on the milk

Some of mine.

wrighty:
Some of mine.

I see them coming into London, tipping at “freshways” in Acton.

Yes Jimcab we go into Acton everyday, I’m sat at Lockerbie writing this whilst waiting to load buttermilk…

Cheers Wrighty

Wilts United Dairies at Weston Staffs

Wilts United Dairies Uttoxeter

Tony

Uttoxeter 1925.jpg

Uttoxeter 1925.jpg

Milk Wagon Uttoxeter.jpg

great pictures rastone…my old man was a tanker driver for united dairies, before the merger with cow & gate…

jimcab:
great pictures rastone…my old man was a tanker driver for united dairies, before the merger with cow & gate…

Do you think he would remember a chap called Frank Castle who drove a Scammell and Peter Stubbs and Frank’s son Frank in the garage.He had another son called Ted who didn’t work there so perhaps his name was Ted.Anyway there was a lot of Uttoxeter people employed there and a sad time when they did.I used to catch the Derby train from the station there and noticed the pipelines going over the road to the rail tankers.
There was a milk train that went to Stafford on a single line picking up milk from some old stations on the way including Weston.There was another branch at Ellastone and Egginton ( which served Derby and Nottingham.)

Tony

rastone…my father was based in London. …I remember him running up to Uttoxeter. …and I did also a few years later…by then it was "Unigate "…then MMB…and the unigate fleet were run by Wincanton

jimcab:

Nice picture that,I suppose it would have painted Grey then

Tony

wartime grey !!..about early 60s they went to orange…I think ?

1500 gallon tank

a bit before my time