smoke and have fresh ■■■ burns in. In fairness to the employers, drivers know not to smoke in cabs, yet they simply ignore it. So some employers have had enough and funnily enough, these cabs never see a lit cigarette because its P45 TIME.

Drivers know not to drive over a legally prescribed limit, yet some do. Human beings naturally push their luck. But if you had to blow a breath test each morning, it would make drivers think twice because it could be P45 TIME.

We as drivers are our own worst enemy. As we have both agreed before, how can we be treated as professionals when we tailgate, hurl rubbish everywhere, chuck ■■■■ filled bottles all over the place, drive all over grassed areas and other crap behaviour.

In essence, some drivers CANNOT be trusted, which screws it up for decent drivers like you and I.

I agree with the drinking situation… How ever not drugs testing! I’ll hold my hands up to smoking weed when I was younger before anyone starts…(before I even passed my car test)

What you do in your own time is upto you, drugs can stay in your system for months apparently… Its upto you if you have a smoke or throw 10,000 pills down your neck on your own time (aslong as you aren’t going to work smashed out your face)

Roll on the verbal abuse :open_mouth:

yt03:
I agree with the drinking situation… How ever not drugs testing

Why, are you saying that one is worse than the other ? I f I got bowled arse over ■■■ by either a boozed up or high as a kite driver on drugs then I think the end result for me would be the same …