Wincanton/Great bear Sheffield

Hi

Just after the usual info about the above 2 companies based in Sheffield.

Im aware pay will differ between depots hence the reason ive specified Sheffield. I believe Wincanton is containers and i presume its based near the freight terminal where they run the M & S contract
im not aware of any other depots in Sheffield. Ive done a bit of agency work for Wincanton out of Doncaster and always enjoyed it.

Ta in advance

Not sure where Wincanton is based, I know a mate phoned about a job there, and the money was pretty poor.

If its not already been mentioned Wincanton have just lost the Wavin contract (Edlington & Crowedge) to XPO

Great Bear / Culina generally seem a decent company to work for, no hassle and lots of time to do the job. They do like you to stick by the rules inc WTD and more than 2 proper tacho infringements even as agency is questioned.

Not sure what trucks Sheffield runs but Kegworth was all new Volvos and all Great Bear ones seem to be pretty new whatever type.

I think Sheffield seems to do Nestle and Mars stuff so everything from water to cat food when i pulled for them via agency. Very very easy and many there seemed to just trailer swap.

GB pay generally seems to be about £12 hour std and £14 at night from what i was told but might depend on contract. I waiting for 2 years on licence as that a requirement for non agency. :frowning:

Cant commemt on Wincanton.

Great Bear,Sheffield id Haribo,Mars and Nestle, just down the road at 29a its womens toys. Dont know about the money but the lads at Sheff seem happy enough and shall we say, never in a hurry.

Wincanton containers is based at the truckstop off the M1. Just parking, no office there just a key box. You are run from Head office buy a planner with an incab handheld device. Think most of it is tramping. I have done agency work there about 18 months ago. Easy work, containers from Donny mainly to wherever they are going, odd trips to Liverpool/Trafford/Felixtowe. Can’t say anything definate on money as I got agency rate, drivers I spoke to weren’t happy but are we ever. Containers is never the best paid, but you do spend a lot of hours on the bed.

Thanks for the input, ill apply for them both and see how i go. Ive been dipping my toe in for a couple of years now doing class 1 work at weekends whilst holding down a full time job. Im thinking of going full time doing class 1 work ive already been offered Maritime but wasn’t ready to pack the day job in at the time. I may gave them a call and see if they are still interested. Such a tough decision! especially when you read all the negative posts on here.

think wincanton base a few trucks in old wincanton depot at helaby off junction 1 M18 on container work had a mate work for them that’s where he parked up at weekend