Will it go?

Yes…

In my sisters Vauxhall Agila.

Agency.

No doubt one of the latest breed of steering wheel attendants with an all-singing all-dancing Tomtom or Snooper. I’ll bet my house that the driver’s answer when questioned WTF he was doing would have been “my satnav sent me this way”. That’s if he spoke English …which is increasingly unlikely.

Take it at 56mph to make sure it goes [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Well there’s only one way to find out…

google.co.uk/maps/@51.46224 … 312!8i6656

Take the bull by the horn…wonder if the black post round the corner was a casualty.

You can see why he give it a go and didn’t just reverse back the way he came…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a douche… If he went full throttle and took a building with him then at least the next artic would of got through fine.

Yes its the drivers fault but lets not forget though that there are firms that pay drivers less then minimum wage and often employ drivers who can’t speak a word of English. Driving a truck like that is a skilled job, if you want to reduce the job to steering wheel attendant then this is what you pay for in a lot of cases.
Maybe I am just using this case to further my own agenda but I think there is a reason Stobarts are so well known for hitting bridges and I have no doubt it is linked to the often poor wage they pay.

adam277:
What a douche… If he went full throttle and took a building with him then at least the next artic would of got through fine.

Yes its the drivers fault but lets not forget though that there are firms that pay drivers less then minimum wage and often employ drivers who can’t speak a word of English. Driving a truck like that is a skilled job, if you want to reduce the job to steering wheel attendant then this is what you pay for in a lot of cases.
Maybe I am just using this case to further my own agenda but I think there is a reason Stobarts are so well known for hitting bridges and I have no doubt it is linked to the often poor wage they pay.

Not sure if a truck driver who could speak English would of made it either tbh.

xichrisxi:
just reverse back the way he came…

+1…

Over the years doing farms and other middle of nowhere places, I’ve had to get out and ask the car behind to back up. The secret is remembering your last turn around point.

My best was over a mile in reverse once.

More and more I’m seeing this on the roads, can it not be beyond the wit of anyone, regardless of ethnicity to even glance at a map book or google earth■■?
With todays tech available to to everyone, why are companies still putting up with their trucks being lambasted all over the press for hiring complete uneducated illiterate
*&@& wits!
I know its all about money and profits for the shareholders but even they must surely realise that the paying of peanuts can only end in tears, alarm, despondency, and confusion when
our peers (DVSA) start asking embarrassing questions.
However, i do make a point of reading up on recent bridge strikes, stuck veh’s, and bumps…helps to keep me aware of what can happen if you start to take things for granted!

xichrisxi:

adam277:

Not sure if a truck driver who could speak English would of made it either tbh.

Well.

yourhavingalarf:
Over the years doing farms and other middle of nowhere places, I’ve had to get out and ask the car behind to back up. The secret is remembering your last turn around point.

My best was over a mile in reverse once.

Bit hard to ask for help if you can’t speak English.
I’m not saying you need to speak English to drive on UK roads but in my firm at least the guys that speak English do the day work and the guys that cant do the trunking on nights…

I am sure most of us have asked for directions and have been assured its a good route for lorries, only to find if you are lucky that you can just about squeeze through…

Dave…

dave docwra:
I am sure most of us have asked for directions and have been assured its a good route for lorries, only to find if you are lucky that you can just about squeeze through…

Ive had someone say to me before “yeah you should get turned ok in there”
My reply of “Should? Shoulds no use to me mate” wasnt what he wanted to hear.

If I found meself heading into a street like the one in xichrisxi’s photo, I’d have been getting very suspicious about what it was like for getting out of. I learnt my lesson at the grand old age of 21 in north London when I had to reverse an artic down what seemed to be a really long street with cars parked both sides and two bends in the road. Never again.

That moment when the sudden realisation dawns that it doesn’t matter how much they reduce the cut in,by putting more on the rear over hang,at the end of the day it’s still a 45 ft trailer. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

While ironically I’d guess there’d be more chance of making that type of turn if the axles were right at the back of the trailer thereby allowing the unit to go in wider and then turn at a sharper L shaped angle to the trailer,across the junction where the people are standing.While less cut in at the expense of more tail sweep just combines the worst of all worlds of a rigid and an artic.

Rob K:
No doubt one of the latest breed of steering wheel attendants with an all-singing all-dancing Tomtom or Snooper. I’ll bet my house that the driver’s answer when questioned WTF he was doing would have been “my satnav sent me this way”. That’s if he spoke English …which is increasingly unlikely.

you really do seem to have an issue with non English speaking people.

adam277:

Sorry, Truck driving is not a skilled job, any one can drive a truck… its only the negative shown, I do not know how many trucks are on the road daily in the UK. If you work out the %, it is more than likely 0.002% of incidents, which are noted, you will get millions of miles from drivers with no issues.

In relation to the speaking of English… nothing to do with the English speaking driving a truck is easy and a low skilled job.