Is there a New scania coming?

I am just wondering if anyone has heard or saw sneak previews ?
Haven’t heard or saw anything reported in any mags,
Just with there being new mercs,Dafs,Volvos & ivecos (even if they are just new faces)
Scania seams to me to be still holding on to the same shape it’s had in the last decade !
Not saying its a bad thing just more curious ,

They did a face lift in 2010 and these models are much better than the 59 the ones with the round grill vents, so of scania is producing somthing new it will probably be at the end of this year at least.
Cheers

That YouTube clip was a college project for a design student in turkey. It was in commercial motor last year and has nothing to do with scania

Scania, like MAN and Iveco, had a cabshell that was already suitable for Euro 6 with only minor changes to allow extra cooling.

Mercedes needed a completely new truck (cabs and engines) to meet Euro 6.

Volvo/Renault and DAF have had to make major changes to suit the Euro 6 engines, but the cabs are still based on the old designs to a lesser or greater extent. DAF has actually produced a new chassis (wider at the front) to contain the huge cooling system that’s needed for Euro 6, and sat the old cab on it with a new front panel that’s more hole than solid to flow enough air.

Be at least a few years till we see a new scanny I’d say.

Yes there is,i went on the app store and downloaded “trucker”,a German truck drivers magazine and it shows on the front what they think maybe a face lifted Scania although my German is terrible i can’t really say what they saw of it.

This might answer your question .

youtube.com/watch?v=sJRjidEQyyU

Same cab new engine.

That’s getting on for two years old.

You can have that engine now, if you want it. But no one does in the UK, as there is no worthwhile incentive for early adopters of Euro 6 (unlike Germany, Switzerland and some other nations).

When Scania dropped their numbered ‘series’ (1, 2, 3, 4) they said that there would be periodic incremental improvements in the future rather than complete new models. So, we have a three-year-old cab, a two-year-old gearbox and a one-year-old engine family.

Which is great for them, but complicates the used truck market a bit and makes sourcing non-genuine parts difficult too. Not that Scania is at all worried about the last two, mind.