No Idea What To Make Of This Picture!

Just stopped for a cig whilst out on the bike at this pull in used by drivers for over night stops on the now ex A1 at Selby Fork.
Would you park this close to a “caravan” site? Would you park somewhere that is obviously visited by the diesel fairies? or, do these inconsiderate drivers deserve all they get for littering the highway?

IMG_0248.JPG

I bet it stunk to the heavens of p1ss and diesel :confused:

Yes it’s like that in a great many lay byes but lets not forget the removal of rubbish bins to avoid there use as ‘Bomb’ holders many years ago and I think
it was in Somerset recently, roadsides could not be cleared up because of ‘Elf n’ Safety’ reasons, too dangerous for workers to be near the roadside just
make sure you take your crap home with you saves you being racked with guilt. The UK is a dirty, grubby little nation has been for years.

It looks like it could do with a bit of the Switchlogic treatment.
youtu.be/qoTZRe3bfAI

This country is an absolute disgrace with the amount of litter by the roadsides. Drive through France and it’s spotless compared to here. Incidentally, I wouldn’t blame it just on truckers. Down the A303 near Wincanton recently some ■■■■■■■ dumped their double mattress in a layby.

Funny thing is, I remember that clown Cameron spouting his mouth off five years ago telling us that the long term unemployed were going to have to earn their benefits by doing things like litter picking etc. I recently heard exactly the same bullcrap as it’s election time again.

It’s a mess for sure, incidentally did you take your cigarette end home with you
or just flick it into the weeds?

And you are sure its all truck drivers mess because…?
I was parked in a lay by last week and I saw a guy in a car (complete with wife and brats) have a mcdonalds then chuck the whole lot out the window,as well as all their crisp and sweet papers etc. The bin was about two car lengths away.
Its not lorry drivers thats the problem,its not van drivers,or car drivers. Its PEOPLE. Any bus driver on here will tell you the state of a bus after a very short time in service (I once picked up 3 people in a half hour run at 0430,straight out the depot, and found 5 metros,a crisp packet,coffee cup and mcmuffin wrapper lying on the floor when I got to the terminus)

mikeshe:
Funny thing is, I remember that clown Cameron spouting his mouth off five years ago telling us that the long term unemployed were going to have to earn their benefits by doing things like litter picking etc. I recently heard exactly the same bullcrap as it’s election time again.

That’s the no brainer answer, get the underclass lifestyle - benefit type scumbags to chuck their walking sticks away and actually work, and leave the genuine unemployed between job types to carry on looking for work, and also stop displaying an insult to genuine disabled people.
It will be a shock to their systems to actually contribute something instead of habitually scrounging off us, if they refuse stop their benefits and leave them to shoot themselves up to death.

I might vote liberal this election :laughing:

thing is the councils don’t give a flying tip about the area in the 1st place. look at the state of the grass etc … lets get the chain gangs out there and keep the grass cut neat an tidy making the area smart . how often do you see crap thrown around when the grass etc is kept smart.
you tend to find the rubbish after the grass is cut back and the crap is just left

smokinbarrels:
It looks like it could do with a bit of the Switchlogic treatment.
youtu.be/qoTZRe3bfAI

Nice of someone to do something… But it wouldn’t be me :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:

mikeshe:

That’s the no brainer answer, get the underclass lifestyle - benefit type scumbags to chuck their walking sticks away and actually work, and leave the genuine unemployed between job types to carry on looking for work, and also stop displaying an insult to genuine disabled people.
It will be a shock to their systems to actually contribute something instead of habitually scrounging off us, if they refuse stop their benefits and leave them to shoot themselves up to death.

I might vote liberal this election :laughing:

I reckon that you need to stop reading that newspaper the Daily Fail and believing the bs that they print, and the bs that this clueless government has been spouting in order to divide and conquerer the people, but some like you perhaps can’t see this for the sheeple wool perhaps?
If the conservatives win this election and continue with this crusade of cuts,

(there will be rioting on a massive scale)

( and these changes they have indroduced are actually saving the tax payer absolutley nothing) infact they have cost the tax payer money ,with their so called welfare reform over the past 5 yrs, on it and unpaid work schemes that aren’t working , then they have cut the numbers of police on our streets , and other important resources not to mention the NHS, but the DF and some other media doesnt want to print the full truth, wake up as for shirkers there will always be some in every walk of live, it’s a human trait, that you can’t erase with changes

glad that others say don’t just blame lorry drivers,it could be anyone dropping rubbish,as regards voting I would never vote for the liberal democrats,they are as bad as labour if not worse,but then saying that they are all as bad as each other,all promising things if they win but never delivering on their promises

