Why no Scania 7.5 tonner?

Cheers

I’d love a Scania or Volvo work van to compete with the transit. Ford have really dropped the ball with reliability and quality in recent years.
I might get a sprinter but not a big fan of Mercedes-Benz.

Scania make a good coach, had a short drive in a Scania Enviro 400 double decker last year but they can’t be that good as Stagecoach are getting shot of the Scanias…
My present coach is an 03 plate Scania and it flies along - overtakes the National Expresses :open_mouth:

If Scania made a 7.5tonner, you could put two, maybe three Isuzus on the road for the same price.

NB12:

RB84:
To my mind there’s not many Volvo 7.5t’s about either. As said, other makes have the market covered so possibly not worth branching out into it.

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

It was quite heavy compared to the lightweight competition i seem to remember…

adam277:
I’d love a Scania or Volvo work van to compete with the transit. Ford have really dropped the ball with reliability and quality in recent years.

MAN do a van now , but it’s probably a rebadged Crafter as their part of the V.A.G group

A MANvan…

But in these days of political correctness a LGBTMANvan.

:unamused:

blue estate:

adam277:

MAN do a van now , but it’s probably a rebadged Crafter as their part of the V.A.G group

It is; I saw it on display at Truckfest Kent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DAF95XF:
Scania make a good coach, had a short drive in a Scania Enviro 400 double decker last year but they can’t be that good as Stagecoach are getting shot of the Scanias…
My present coach is an 03 plate Scania and it flies along - overtakes the National Expresses :open_mouth:

Could just be that they’ve got a good deal out of a rival make’s dealership. Very often the dealership accounts for the popularity of a make of truck in a particular area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volvo used to sell the Mitsubishi Canter until Daimler Chrysler stepped on their toes, now they are sold by Mercedes Benz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

NB12:

RB84:
To my mind there’s not many Volvo 7.5t’s about either. As said, other makes have the market covered so possibly not worth branching out into it.

Was the FL4 a 7.5t

It was quite heavy compared to the lightweight competition i seem to remember…

Because it was essentially a down-plated 10 or 12 tonner. Struggled to take a 3 tonne payload which really should be the benchmark unless you’re doing removals and suchlike.

I think that looks nice
interior is even better

I always liked the MAN trucks only issue I had with with the one I drove was that it liked to change up the gears (auto) when going up a slight gradient or when you needed more power. I also loved the amount of places to put stuff and the amount of cup holders. Both of which are lacking in my Scania which has 0 cupholders. :angry:.

I had a old smiley transit that was insanely reliable only issue it had was rust. With the new transits I’m always running into issues.

GORDON 50:
DAF never really produced a 7.5t either years ago, don’t remember if the Leyland Roadrunner had a DAF badge, but it wouldn’t really count.
I know there’s the Renault cab version now but not a real DAF in my eyes.

The Roadrunner was badged Leyland ,The LF is a UK designed /built vehicle ,with the Renault cab

Daf did make 7.5 tonner in the 70’s using a smaller club of 4 F7 cab was never sold in the U.K. though

Because Scania make real trucks, not noddy lorry’s.

RB84:

Don’t volvo push izusu in that market

blue estate:

Beau Nydel:
Cos by the time you’d loaded it up with all the tat that a Scabbier driver thinks is essential to daily life ie 16 light bars, 20 metres of frilly curtains, shiny dustbin lids to hide the rusty wheels, the lengths of 6in drain pipe painted silver glued to the back of the cab or even worse running down the length of the chassis etc etc you wouldn’t be able to carry a load!

And where would they put the V8 badges

SUPER [emoji23]

From what I remember the F4 and FL4 couldn’t pull a ■■■■■■■■ out of a bowl of rice pudding

and from what I remember of the one we had at swifts , too heavy for a 7.5

Back in 1990 before I was a “proper” truck driver,I drove for a plumbers merchants who had a 7.5 t fl6.
It had a heavy 22ft wooden dropside body and weighted just under 5t empty.
It was a total nightmare keeping it legal when loading anything other than plastic pipe.