Wincanton transport+ milk tankers

are transport offices the same the world over !!

Wessex milk Gloucester

KYC 178V. . london based fod
2012-06-16 12.55.24.jpgen coupled to a 3000 gallon tank.h

Did you go to Staplemead creamery at Oldford,near Frome?

i loaded out of express dairy in frome, that was in the 70s.

It has changed a lot now,huge new building,not sure if it is still Arla foods or not,as see Arla fleet on the trading estate in Frome next to JR Hardings yard.

i did hear a few years back arla were run. ng from there. . ive not been around that way for a long time, all my driving is in london now (taxi driving)

[attachment=0]2012-06-17 12.47.46.jpg[/attuachment]wincanton chilled distribution

2012-06-17 12.47.46.jpg

2012-06-17 14.48.19.jpgljas its fathers day heres one the oldman drove.

Bedford TL . . farm tanker.

2012-06-19 10.39.05.jpg

Just a blast from the distant past, summer of 1960 I drove several Bedford five tonners with petrol or P6 engines on churn collection from farms, from the Daws Creameries dairy in station road in Totnes. I was about 18 at the time and the wagons weighed in under 3 tons unladen so could be driven on a car licence.

I would estimate there were about 30 farm collection vehicles there all in green livery doing two runs a day each about 50 miles into south and mid Devon.

There were also creameries at Torrington, Saltash and Lostwithiel, all served by a fleet of 8 wheelers like Apollo taking milk up to London.

Finally there is an excellent book, “Wheels of the West” with several pages devoted to Wincanton, its available from WHOTT Sales, contact Alan Bedford on 01 363 776 091 or go online.

thanks for that info . . ive heard of those creameries/daires. . never been :confused: to any of them tho. . too far for us london drivers . i think wincanton made there last churn collection in the mid 70s. perhaps someone will put me right on that !

another nice B series . although not on milk.

revman:
Wessex milk Gloucester

I drive for dairy crest Gloucester out of stone house you in there often cheers graham

hello graham . . im not on the tankers now(london cab driver) . i used to load out of stonehouse in the late 70s when it was MMB. i hear that its a massive place now !

Two pictures of a Wincanton motor on contract to Texaco now known as Chevron, photo taken on pops truckstop at Lymm.

jimcab:
hello graham . . im not on the tankers now(london cab driver) . i used to load out of stonehouse in the late 70s when it was MMB. i hear that its a massive place now !

Hi jim extending all the time fenstanton closing down foston chadwell Heath and stone house will take on the extra work around 80 trucks double shifted 24/7 mainly delivering into waitress sainsbuys lidal morrisons cheers graham

A couple you might remember

thanks for the pics mate . .the F10 looks nice, alas on the milk we only had ERF and FODEN.

sleeper cabbed ‘C’ series.

2012-06-16 12.55.52.jpg