Why are Brits so slovenly?

Hi all.LD,i Think it is unfair and rude to criticize and denigrate Andrejs grammar.As someone who lives in three languages all the time i know it is not always easy.We sometimes have a dig at him in [mostly]a light hearted way but i think that the most people respect anyone who tries to live in another language and culture and admire him for continuing to post in his Polenglish.

hutpik:
Hi all.LD,i Think it is unfair and rude to criticize and denigrate Andrejs grammar.As someone who lives in three languages all the time i know it is not always easy.We sometimes have a dig at him in [mostly]a light hearted way but i think that the most people respect anyone who tries to live in another language and culture and admire him for continuing to post in his Polenglish.

Hello Pik, absolutely I agree with you. We should all respect one another, when I first came to the UK 17 years ago I was always teased about my grammar and pronunciation - but this light hearted teasing made me strive for a better me, a better English language that I knew I could achieve. Hopefully Andrejs will transform his “polenglish” into fluency one day. Lucid Dreams.

anybody give me the polish for

‘can you please stop throwing nappies out of your front bedroom window’

and

can you stop you child from throwing stones at my fence/windows/car please

and

can you turn the volume down on your gob please

and

can you stop hammering nails into your wall at all hours of the day and night

it’ll help with my neighbours, 6 in a 2 bedroom victorian terrace

and if you want to see litter come to sunny wellingborough

tonyj105:
anybody give me the polish for

‘can you please stop throwing nappies out of your front bedroom window’

and

can you stop you child from throwing stones at my fence/windows/car please

and

can you turn the volume down on your gob please

and

can you stop hammering nails into your wall at all hours of the day and night

it’ll help with my neighbours, 6 in a 2 bedroom victorian terrace

and if you want to see litter come to sunny wellingborough

Hello Tony! Welcome! That made me laugh a little, But what a shame they’re living on top of one another like that? Sad. Unfortunately I couldn’t give you the polish translation but can give you a Russian one if you really insist! Lucid Dreams.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7MY_cdUL1E

Lucid Dreams…a very good question indeed…This country used to pride itself once upon a time on its cleanliness…sadly, all the local councils, who in fact are in charge of rubbish collections are starved of cash, and so priorities are changed…laybys are lacking rubbish bins, and sadly motorists and truckers dont like carrying it in their cabs, and if there isnt a bin…the grass verge is the place to dump it…i have heard drivers say F them, if theres no bin, let em pick it up…many drivers react differently, and carry a collection of plastic bags and collect their rubbish for the next bin they find ( like my self ) if theres a bin i use it, either that day…or when i find a one. Its all nationalities that throw their rubbish and not just brits or foreign drivers…Yes its also car drivers too, some just cant wait to get rid of it, even if theyre parked next to a bin, they will still leave it on the floor…and mostly its the take away wrappers/containers like McDonalds, Burger king etc…and yes i am sad too when i see it…also the drivers too lazy to go to the toilet, but ■■■■ up their wheels…then walk inside to buy a takeaway and or drink…that is hard to believe when i see it, and often speak to them but also get threatened for doing so…unbelievable.

truckyboy:
Lucid Dreams…a very good question indeed…This country used to pride itself once upon a time on its cleanliness…sadly, all the local councils, who in fact are in charge of rubbish collections are starved of cash, and so priorities are changed…laybys are lacking rubbish bins, and sadly motorists and truckers dont like carrying it in their cabs, and if there isnt a bin…the grass verge is the place to dump it…i have heard drivers say F them, if theres no bin, let em pick it up…many drivers react differently, and carry a collection of plastic bags and collect their rubbish for the next bin they find ( like my self ) if theres a bin i use it, either that day…or when i find a one. Its all nationalities that throw their rubbish and not just brits or foreign drivers…Yes its also car drivers too, some just cant wait to get rid of it, even if theyre parked next to a bin, they will still leave it on the floor…and mostly its the take away wrappers/containers like McDonalds, Burger king etc…and yes i am sad too when i see it…also the drivers too lazy to go to the toilet, but ■■■■ up their wheels…then walk inside to buy a takeaway and or drink…that is hard to believe when i see it, and often speak to them but also get threatened for doing so…unbelievable.