Such a common sight nowadays, hardly anyone seems to notice or even less care. The lack of bins isnt the sole cause, but if there were more of them dotted about it would surely reduce the amount of crap wantonly dumped (on reflection, theyd probably be full to overflowing, and long overdue for emptying anyway). Ive always been of the view that wilful, long-term unemployables should be put to some degree of use within society in order to qualify for their life-long handouts, but its only ever politicians lip service. Until people as a whole buck their collective ideas up and rediscover a sense of responsibility, its a problem and an annoyance that`s here to stay.

It seems to be a problem in this country and it’s not one particular group to blame it’s pervades all sections of society and the more litter around the more likely other people will also litter.
You really notice how bad it is when you go to places like Germany or Austria and see virtual litter free roadsides and laybys.

However round where I work near Tunbridge Wells I have seen groups of those on community service (or community payback as it said on their orange Guantanamo style overalls) clearing litter from the roadside.

■■■■■■■:
Such a common sight nowadays, hardly anyone seems to notice or even less care. The lack of bins isnt the sole cause, but if there were more of them dotted about it would surely reduce the amount of crap wantonly dumped (on reflection, theyd probably be full to overflowing, and long overdue for emptying anyway). Ive always been of the view that wilful, long-term unemployables should be put to some degree of use within society in order to qualify for their life-long handouts, but its only ever politicians lip service. Until people as a whole buck their collective ideas up and rediscover a sense of responsibility, its a problem and an annoyance that`s here to stay.

Thing is how do you determin reliably that someone is wilfully remaining unemployed ? anyone who has every been umemployed will know that the last place you will look for a job is the jobcentre or it’s online data base. unless you want a zero hrs contract or want to work for the min wage or less, that is,
Again they have been feeding joe public with more bs about how many that are in work because of them,lol how many of these jobs are part time? zero hrs contracts, and paying the min wage or less, exploiting people, ? and more importantly how much more is this costing the tax payer for in work benefits, on jobs that don’t have any security, with those who are trying get by having to also rely on handouts from food banks
You start a witch hunt and it will end with no safety net for anyone, is that what you really want? i know that i don’t as for the sick and disabled if their GP has found them unfit to work, then that is what they are , but government thinks it knows better, and it’s failings in denying those who are clearly sick benefits via it’s face to face WCA have cost a lot more than what paying benefits would have done,Both in appeal tribunals and more importantly loss of human life yes ATOS have found the dieing fit for work this is what happens when you start witch hunts It is said that this and the previous government have blood on their hands

I’ve seen several ‘diesel fairy’ setups hidden in the bushes at parking areas recently. (Although none with the pipe and drum next to each other!).

If I ever see one, I usually glove up, grab my stanley knife, and make many slices and small holes all around the drum sides about an inch or two from the bottom… Guaranteed to spray enough out to cover the tossers shoes & pants… :grimacing:

I agree with you tommy on the probable mis-management of community work schemes by any of our political parties, but still stick with the principle that job seekers claiming jsa are declaring their willingness to work. Sickness and disability are not the subjects under review here. I’m thinking more of the young slob type couples who choose to pump out a near instant mega-family as soon as they are physically able, so they can bleat on about not being able to find a job that will pay enough to support their six or seven children. It then becomes a wilful choice to avoid a life of working, in favour of a life of leeching. If you can summon the energy to rut several sprogs into this world, you can surely survive a few hours of light duties to qualify for the not inconsiderable financial underpinning needed to feed and clothe yourself, your fine lady and your horde of little angels??

Snowman is correct. The problem is people. People have started to behave in a very sad manner. Complete lack of pride.

What kind of effort does it take to keep your litter in your vehicle and bin it when you get home or wherever your destination is?

The-Snowman:
I was parked in a lay by last week and I saw a guy in a car (complete with wife and brats) have a mcdonalds then chuck the whole lot out the window,as well as all their crisp and sweet papers etc. The bin was about two car lengths away.
)

Probably a trucker on a day out with his family, showing them what he does when he is working.[emoji6]

redboxer850:

The-Snowman:
)

Probably a trucker on a day out with his family, showing them what he does when he is working.[emoji6]

:laughing: