Who's the bell end here?

Appears to be a 2 lane road turning into a single lane road. So, billy big balls trucker has tried to cut the taxi driver up right at the end. Taxi driver has position and refuses to yield.

I would say, initially, the truck driver is to blame. The taxi driver got triggered though and the red mist came down. What he did next just shows he probably shouldn’t be on the road. Just let it go and we’ll all get where we’re going nice and safe.

Terry T:
Appears to be a 2 lane road turning into a single lane road. So, billy big balls trucker has tried to cut the taxi driver up right at the end. Taxi driver has position and refuses to yield.

I would say, initially, the truck driver is to blame. The taxi driver got triggered though and the red mist came down. What he did next just shows he probably shouldn’t be on the road. Just let it go and we’ll all get where we’re going nice and safe.

That was my guess too funnily enough, you see it so often, a car not letting a truck back in by speeding up a little bit or the truck chancing an overtake and running out of room. (different scenarios but the same outcome)

I’ll reserve judgement on the instigator but I’ll lay blame 50/50 to both complete bellends for making a ‘dashcam drama’ out of a wave of the hand and a mouthed “sorry mate”

If you search through the comments you will find a link to the full clip including what happened on the lead up to this.
They turn off the M5 southbound at Taunton into the A358, this is single carriageway for about 150yds then opens out to dual carriageway for 250yds where there is a right turn for the park and ride.
The truck was behind the blue Renault coming off the motorway onto the A358, as soon as it goes to 2 lanes he moves into the right lane but doesn’t go any faster then the blue Renault, at the end of the 2 lanes he drifts back into lane 1 ignoring that there is now a car level with him on the inside.
I imagine the taxi was behind him at the start of the 2 lanes, was completely bemused as to why the truck moved into lane 2 for the short section (my guess is it was just to stop anybody overtaking him) so carried up the inside and was then at least level, possibly in front by the time the 2 lanes merged. From what you can see the truck driver decides to just move to the left without any care that there is a car there (whether the car has a right to be there is questionable) but the truck driver clearly knew he was and moved over regardless and it turned into a testosterone fuelled ■■■■■■■ contest.

Tgtrucker:
If you search through the comments you will find a link to the full clip including what happened on the lead up to this.
They turn off the M5 southbound at Taunton into the A358, this is single carriageway for about 150yds then opens out to dual carriageway for 250yds where there is a right turn for the park and ride.
The truck was behind the blue Renault coming off the motorway onto the A358, as soon as it goes to 2 lanes he moves into the right lane but doesn’t go any faster then the blue Renault, at the end of the 2 lanes he drifts back into lane 1 ignoring that there is now a car level with him on the inside.
I imagine the taxi was behind him at the start of the 2 lanes, was completely bemused as to why the truck moved into lane 2 for the short section (my guess is it was just to stop anybody overtaking him) so carried up the inside and was then at least level, possibly in front by the time the 2 lanes merged. From what you can see the truck driver decides to just move to the left without any care that there is a car there (whether the car has a right to be there is questionable) but the truck driver clearly knew he was and moved over regardless and it turned into a testosterone fuelled ■■■■■■■ contest.

So safe to assume taxi was local - knew there was no right turn for the truck and that he would have to move left at the end of the dual, so deliberately placed himself alongside to block the truck.

I’ve met drivers like this who deliberately try to find confrontation with others. Having aggro on the road makes their day.

Trucker should have just sighed and thought another nob on the road and pulled back and made mental note that righthand lane is for overtaking, we drive on the left.

Tgtrucker:

Yep, spot on.
This is where it kicked it off- google.co.uk/maps/@51.01707 … 6656?hl=en
That road is a 30 limit for about another 2 miles further on through Henlade. Ive driven that stretch in a truck many times. Its up hill as soon as you pass the park and ride on the right by the lights and its pretty bloody pointless being in the outside lane in a truck since the cars with be doing 30+ along there.
The prick in the truck tried an overtake, ran out of steam but to save face carried on regardless, “punishing” the taxi driver for not letting him back in on running out of road!

I couldn’t find the unedited version on Youtube but I’ve found it somewhere else and put it on Youtube, well unedited apart from the audio being left out anyway.

In fairness to the taxi driver this is his explanation of what happened, obviously I can’t say what’s true and what isn’t because this is just something I’ve copied and pasted here.

