Professional driver or total bell end?

So it’s not new, but I’ve only just seen it so it may well have been on here before. My personal view is regardless of went on before as a professional driver he should have been able to rise above it and even if he had to get out to try and fight the van driver or whatever his intention was, breaking his windscreen wipers (criminal damage) is a step too far. My view…idiot (to put it polilety)

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -road.html

normal professional truck driver behavious assuing youve the correct attitude in the 1st place with the car driver being a prick.

dieseldog999:
normal professional truck driver behavious assuing youve the correct attitude in the 1st place with the car driver being a prick.

Bollux dd! He’s a total prick and you know it, as usual you’re trying to be the antagonist with your ‘tangtastic’ views I get that, but the fumbling putting the shoes on was quite possibly the most cringy embarrassing thing I’ve seen in a youtube video this year, proper 'ard man!!! “You ****** just you wait while I change from my crocks to my boots because I don’t wanna get my beautiful truck dirty innit, then I’m gonna punch ya neck in”, professional driver? I think not, just a complete fanny in a scanny!

dieseldog999:

Can’t see the van driver did a lot wrong.

Driving out of the midlands I face far worst than someone not slowing down to let me into a lane every single shift. I use the peddle that slows me down and get on with my job. Doesn’t even lead to an angry thought - the idea of blocking someone in, intimidating them and damaging property over something so trivial is insane to me.

It’s also insane to wear clown trousers like the driver in that video.

obviously then he is not employed by stobart/tesco or any similar how slow can you go company,and is looking like a dude just earning his wages,but nobody can see the prelude to the frolic on the roundabout which no doubt would be the reason for the altrication in the 1st place?
to some,its the coffe bean shaker,to others its a predictable thrashing,or possibly in foriegn countries,someone just comes out and shoots you dead…just a matter of perspectives on how much someone annoys someone else.?
its never happened to me personally as im really just all sauce and no bottle though ive had a few nose to nose standoffs where my bluff aint been called,but some people just give you agg .

Scania driver was a bellend, the van driver was already in the lane and progressing to the booth, Scania driver should have been paying attention to the toll signs and just pulled in behind him.
All that I’m going to punch your lights out but just let me put my boots on first was comedy gold, straight out of Monty Python’s Life of Brian.

bell I reckon .
still at least they both got there 5 mins of fame .life goes on

Tipper driver, situation normal…

There was quite a few comments apparently such as yeah but you don’t know what happened before this, only half a story from the video etc etc.

My point being regardless of what went on I do think as pro drivers we should be able to rise above it even more so than car or van drivers. They are driving a 3.5t weapon, we are driving a 44 ton weapon. Trivial road rage, not letting someone in, not letting someone out, someone else making a genuine mistake, someone even doing someone stupid…RISE ABOVE IT AND CRACK ON :unamused: :unamused:

Conor:

I had one 2foot from the back of my car the other day :unamused:

Conor:

+1
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that me and conor agreeing so thats the topic now closed…nothing more to be said.job done :smiley:

sack them both, danger to other road users, pair of pricklies.

Tipped driver didn’t get the sack and had recently been given a brand new Scania :confused:

largebloke1969:
Tipped driver didn’t get the sack and had recently been given a brand new Scania :confused:

Probably a more powerful one so as not to lose out to the next one in the ‘race to the toll’

To be fair the scania driver is a ■■■■.
But to be honest the film then skips to the red light.
Maybe between there the van driver was being ■■■■ as well. Braking suddenly . Gestures out the window etc.
The missing bit would enlighten us all.
But I’d say at a guess van driver probably wound.up gave back …and delete the bit. So people take sympathy and his.side maybe .

edd1974:
To be fair the scania driver is a [zb].
Maybe between there the van driver was being [zb] as well. Braking suddenly . Gestures out the window etc.
But I’d say at a guess van driver probably wound.up gave back …and delete the bit. So people take sympathy and his.side maybe .

Who cares? I have had someone do an emergency stop in front of me to prove a point. Whilst calling me name using hand gestures. I got on with my job and didn’t get out to fight them. I’ve had security people wind me up and I didn’t attack them or vandalise property. I’ve even had verbals with two forklift drivers. I didn’t smash up their forklifts.

Most people go through life dealing with confrontation without to resorting to thuggish behaviour. Being a driver doesn’t mean you get away with it. The bloke is a yob and should go on Jeremy Kyle to get some anger management training.

sammym:

edd1974:
Maybe between there the van driver was being [zb] as well. Braking suddenly . Gestures out the window etc.

Who cares? I have had someone do an emergency stop in front of me to prove a point. Whilst calling me name using hand gestures. I got on with my job and didn’t get out to fight them. I’ve had security people wind me up and I didn’t attack them or vandalise property. I’ve even had verbals with two forklift drivers. I didn’t smash up their forklifts.

Most people go through life dealing with confrontation without to resorting to thuggish behaviour. Being a driver doesn’t mean you get away with it. The bloke is a yob and should go on Jeremy Kyle to get some anger management training.

^^^ this.

Professional driver, rise above it. If you need to then back off and let the other party attempt to wind you up but don’t give them the satisfaction of letting them actually winding you up. How you expect to behave like this is a marked up company vehicle with the amount of cameras about these days and not have consequences beats me. This pilock probably didn’t have enough brain cells to process getting that angry over something trivial and also think about consequences at the same time though.

sammym:

edd1974:

Probably should have done there’s more than a few out there who need knocking down a peg or two.

Truck driver is an idiot, should have his licence suspended because driving an hgv as angry as he clearly is cant be good for everyone else on the road. Also 3 points and a fine for running a red light.

I have first-hand experience of this same company. One of theirs followed me out of Bougheys at Wardle in the early hours of the morning once, we both turned left onto the A51 and before I’d got the unit and trailer in a straight line he was up the side of me :open_mouth:

Seems like all their drivers are idiots, may well have been the same geezer!

Van driver was slow in this instance though…I wouldn’t have given him time to get his shoes on :laughing:

In answer to the original op question, in my opinion, he’s a total bell end :laughing: