Drug and Alcohol testing!

raymundo:

yt03:
I agree with the drinking situation… How ever not drugs testing

Why, are you saying that one is worse than the other ? I f I got bowled arse over ■■■ by either a boozed up or high as a kite driver on drugs then I think the end result for me would be the same …

No… That’s not what I’m saying! You go into work and blow over the limit (fair enough you’ve obviously had a drink recently) drugs can be months in your system… You have 3 weeks off and decide to have a dabble and then 2 months down the line it can bite you in the ■■■? What you do in your time is up to you… As I said aslong it does not interfere with your work…

What if drinking was the same? It stayed in your system for months… And then you got breathalysed and it showed sometime within the last month you was plastered? It’s your time!

And my company does random d&d testing :-p

yt03:

raymundo:

yt03:

Why, are you saying that one is worse than the other ? I f I got bowled arse over ■■■ by either a boozed up or high as a kite driver on drugs then I think the end result for me would be the same …

No… That’s not what I’m saying! You go into work and blow over the limit (fair enough you’ve obviously had a drink recently) drugs can be months in your system… You have 3 weeks off and decide to have a dabble and then 2 months down the line it can bite you in the ■■■? What you do in your time is up to you… As I said aslong it does not interfere with your work…

What if drinking was the same? It stayed in your system for months… And then you got breathalysed and it showed sometime within the last month you was plastered? It’s your time!

If they was a more specific test (time wise) on drugs yes 100%

The big fuel, oil and gas refinery factories in France do alcohol testing before being allowed on site.
The ladies in the office tell you to blow in the machine, if over the limit, you park up for 8 hours and the Gendarmarie are not called.

I agree with the idea completely. As I understand it however there is a problem with some of the drug testing methods used, which I was warned about by the company introducing testing of its drivers. These can immediately pick up on traces of chemical in the body and flag up a fail, it is only later, when the specimen gets to the laboratory, that the offending chemical is identified as a properly prescribed drug for a medical condition, neither of which have any bearing upon the individual’s ability to drive etc.

I don’t mind delivering stuff to places, and I can just about tolerate sitting on a plastic chair drinking vending machine coffee all afternoon watching endless repeats of “Homes under the Hammer”, but anyone who told me that I have to ■■■■ in a plastic cup for the privilege of being on their premises is very quickly going to be told to go do one.

yt03 … I get you now, I have my own B/A tester and I wont drive until I see a zero reading and I’m not or ever have been inclined to take illegal substances so please excuse my ignorance.

eagerbeaver:
I doubt that most drivers are being brainwashed Rob. The problem is like everything else in life, it’s the minority that spoil things for the majority.

And with the greatest respect, you did say on here that you used to drink and drive. Fair enough you are older and wiser now, but I am sure there are plenty of drivers who do drive wagons the wrong side of 35 mg.

It’s not about questioning an individuals professionalism or integrity, employers have to take the law and H&S seriously, and where I am now you have to do a mouth swab and ■■■■ test and breath test before your assessment drive.

Loads fail it before they even get near the truck.

+1

robroy:
I just think it’s an insult to a pro driver.

The result of a minority of them taking the ■■■■ and driving when unfit and people refusing to tell the bosses or phone the police because they’ve still got the mentality of the school playground and don’t want to be thought of as a grass.

raymundo:
yt03 … I get you now, I have my own B/A tester and I wont drive until I see a zero reading and I’m not or ever have been inclined to take illegal substances so please excuse my ignorance.

Glad you get me now, I wasn’t saying I agree with drugs’ just dont agree with the method of which they can say you’ve touched drugs…

yt03:

raymundo:

yt03:

In all fairness the only way any drug will stay in your system for months at a time as you say is if your a habitual user.

The scenario you describe as in deciding to have a dabble on your days off would see any trace of drugs gone from your urine or saliva in a matter of hours.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeakFreak81:

yt03:

raymundo:

yt03:

In all fairness the only way any drug will stay in your system for months at a time as you say is if your a habitual user.

The scenario you describe as in deciding to have a dabble on your days off would see any trace of drugs gone from your urine or saliva in a matter of hours.

Maybe so mate, I’m not really sure on lengths of time stuff stays in your DNA but if they is a test to show Joe blogs shoved loads of coke up his nose 10 hrs ago, yes he is a danger and he should get thrown in the rubbish heap as he will be clearly a danger…

Harry Monk:
I don’t mind delivering stuff to places, and I can just about tolerate sitting on a plastic chair drinking vending machine coffee all afternoon watching endless repeats of “Homes under the Hammer”, but anyone who told me that I have to ■■■■ in a plastic cup for the privilege of being on their premises is very quickly going to be told to go do one.