Hello Truckyboy, thank you for your response! All what you said I totally agree with, it’s a shame people act in such way and worse councils and local authorities are starved of cash - imagine how much extra cash they would have if people never threw their trash on the floor! Or take it to the next level and Just decide on putting their fridge freezer/sofa in a layby. I hardly believe they’d put a sofa there for people to sit on and watch the cars go by! Eww really? Going into a takeaway after urinating up their truck? Some people have no pride! Lucid Dreams.

Man its a race to the bottom, why would any British driver care about things like that don’t we have all the flip-flops to blame
The story is when you have people working for a hint above a living wage they won’t care where they drop there crap and thats a real crap as well
Some are made do 60 odd hours a week and when they look at the end figure its hard to care
I think it’s all to do with low wages and being made to overnight for a very small amount, if i was made to do them things i think i would crap everywhere

#2 appears as if by magic.

hutpik:

It’s not Polenglish as Andrejs definitely is not Polish, Andrejs is Latvian name.

hutpik:

I have a feeling you’re talking to a troll about a troll.

Lucid-dreams:
English isn’t my first language. But I try my best to achieve perfection, please forgive me for my errors. Lucid Dreams.

That’s curious. You claim innocence in a non native language yet there is elegant enough use within your posts. I’m with Harry and Maoster. :laughing:

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Hi all.Milesahead,hey what do i know,i’m just a truck driver.Is it not possible that other countries also have the same name.
Anyway my comment was more aimed at the misplaced arrogance of people who themselves are maybe not 100% English,who for one reason,or another tend to denigrate anyone who’s spelling and grammar is not perfect.As i stated i,myself live in 3 languages all the time and it is very difficult to be correct all the time.So anyone who is trying to live in a language other than his\her mother tongue should be applauded regardless of mistakes.

Its not just the Brits responsible for the crap left lying around. Just take a closer look at the rubbish and you will without doubt spot East European food wrappers and beer cans amongst the mess.
In fact I was on the M25 in Essex today and went past the bridges where the EE’s like to park up for a break/rest…the amount of crap laying around there is unreal.

Freight Dog:

Lucid-dreams:
English isn’t my first language. But I try my best to achieve perfection, please forgive me for my errors. Lucid Dreams.

That’s curious. You claim innocence in a non native language yet there is elegant enough use within your posts. I’m with Harry and Maoster. :laughing:

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Hello again! God forbid a foreign truck driver using elegance in his sentences! Once again, I’m not a troll, if I was a troll I’d make a big drama case, or say something on the lines of “all Brexiteers are working class goons who hate all foreigners” (which they are) -----> see how easy that was? That’s called trolling, if any of you know, or wish to speak with me in Russian, then I’m more than happy to engage in conversation. Once again I will not appear like I’ve gotten the wording from Google translate because my first language is Russian and my second language is English. Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:
God forbid a foreign truck driver using elegance in his sentences

Isn’t that rather missing the point? You claimed you made a guff of the slightly provocative generalisation in the titling due English not being your prime language. Yet bizarrely you move on to give an example of a trolling statement with your Brexit comment. So you’re more than capable of manipulating English to suit.

Rather than any clumsiness due to a second language you know exactly what’s what I reckon :laughing:

Quack! :laughing:

Freight Dog:

Lucid-dreams:
God forbid a foreign truck driver using elegance in his sentences

Isn’t that rather missing the point? You claimed you made a guff of the slightly provocative generalisation in the titling due English not being your prime language. Yet bizarrely you move on to give an example of a trolling statement with your Brexit comment. So you’re more than capable of manipulating English to suit.

Rather than any clumsiness due to a second language you know exactly what’s what I reckon :laughing:

Quack! :laughing:

Although I would love to claim I’m perfect, no one is. Mistakes do happen… I cannot believe I’ve started an account on an internet forum, and managed to ruffle feathers. Not only that those on here are denying my first language. Then again that’s probably a good thing, providing you lot are having some entertainment that’s okay, I’ll just roll with the tide and wait for you all to calm down. Lucid Dreams.

Followed a car today up the M5 and while in the centre lane the driver chucked a bag of rubbish out of the window which I then ran over and spread everywhere! :unamused:

Pete.

windrush:
Followed a car today up the M5 and while in the centre lane the driver chucked a bag of rubbish out of the window which I then ran over and spread everywhere! :unamused:

Pete.

Only an animal would do such a thing! If it helps I have changed the title for you all. Lucid Dreams.