So at 48sec truck goes to outside lane and slows . I WRONGLY assumed he was turning right so I proceeded with the traffic .
Too all those thinking I came from a slip road !!! Wrong I was behind him from the Start. I was imo rightly annoyed as he didn’t indicate to come into my lane at all (although as previously stated maybe I should have anticipated better)
After the initial argument and the other lady gets back in her car I left the situation and was waiting for the police . HE approached my car HE spat through my window Thats why I got out of the car. Not only did he spit at me in the car he spat out his truck window too which also didn’t help the situation. HE initiated the contact whilst continuing to abuse my daughter . So like I say hold my hands up to bad judgement and anticipation on my behalf (yes I was angry) but I won’t have any ■■■■■■ spit in my face or abuse my daughter . Btw I don’t mount any verge the 18 tonne shoved my car up onto it .

Mmm, didn’t realise it was a rigid…

What’s interesting is if the taxi had been a cyclist there is no chance the truck driver would have got away with it.

IMO the taxi driver not keeping his cool and shoving the truck driver is what cost him his job/credibility.

tachograph:
I couldn’t find the unedited version on Youtube but I’ve found it somewhere else and put it on Youtube, well unedited apart from the audio being left out anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgR_BgMJMtE&feature=youtu.be

In fairness to the taxi driver this is his explanation of what happened, obviously I can’t say what’s true and what isn’t because this is just something I’ve copied and pasted here.

So at 48sec truck goes to outside lane and slows . I WRONGLY assumed he was turning right so I proceeded with the traffic .
Too all those thinking I came from a slip road !!! Wrong I was behind him from the Start. I was imo rightly annoyed as he didn’t indicate to come into my lane at all (although as previously stated maybe I should have anticipated better)
After the initial argument and the other lady gets back in her car I left the situation and was waiting for the police . HE approached my car HE spat through my window Thats why I got out of the car. Not only did he spit at me in the car he spat out his truck window too which also didn’t help the situation. HE initiated the contact whilst continuing to abuse my daughter . So like I say hold my hands up to bad judgement and anticipation on my behalf (yes I was angry) but I won’t have any ■■■■■■ spit in my face or abuse my daughter . Btw I don’t mount any verge the 18 tonne shoved my car up onto it .

A fair assumption because as I said above, thats a stupid place to try for an overtake! Taxi driver probably thought the same. He cant go any faster as the Renault is slowing his progress, probably sticking to the 30, by the time he gets close to the Renault, he’s already running out of road. You can also see he went for an overtake as soon as it became 2 lanes.
So its fair to say, a pointless overtake attempt and poor judgement on the truck driver.

“So at 48sec truck goes to outside lane and slows” Is that where the rest of us blessed with the gift of sight can see he is gaining on the car in the inside lane ?
“I WRONGLY assumed he was turning right so I proceeded with the traffic” Turning right several hundred yards AFTER the right turn lane ended ■■? While doing 40+ ? mph ■■?
“Btw I don’t mount any verge the 18 tonne shoved my car up onto it” And the 18 tonne kept your speed up and sent you past another two cars ■■?
No doubt they’re both bell ends but those excuses are a lot worse that the ones my 4 year old son makes up.

Gembo:

tachograph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgR_BgMJMtE&feature=youtu.be

A fair assumption because as I said above, thats a stupid place to try for an overtake! Taxi driver probably thought the same. He cant go any faster as the Renault is slowing his progress, probably sticking to the 30, by the time he gets close to the Renault, he’s already running out of road. You can also see he went for an overtake as soon as it became 2 lanes.
So its fair to say, a pointless overtake attempt and poor judgement on the truck driver.

It’s obvious that the truck isn’t turning right from 0.51.While it’s obvious that the truck was never going to make a single let alone multiple overtake in the time and space available.While the car ahead was showing no signs of needing to be over taken anyway let alone any excuse for the tailgating which the truck did next.As I said zb car driver with an HGV licence who should never have been in lane 2 meets another zb car driver who should never have been alongside the nearside of the truck from 0.51.The only question then being what changed in the truck driver’s mindset from creating a decent seperation distance to the car ahead at 0.38 to what happened later at 1.09,when he should have backed off to a crawl if needed at 1.00,to make a safe return to lane 1 and why.Having never even needed to be in lane 2 anyway. :unamused:

I would like to see video from a vehicle that was behind when this happened, it’s interesting to note that in-spite of the taxi driver saying he’s got it all on camera, it’s the lorry drivers video footage that he posts on social media, presumably he got it when the case went to court.