Absolutely!!.
I’m assuming (maybe wrongly :blush: ) you are around the same age as me Harry.
Maybe it’s a generational thing.
We and drivers like us have been just gradually drip fed all this type of ■■■■■■■■, that has crept into the job over the last 30 or so years (even the last 10) trackers, cameras, being watched and checked on while being spoon fed by a …‘‘planner’’ :unamused: 13 hours a ■■■■ day, and all the rest of it that has almost ■■■■ ed this job up for a driver.
Where as some of these guys know nothing else as it has always been the same to them. If you chuck into, and add to the equation a lot of these guys never answer back and willingly take any crap dished out to them, not only that but …embrace it :open_mouth: here we have the neo Stalinist system that it has almost become today, where you can not scratch your arse without someone knowing, talking about and worse reporting.

So I will just crack on in my own way and display to these ■■■■ that come up with these schemes to ‘‘keep us in our place’’
(looks like they are succeeding reading some posts :unamused: )
that I aint taking these ■■■■ s seriously.

Happy trucking. :unamused:

Also can I just add to avoid confusion I deplore drink/drugs driving, but as I keep saying…It is the job of The Police to monitor and uphold it.!!! :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

robroy:
Also can I just add to avoid confusion I deplore drink/drugs driving, but as I keep saying…It is the job of The Police to monitor and uphold it.!!! :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

What police? Most road enforcement is done by camera these days. Great to catch the uninsured/no MOT/ speeders, but without plods eye on the road there isn’t a way to catch drunk/drugged drivers.
The drunk driver who hit my car had already driven five miles before going the wrong way round a roundabout and hitting me. He was nearly four times over the limit. If he hadn’t hit me, how far would he have got? All the way home?

[/quote]
Maybe so mate, I’m not really sure on lengths of time stuff stays in your DNA but if they is a test to show Joe blogs shoved loads of coke up his nose 10 hrs ago, yes he is a danger and he should get thrown in the rubbish heap as he will be clearly a danger…
[/quote]
I agree anyone impared through drink or drugs shouldn’t be driving but what isn’t widely known is that drugs testing used by company’s and the ones used by the police test for enzymes in saliva and urine that are by products the body produces to break down the drugs in your system and will be there long after the drugs will cause any imparement.
Cocaine and mdma (ecstacy) will be traceable up to 3-5 days depending on amounts taken and weight metabolism etc same as alcohol. Cannabis can be detected for a number of weeks after using it and Is sadly why heroin use Is so widespread in prison as that is only detectable for 24 hours or so despite been a much worse drug in the harm it can do.
However this doesn’t tie in with government and daily mail agenda of all drugs are bad so we need all this stuff to make the world a safer place while most of them are shoveling columbias finest up there nose

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

What police? Most road enforcement is done by camera these days. Great to catch the uninsured/no MOT/ speeders, but without plods eye on the road there isn’t a way to catch drunk/drugged drivers.
The drunk driver who hit my car had already driven five miles before going the wrong way round a roundabout and hitting me. He was nearly four times over the limit. If he hadn’t hit me, how far would he have got? All the way home?

Maybe so, and I tend to agree with you the level of actual ‘policing’ is grossly inadequate.
However that does not give every wannabe copper or self appointed law keeper the licence to go around thinking they are righting the wrongs of this world in their usual self satisfied smug type of way (as these type of arse wipes generally do) this will only exacerbate the situation.
I have not got the answer to your situation mentioned, but Robo cops in every walk of society is not the answer.

Okay lets clear up a thing or two. I work in construction and we do a lot of work on Motorways and Railways. D & A testing is the norm NOT the exception. As a manager I not only test staff (and yes it is randomly) but am tested myself. In addition almost every induction for a highways/railway job involves testing prior to start on site and is then carried out randomly throughout the contract. I have been known to have 3 in a day on 3 different sites.
The P test or mouth swab will only detect RECENT drug use. Historical drug use can only be detected by blood or DNA. If someone test positive for drugs it is highly likely they have been smoked/ingested within the previous 24 hours.
These are to protect everyone. Would you want some random coked up idiot on a D6 next to a live carriageway?
Drug use is not a lifestyle choice. It is illegal. Any of our staff failing a test without good reason are dismissed immediately. The only good reason for failure would be prescription medication which should always be declared.
If you are fit to drive a 44t truck you should have no problem passing a company D & A. If you don’t you shouldn’t be behind the wheel.

i know many good Drivers i would employ without thinking. They have no problem with Reversing and just going on with there Work without complaining all Day long. You also can go with them for a Pint.
Then i know Drivers who need a Hour to get the Trailer to a Bay,judge everything with H&S Book,complain against every Hardship put drink absolute no Alcohol. (Were against H&S )
I dont drink much Alc and dont like Drunks. But i dont think a Pint a few Hour before Work makes a good Worker bad. I also dont think no Alc drinking makes a helpless Worker an Professional.
I think thats just a Fashion as with the differend Colours of the Hard Hats and HiVis. They are not suddenly safer if you swap Colour. Just shows the Head of Side has no other Ideas.

Nessa:
Historical drug use can only be detected by blood or DNA.

No such thing as a DNA test for drugs.

Mike_:

Nessa:
Historical drug use can only be detected by blood or DNA.

No such thing as a DNA test for drugs.

Probably meant a hair follicle test…