New Scania

Hi all. Haven’t been on here for a while. Anyway, are Scania releasing a new truck cos the other day I seen one going into Langdons in Bridgwater pulling one of their trailers, and it looked heavily disguised?

Saw it pulling a wrings trailer the other week.

It looked like this:

ScaniaSpyShot1-1.jpg

Yes official release date Aug 23rd, seen for 1st time without the disguise panels, no change to drive line.

Wrings have had one on loan for evaluation, I think I have seen Gregorys one also or at least one pulling one if their trailers.

Not seen either for a while though,

Ah yes, the long lost last batch of ERF cabs that Scania found and are about to launch in Britain.

Form an orderly queue boys…

the nodding donkey:
Ah yes, the long lost last batch of ERF cabs that Scania found and are about to launch in Britain.

Form an orderly queue boys…

LMFAO :smiley:

So, still the same dreadful chassis then. Sooooooooo overated.

Hoggydog:
Wrings have had one on loan for evaluation, I think I have seen Gregorys one also or at least one pulling one if their trailers.

Not seen either for a while though,

See the Gregory one floating around a lot.

Hope scania don’t change much, if it ain’t broke…

A.

WTF are those mirrors a joke? one thing about present Scanny mirrors is that you don’t get serious bloody blind spots because of them being separates.

Did they employ the cleaner who nailed on the wardrobe door jobbies to previous gen Volvo FM/FH’s and let him loose on this new mirror design, you could lose a bloody battle cruiser behind those.

Juddian:
WTF are those mirrors a joke? one thing about present Scanny mirrors is that you don’t get serious bloody blind spots because of them being separates.

Did they employ the cleaner who nailed on the wardrobe door jobbies to previous gen Volvo FM/FH’s and let him loose on this new mirror design, you could lose a bloody battle cruiser behind those.

Really? I can see the truck, and a battle cruiser is a lot bigger than a truck.

This’ll be the one Wrings have been using

image.jpeg

And I was having a chat with the driver of this tipper a few months back…wouldn’t/couldn’t say much about it as they had to sign ‘an official secrets act’ allegedly but did say it was loaded with cameras/microphones etc etc for recording/data gathering purposes…he wasn’t to keen on me climbing up the steps and peering in either…no pictures allowed and when it was time for him to take part of the load half mile down the road, one of the foremen said he’d show him where to go, he got told that he wasn’t allowed any passengers blah blah and then said it was a £28million prototype!

Funny you should say that about the driver not wanting you to look inside 'cos I was on the next bay at Bridgwater to the Langdons one, the driver obviously mistook my comment of “that being one seriously fugly truck” as an invitation to tell me all about it. He went on to say that I wasn’t allowed to look in it but as I was sighing theatrically and placing my finger on the line of the book I was reading everytime he talked I don’t think that he had much to worry about.

It’s a truck , what more is there to know ?

It is bloody ugly and does look like an old ERF as already mentioned. Hopefully the real thing will look better cos some of the pictures of what people are anticipating it may look like are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Its a lot lower getting towards refuse cart height, even on the raised suspension of the tipper its still low. Doesnt look like a ■■■■■■ ERF though, more like a DAF copy.
The current highline cabs though are ridiculously high and the drag co efficient has got to be pretty high, makes my FH look low when sat side by side, at least it looks as though Scania are addresing this though and will most likely pass off onto the highlines with a lower profile…

Didn’t Porsche have a major shareholding in Scania?

If so maybe they’ll have the same design team, it’s not like the 911 design team is exactly overworked, so maybe it’ll look exactly the same as the old one, while the marketing department tries to convince us that every panel have been redesigned. :laughing:

muckles:
Didn’t Porsche have a major shareholding in Scania?

If so maybe they’ll have the same design team, it’s not like the 911 design team is exactly overworked, so maybe it’ll look exactly the same as the old one, while the marketing department tries to convince us that every panel have been redesigned. :laughing:

What ever it’ll look like, you can guarantee three things

1/ It will actually look exactly the same, but more swedishness on the mirrors.

2/ It will cost a fortune. Because you’re buying pure Swedishness and the promise that if you drive this machine, you too could have a blonde with pointy ■■■■ sucking on your tyre iron.

3/ Far from sweden, most will end up in places like Stoke, with “Super” stuck to the front along with various plated ornaments like some big 6 wheeled kitchen fridge covered in tat magnets.

“party on Bjorne! Party on Benny!” :laughing:

One thing the tipper driver did say was that the new cab would probably look nothing like the prototypes

Hopefully it will be a MAN cab with Scabia on the front. At least you can move around in a MAN. Oops that reads a bit too dipper dave!

More photos but without the fake panels.Mirrors look good.

iepieleaks.nl/new-scania-more-details/