Does that mean his own video was somewhat incriminating ?, makes you wonder :wink:

Having said that, I still think they were both bell ends :unamused:

That taxi driver looks like he has nicked a football off one of the local kids and hid it up his shirt.

Fat bellend :grimacing:

The dive was nearly up there with Rivaldo

Bluey Circles:
The dive was nearly up there with Rivaldo

Yeh I thought that.
He was deffo playing up to his camera when he went down. :smiley:

Could make a tv series of this sort of thing called ‘when two bell ends meet.’ As for falling over, get up and do him over ya ■■■■■■■ nancy.

When I first posted I didn’t know a full version was available. Thanks Tachograph :wink: I should maybe change the title to two bell ends meet :laughing:

Having reviewed the full footage from Tachograph I’d like to put a bit more blame on to the truck driver. What a steaming piece of turd he really is. Quite why he moved into lane 2 is anyone’s guess. Probably another truck driver who drives it like he drives his car. He made a mistake and while the taxi driver is also a turd for undertaking a HGV the truck driver should’ve recognised his mistake and backed off. Forcing a car onto a verge because you think you have right of way is just retarded.

As for the taxi driver shouting “it’s all on camera”. What planet are these people from. Do they not both realise they’re both massively in the wrong. Just because someone has forced you off the road doesn’t give you the right to drive on a verge undertaking cars to then cut them up and block the road off while you both measure your ■■■■■.

And as for the fake knock out, well that’s the funniest thing I’ve seen all week :smiley:

Lock them both up for everyone’s sake :unamused:

Terry T:
Probably another truck driver who drives it like he drives his car.

^ This and not even a reasonably decent car driver at that.The question is what made him go from reasonable driver mode from 0.35 -0.46 to full on ■■■■■■ car driver mode from 0.47.Let alone from 1.00 when it was clear to him that there was no space ahead of him to even stand a chance of carrying out the stupid overtaking move that he’d wrongly planned for from the start. :confused:

As for the taxi driver it’s clear that the muppet shouldn’t have been alongside the nearside of the truck at any point from at least 0.51.While it’s impossible for him to have supposedly been pushed onto the verge,when the moron driving the truck eventually,all too late,decided to abort the over taking move at 1.08,because the street furniture on the verge would have taken him out.Not to mention obviously tail gating the car ahead to deliberately block the truck from returning to lane 1.Which might also explain why the truck driver didn’t abort his stupid overtaking move sooner.

The law don’t should use the video evidence to nick them both for careless/dangerous driving and get them off the roads.Before these two retards eventually inevitably succeed in either taking out themselves or more likely some innocent party.

Carryfast:

Terry T:

^ This and not even a reasonably decent car driver at that.The question is what made him go from reasonable driver mode from 0.35 -0.46 to full on ■■■■■■ car driver mode from 0.47.Let alone from 1.00 when it was clear to him that there was no space ahead of him to even stand a chance of carrying out the stupid overtaking move that he’d wrongly planned for from the start. :confused:

As for the taxi driver it’s clear that the muppet shouldn’t have been alongside the nearside of the truck at any point from at least 0.51.While it’s impossible for him to have supposedly been pushed onto the verge,when the moron driving the truck eventually,all too late,decided to abort the over taking move at 1.08,because the street furniture on the verge would have taken him out.Not to mention obviously tail gating the car ahead to deliberately block the truck from returning to lane 1.Which might also explain why the truck driver didn’t abort his stupid overtaking move sooner.

The law don’t should use the video evidence to nick them both for careless/dangerous driving and get them off the roads.Before these two retards eventually inevitably succeed in either taking out themselves or more likely some innocent party.

I know it say 18t up thread, but I’m thinking puddlejumper. I have a theory about very small lorries and very large vans! could probably add mini cabs to that category of moronic driving.

Carryfast:

Terry T:

Pretty much my thoughts. My only guess is that it was the first time he traversed that road but i highly doubt even that.
As I said over the page, its a completely pointless manoeuvre changing to the 2nd lane anyway, its 30 mph for the next couple of miles and WTF was he going to overtake??
Both drivers are a pair of bloody bell ends!